The Stowe Inn
Green Mountain Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
Commodores Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$94
Trapp Family Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$200
Stowe Motel & Snowdrift(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$109
$82
Innsbruck Inn At Stowe(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$69
Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$188
Hotels.com
Sun & Ski Inn and Suites(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$112
Golden Eagle Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$135
$95
Stowe Mountain Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$260
$199
  • Pool
Topnotch Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$183
All reviewsriver house restaurantthe main housecovered bridgenew englandliving roommain streetmountain roadshort driveski triptavernpianofireplaceskiing
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 14, 2006

visited 1/25-1/29/06. our 1st ski trip to new england. very pleased with the stowe inn. very convenient to town & ski slopes. main bldg is well maintained. large comfortable room. excellent continental breakfast daily. staff very friendly, especially holly & meg at front desk. i would request 2nd floor room for additional privacy. warm living room w/fireplace for quiet reading. reasonable price.
would recommend, nice quality property.

Reviewed January 15, 2006

We stayed at the Stowe Inn for 2 nights in mid-September 2005.

This hotel is in a great location for the pretty village of Stowe - it's literally a few steps to a lovely covered bridge that takes you onto the main road. However, it is situated on the bend of the busy Mountain Road and the traffic can build up late afternoon. We had a room with huge balcony, but the view of the road didn't inspire us to sit out on it.

The room was traditionally furnished to a high standard but lacked a few of the conveniences you come to expect - coffee-maker, ice facilities, ironing board. The lack of drinks facilities particularly bothered us as the only way to get a cofee was to buy one from the bar but that doesn't open till 5.30pm so there was basically no way of getting a drink during the day.

The lobby has free internet access on one pc - it seems to be quite popular as there were always people hovering to get on it so you couldn't spend more than a couple of minutes on it.

We decided to eat out in Stowe and stumbled across the Blue Moon Cafe - we got lucky because a few minutes after we were seated, the place filled and people were turned away. We had what turned out to be the best meal we had during our stay in the States - highly recommended.

We returned to the hotel to have a nightcap or two at the bar, but it was packed full of locals sat at the bar who didn't move to let you at the bar and it felt very cliquey so we took our drinks into the empty lounge and enjoyed sipping a very fine Chablis in a beautiful lounge by a roaring fire whilst browsing the extensive books available.

When we went for breakfast the next morning half an hour before the time we had been told it would finish, there was nothing there, it had already been cleared away. We were leaving that morning so decided to leave it, but had we been staying I would have raised a fuss.

Stowe is lovely, and this hotel is well located to stroll around the village.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank JusG
Reviewed January 3, 2006

I was overjoyed to arrive in Stowe for the first time and be staying at the Stowe Inn. The white inn with its lovely porch is postcard pretty and is Vermont as it should be: charming, hospitable, comfortable. Holly and Meg welcomed me warmly. Some folks were lounging on one of the couches in the in the living room by the fire. Meg showed me where to get tea and cookies in the late afternoon. My room was bright with lots of windows as well as clean and well-appointed. The bed and bedding were especially comfortable. Just around the corner was a variety of lovely shops as well as a food market. After a walk in town, I enjoyed soaking in the hot tub--with good jets. I couldn't ask for more!!

• Stayed: December 2005
1  Thank sooze21
Reviewed December 29, 2005

I checked out all the major hotels on my recent trip, and the Stowe Inn looks like the best place to stay in the region. You're a block from the main intersection in town: you can walk through a covered bridge to restaurants, shopping (including a full-size supermarket), ice skating, the post office, and other inns. If you have a car, parking is ample and you can get anywhere easily...
... and inside, the atmosphere can't be beat. Some of the common areas are quiet and some are chatty--you can be guided by how you feel. There's good tea and coffee waiting and a friendly Internet terminal right up front. People at the front desk remember what you need and keep track of requests. It's like a better version of home!

Reviewed December 25, 2005

My husband and I just got back from a 3 day holiday trip to the Stowe Inn, we were in the Carriage house. My parents came with us and they stayed in the inn itself. Everyone there was absolutely fantastic, the staff was very friendly and super helpfull. My parents don't ski, so they enjoyed walking downtown and milling about the inn's living room as if it were their own. As for my husband and I, we thought the skiing was great.
Harringtons served a wonderful meal, the duck on Christmas eve was outstanding. I would definitely go back there again and again.

• Stayed: December 2005