Applebutter Inn Bed and Breakfast
Braeside Lodging(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
$118
The Shire Woodstock(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
$159
$362
$349
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge(Quechee)(Great Value!)
$106
$98
QualityInn
506 On The River Inn(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
$239
Super 8 White River Junction(White River Junction)
$71
Hotwire.com
White River Inn and Suites(White River Junction)
$120
$136
HIExpress.com
$149
$134
All reviewsapple butterking davidnew englandperfect hostssconescovered bridgewoodstock arearoyal galaeach afternoonmy husband and ibaked goodslook forwardking arthur flourhome away from homefew minutes drivegas fireplacenew owners
Reviewed February 28, 2007

We have stayed at the Applebutter Inn several times over the past year or so and we will absolutely continue to be return guests. Our most recent visit was in the winter time and we found the Inn equally cozy and comfortable as in the fall and summer months. We love the the quaint rooms (with exceptionally comfortable beds) and Michael and Barbara are such lovely hosts. They clearly very much enjoy what they do. And the breakfasts! They are out of this world, you won't have to eat again until dinner!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lje24
Reviewed October 24, 2006

If you are looking for immaculately clean and beautifully furnished accommodation, together with top quality breakfast then the Applebutter Inn is the place for you.

We enjoyed the finest breakfasts we have ever eaten – baked stuffed apples, pumpkin crunch muffins and rich French toast made with lots of cream. Michael and Barbara were the most attentive hosts we could have wished for, offering guests with special dietary requirements delicious alternatives and ensuring that we had everything we wanted.

The inn stands on a leafy residential street, surrounded by trees. It is just a few minutes drive from the centre of Woodstock but has a very tranquil, rural feel to it. For us it was the perfect base for touring the area, with all the comforts of home including two guest lounges, free wi-fi internet connection and advice from Michael and Barbara on where to go during the day and where to eat at night. Barbara even made dinner reservations for us.

All this plus freshly baked cookies each afternoon for tea. We cannot recommend the Applebutter Inn highly enough.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo
3  Thank Creamegg
Reviewed October 9, 2006

My husband and I along with two of my brothers and their spouses just returned from an incredibly fantastic vacation at the Applebutter Inn. The gracious proprietors, Michael and Barbara, made us feel comfortable and pampered from the minute we arrived until we left. The exceptionally clean guest rooms are furnished with luxurious mattresses and linens and charming antique furniture. The breakfasts, which during our two day stay included freshly picked berries topped with Woodstock water buffalo yogurt, warm stuffed baked apples, home made ginger scones and berry muffins, french toast mousse and sizzling breakfast apple pie, are unquestionably the best my husband and I have ever eaten; even the coffee was delicious! The breakfasts were made even more tempting as they were served on beautiful china and with lovely table linens. A variety of homemade cookies served with tea greeted us in the afternoons, and we enjoyed them as we relaxed on comfortable white wicker furniture on the veranda. When we weren’t eating or relaxing, we took advantage of the Inn’s close proximity to town to shop and hike over the historic covered bridges. It was hard to say goodbye to the Applebutter Inn, but we will definitely return to this lovely oasis in New England.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelerFive
Reviewed October 5, 2006

My wife and I recently returned from 3 days at the Applebutter Inn. From the warm greeting we received from Inn keepers Michael and Barbara to our beautiful room the Inn exceeded all our expectations. I recently returned from a meeting at the four seasons hotel in Las Vegas. The breakfast I had at the 4 seasons was the best I ever had, until the Applebutter Inn. From the freshly picked berries to Barbara's muffins to MIchaels "breakfast apple pie" and french toast. I cannot convey in words the quality of the food or the beauty of the setting. The bedrooms and bathrooms are immaculately clean with comfortable beds, beautiful linens and incredible towels. We took a 3 1/2 mile walk into the town of Woodstock and saw some beautiful fall foliage. MIchael and Barbara were incredibly helpful with suggestions to help plan our days. All in all, both the Inn and the beauty of Vermont make this a destination I would not miss and my wife and I can't wait to plan our next trip to the Applebutter Inn.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank entmd
Reviewed September 24, 2006

Staying with Barbara and Michael, we truly felt at home (except that there was no laundry to do, or dog to walk). They're both so warm and welcoming, that we felt they were genuinly happy to have us in their home. And it just isn't possible to say enough about the food. My husband and I love visiting B&Bs, and have stayed at a good number over the years. But the breakfast at the Apple Butter Inn is the best we've ever had, bar none. Local ingredients, baked to perfection, and the portions are so generous, we weren't hungry again until evening (though we did manage to fit in a couple of Barbara's outstanding ginger cookies served at tea time). If they are all booked during your trip, and you must stay somewhere else, you can stop by the Taftsville General store and pick up some Apple Butter Inn baked goods (the pumpkin crunch muffins are divine!).

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple