“Highly recommended, great staff!”
Review of The Stowe Inn

The Stowe Inn
Ranked #15 of 22 Stowe B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 9, 2011

My partner and I aren't able to get away very often, but we finally were able to a few weeks ago. We chose to book with Living Social because the deals sounded great. We booked thinking we would be staying in the main inn from the pictures online and agreed to stay in the carriage house knowing that it was more "motel like" from what we were told when booking the room- it wasnt as "high class" as the main Inn. There were a few things we were concerned about, but after we went to the front desk with these issues, we realized that the saying about Vermonters was true... they really do make every stay like a home away from home. Annemarie at the front desk listened to all of our concerns. She was so understanding and genuine that we felt so comfortable. We couldn't have felt more at home when staying away from home! We would definitely stay at the Stowe Inn knowing we would have our home-away-from-home experience. Even the rest of the staff was great. Our housekeeper, Peetagay did a fantastic job. Maintaining the carriage house must be a difficult task - her efforts should not be overlooked. Also, Vermont comfort food at it's best! Everyone at the Stowe Inn was very welcoming. We would certainly visit again!!

Room Tip: The Main Inn Allows the full vacation experience

Reviewed October 9, 2011

We've stayed at the Stowe Inn a few times now when we've headed up to Stowe. It's not as fancy as some of the other inns in the area, but that's reflected in the price, and it's a stone's throw away from the center, so it's nice to be able to walk to dinner, or around the center. We've always found the staff to be helpful, our room clean, and we've gotten some good deals for return visitors. I'd definitely suggest it to anyone traveling to the Stowe area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed at the Stowe Inn in September 2011. It was comfy. The customer service was excellent. We stayed 2 nights with the Living Social package. The prime rib was extremely tasty. I will say there is some remodling going on but it didnt interfere with our stay. Would visit again.

Terri Snare
Colorado

1  Thank terri s
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Would not stay at the Stowe Inn again. The shower sprayed out of the shower and up to the ceiling as well as on you. It resulted in a wet floor as the the water hit the curtain bar and was impossible to avoid. Problem must have been happening for awhile because the shower had been repaired above the shower head. All it would take is a wrench or a new shower head. The toilet seat was in need of replacement. The curtain and globes over bathroom sink were dusty. Beds were comfy. We reported the showerhead at checkout but there were no apologies or hopes that the rest of our stay was pleasant. The Cabot coupons were not available, no explanation there either. I even had asked about the coupons at check in, but was told everything was in the envelope. The envelope had a letter explaning the lack of coupon, but why wasn't the info shared upon arrival? Odd.

Room Tip: We were on second floor which I wasn't aware off. I'm not sure if there even was an elevato...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Checked in on Thursday and let's just say "wow when we saw the carriage house and not in a good way!" First of all each of the rooms needs to be upgraded and especially the bathrooms. Couldn't take a shower for two days because the water in the tub would not go down. Told the staff about the problem and the first day was told the maintenance guy left for the day but that they would make a note of the problem (ah that's reassuring...they made a note of it). The next day complained in which case they told me that the maintenance guy told them he fixed the problem. The question I have is that they rely on 1 maintenance guy for the whole place?

Ordered the cheese plate at the bar on the first night and yes there was some cheese but mostely filled with crackers and fruit.

In all fairness to the place it has a great location in town and has the potential to be a good place but needs about $100k-200K in upgrades. Gordon Ramsey this is a perfect place for you to help out:).

1  Thank ArthurB718
Steve C, General Manager at The Stowe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Hello, I wanted to respond to your review because this is concerning to me. We are , at this minute upgrading our carrige house rooms and will be completed very soon. Most of our rooms are complete. Im not sure how you were able to look in all our rooms to judge them. We did not have any complaints from the guest the night before you arrived about the shower not drianing.Nor from the guest before them or we would have certainlly addressed the problem. Our front desk was informed after hours and the girl in your room stated that this could be looked at in the morning wich maintenance did. Obviously there was still an issue and I have spoken with 1 of our 2 mainternance personell. He stated that there was something dropped in the drain ( a cap of somesort) and he removed the object, ran water and that it drained properly. I did however informed him to investigate these issues better. We will continue to apply ourselves here at the Stowe Inn to make this a great place to stay. I did forward your cheese complaint to our restaurant manager for review.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

Stowe inn sounded so wonderful that we bought two vouchers and spent four days there. I'm not sorry we went to magical Vermont, but I wish we had checked in to another place instead. After all, there was not a shortage of wonderful places to stay in. Stowe inn was charming to look at, but the room we stayed in was worst than what you see in motel 6. To begin with, the air conditioner was not working, there was not a screen on the window in the bathroom, the sink was so dirty, I hated to touch it and that was after talking to front desk people and leaving a note for housekeeping. They left the same dirty glasses for us to use and after finding the house keeper who was cleaning the bathroom in another room, I asked her for clean glasses and she proceeded to grab two new glasses with the same dirty gloves and gave them to us. Toilet seat was broken and moved from side to side when you used it. We ate breakfast there only once and decided to go elsewhere for other days. No coffee to begin with and the wait person was so dirty, I hated for him to touch anything I used. We will go to Vermont again, but not to Stowe inn.

2  Thank sistan
Steve C, General Manager at The Stowe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Hello, Thanks for your review. Being the New GM here, all reviews are very important to me. Im very motivated to discuss and solve any problem that arrise from your stay. Im curious what room you stayed in so I can inspect these issues myself. Our Inn just received a 3 diamond rating from AAA. Our carrige house is being updated now and will continue. I have spoken to our housekeep of 9 years and she explain that her gloves were just put on and wasnt used for cleaning yet. I did however update her on proper procedures. I have questioned the breakfast staff, wich is new, solved the breakfast issues. We will continue to make progress and strive to make The Stowe Inn a great place to stay. We have numerous compliments from our guest and im truly sorry you didnot enjoy your stay. I hope you would concider giving us another try in the future! Steve

Reviewed September 29, 2011

We bought a voucher off living social. Arrived late, key left for us. After opening the envelope we read that we're staying in the carriage house (aka, the run down motel part). . .NOT what I paid for with my voucher. NOT happy but no one on staff at 11pm, had no choice but to spend the night in that room. The carriage house kind of skeeved me, I'm just not a motel type person. It was fairly clean but I don't know, it still skeeved me. The next morning, I called downstairs, told them my story and I have to say I got an EXTREMELY nice woman on the phone and she said "Oh they didn't tell you the Inn was booked when you called to make reservations" (UMM no!) So I told her the only thing they said was, our room would have double beds and if that was ok? (which of course I said was fine at the time) I told her I paid to stay in the INN & I wanted a room in there. They found us a room but we didn't get in until after noon. They give us the rest of our vouchers from the deal and they RAN OUT of cabot passes (how is that possible?? They know how many living social deals were booked!), then the voucher for a "nightly appetizer" had a fine print of "with entree purchase" which was not in the fine print of the deal!!! That's strike 3 at this point!!!

Breakfast was less then stellar, the eggs were gross, I had a waffle and then we didn't even use our free breakfast voucher the next day!

Our new room in the Inn was great, no complaints there.
Close to town, we could walk right in.
Again, worked with a very nice woman (forgot her name though)

I would not stay there again though. What a shame.

2  Thank jmom1116