Tripadvisor
Stowe
All reviews double sided fireplace pool table bedroom and bathroom romantic getaway game room each morning person jacuzzi fiddleheads bed and breakfast our honeymoon breakfast was delicious perfect hosts gas fireplace b bs snow shoes other guests common areas
Selected filters
Reviewed January 8, 2020

Todd and Kristie were fabulous and took great care of us. The property was beautiful and breakfast was excellent. They have a fun game room with billiards, ALEXA and satellite tv so it was nice to hang out on property in the evening and have fun things to do. Will definitely visit again!

Date of stay: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Todd and Kristi... R, Owner at Stone Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Thanks so much!! So glad your first trip to VT was a great one!!

Reviewed January 2, 2020

My wife and I love coming up to Vermont from NJ and for this trip we decided on Stowe VT and the Stone Hill Inn and have to say it was better than we could have ever hoped for. Kristie and Todd both were incredible throughout our 3 day stay. The inn is set back and up in it's own little clearly in the woods and is classically charming but with modern updates that gives it "the best of both worlds", which is very obviously due to the hard work they both put in daily.

All of the little details (quality of linens, toiletries etc) is clearly apparent in the bedroom, the public kitchen off the large lobby (more like a living-room) and the large game room complete with pool table, TV, board games etc etc

We came up to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary and after we left for dinner, I had hoped to surprise my wife with champagne and the piece of wedding cake we saved from the big day. Kristie and Todd were more than happy to set up a beautiful set-up in our room so when we got back from dinner it was ready and waiting to my surprised wife

Can't wait to come back!

Date of stay: December 2019
Todd and Kristi... R, Owner at Stone Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

Thank you so much! So glad you found us and chose to stay here for your 1st Anniversary! Please visit again soon!!

Reviewed January 2, 2020

My husband booked this trip to celebrate my 60th birthday! It could not have been more perfect. We went the first week in December and I truly had my "Hallmark" experience. The snow was gorgeous, the inn was warmly inviting and absolutely gorgeous! Todd and Kristie are perfect hosts making sure that we had anything and everything we needed. The breakfasts were phenomenal and our room was perfect right down to the pillows and mattress. We will definitely stay here for years to come!

Date of stay: December 2019

Awe! Thank you so much! We so enjoyed having you here!!

Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

My wife and I try to go on a low-key getaway around Christmas every year. This year we decided to snowboard in Vermont, and we decided to stay at Stone Hill Inn. I'm happy to say that it was the right choice.

The inn feels like the home of a relative that hosts family winter gatherings each year. The entrance leads to a spacious reception area with comfortable sofas surrounding a large working fireplace in the middle, perfect for reading and lounging. For those that are inclined towards more additional indoor activities, there is a separate lounge room with a pool table, as well as a TV, sofa, and a fairly large collection of DVDs. Our room (Sterling) was wonderful as well, with a very comfortable bed, a nice view of the yard and a timed fireplace. Overall, the inn has a warm, comfortable feel that invites guests to relax and feel at home.

Breakfast is included and came in delicious, generous (by NYC standards) portions - and alternate between savory and sweet. I would also note that they brew great coffee (Green Mountain Coffee) that gets you ready for a full day outdoors. The dining room overlooks the small hill that can be sled down via a toboggan, though sadly there was not enough snow on the ground.

Location-wise, the inn is roughly halfway between Stowe Mountain Resort and downtown Stowe - that is to say, 10 minutes by car either way. The inn is just off the main throughfare (Mountain Road), and all of the amenities - the slopes, snowboard rentals, PK Coffee, Alchemist, etc., were easily reachable.

Finally, Kristie and Todd were fantastic hosts - not only were they kind and helpful (e.g., tips on where to park at the ski resort), they were naturally at ease with matching the energy and engagement levels of different couples.

Overall, I highly recommend the inn for couples looking to unwind and reconnect. It was great for the winter, but I would love to see it in Vermont summer as well - the pictures looked amazing.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Todd and Kristi... R, Owner at Stone Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Aww! We are so glad you found us and chose to stay here! Thank you so much for the kind words! We hope we see you in spring or summer! It is just gorgeous here then.

Reviewed December 18, 2019

Our trip to the Stone Hill Inn was exceptional. My husband and I planned an elopement on short notice and the owners Kristie and Todd were very accommodating. They worked to make our wedding and trip as special as possible. The property was beautiful and very well maintained. Our room was amazing, the photos don't do it justice. The bathroom was very large and the double-sided fireplace facing the Jacuzzi tub was amazing! We loved having breakfast each morning in the dining room. The food was great and the view was beautiful! Our stay was very private, but we were still able to meet some other couples in the common areas. If you are considering eloping or really any romantic trip in Vermont this is THE place.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Todd and Kristi... R, Owner at Stone Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2019

Thank you so much!!! We are so happy you chose to elope here! Hope we see you for your 1st Anniversary! Best Wishes!