“Stratton - friendly, fun professional”

Stratton Mountain Resort
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stratton Mountain resort offers the best skiing in Southern Vermont. The Terrain is very well maintained and varied. There are plenty of Black Diamond trails off all the lifts servicing the upper mountain, as well as blue trails, and green trails on the lower mountain for beginners. The grooming is top notch, with no lips or ruts on which to catch an edge. the resort has a strong policy toward safety, and ski patrol is visible throughout, so the skiers are able to enjoy their time without fearing being hit by an out of control rider.

In addition the lift operators and lodge employees are courteous and professional. the reservations staff is very helpful in assisting guests in selecting accommodations that meet their budget. Stratton offers a wide variety of lodging within walking distance to the lifts, and the little town offers a number of nice dining and shopping choices.

2  Thank seaskifamily
There are newer reviews for Stratton Mountain Resort

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Went to stratton in early December, 2013. Check in for that day was @ 5 PM. Got there early @ 9:30 AM and took a chance my room would be ready at that time. The nice manager who waited on me said it was not ready but there was another unit available. I took that room and when I opened the door to the unit I was surprised to find out my condo had been upgraded from a studio unit to a one bedroom at no extra charge. Since I was staying for 5 nites, that kind jesture certainly added to the comfort of my stay.

Everyone throughout the entire resort is very helpful and accommodating. The overnight ski storage guy was very trusting (let me pay in full the last day)and always there to accommodate me. Food court is excellent, lift attendants are very friendly and guest services really know their way around.

But the nice manager in the welcome center who was so accomodating when I wanted to check in early, really set the tone for my stay. I usually start my ski season at Killington, but from here on out, Stratton has won my allegiance. Can not say enough about this place!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank frednmg
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at the Long Trail House last year and loved it. Unfortunately, this year was not as nice. The room accommodated lots of people with furniture all over the place! There were 3 couches and a big easy chair in the living room! Found the set up very awkward and the décor ugly. Very limited closet space and kitchen was not as well stocked as the previous year. Probably would stay again because of the closeness to the slopes, but would check out the room before moving in. I understand that each unit is individually owned, but there needs to be a little more consistency among units.

1  Thank creativetraveler
Reviewed January 13, 2014

After many, many, many years of traveling to the mountain, we decided to stay on location at Stratton Mountain. We chose the Long Trail House because of the location to the lifts and the price was right. It's someones condo but Stratton runs it like a hotel. We had a one bedroom condo. The bedroom had two queen size beds and there was a pull out sofa in the living room. The place was nicely furnished and kitchen well equipped. There was daily maid service which was a bonus. Check in and check out was relatively easy. Had maintenance come to the unit to get the fireplace to work.

Restaurants on the mountain are limited and expensive but we knew that going in. We made a trip into Londonderry to buy the breakfast essentials and some snacks. The parking garage has limited parking and it is tight as far as parking spaces go. Too bad some people cannot pull in straight or see that they are over the line and readjust to let the other car in. Big SUV's with luggage rack will not be able to fit under the garage.

It was an enjoyable trip too bad the weather didn't cooperate.

2  Thank kbird87
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have traveled quite a bit from Asia to Colorado to Canada. Stratton should be ashamed that they promote, no less operate, such a filthy and in-need-of-maintenance "sports club". As a previous reviewer noted, it is grimy. Standing water and just plain scum is everywhere. There is poor air ventilation so the air is thick with the tepid smell of a gym locker. Rotted and rusty doors, gym/drain matts that haven't been lifted in ages to clean the filth that gets trapped in them. The towels are thin and ragged. The locker rooms are just plain disgusting. Do yourself a favor, don't go. It will ruin your impression of an otherwise good Stratton experience as a whole.

2  Thank Peter L
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Before I booked at stratton, I was a little skeptical because of some of the reviews... But I have to say, I do not understand any of these bad reveiws! This place is AWESOME!

When we first arrived we were greeted at the Welcome Center by Molly and Mary, who couldnt have been more helpful! At first there was a mix up with the bedding situation and we were in a studio but Molly helped us out and gave us a 1bedroom. She was so apologetic and really made our stay that much better!
They couldn't have been more informative about things to do on mountain and off. (i.e the redfox is a must on mondays!)

We had put the kids in ski school and they had a blast! Way more fun then when we tried to teach them! The skiing was great! Perfectly groomed trails (typical northeast skiing).
We were a little bummed out that there wasnt night skiing, but it wasn't the end of the world.

The village was so beautiful at night when it was all lit up. The kids had the best time running around throwing snowballs! There are so many choices of restaurants from sushi to burgers, that every night you can eat a new place.

Stratton is a great place for anyone. Especially families!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I felt compelled to write about our trip to Stratton. To start with we paid over 1K a night for what was supposed to be a 2 bedroom - one king and one with two twins. Upon arrival we found the condo we were given had one king and one queen. Does not work for different gender siblings in their tweens. We go on expensive vacations,so I have no problem paying top dollar but the mix up in type of rooms and inability for resort to do anything really not acceptable. Overall the condo was fine, but really nothing special. The restuarants nearby were very mediocre and I am not picky! If you are looking for a place to sleep after a day of skiing this is fine. But really I think there are other resorts that offer much more. We are going to try Okemo next time!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Grand Summit Resort Hotel
Long Trail House
Long Trail House
#1 of 4 in Stratton Mountain

Been to Stratton Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!