“Unbelievably Romantic”
Review of Stone Hill Inn

Stone Hill Inn
Ranked #1 of 22 Stowe B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 29, 2007

The Stone HIll Inn was everything and more than I could have hoped for. From the second you walk into the lobby, you experrience the feeling of being pampered. Hap and Amy were wonderful and would have done anything to make our stay more enjoyable...(impossible). The rooms were some of the best I have ever seen setting the mood for romance. A great getaway for new lovers or a couple trying to reignite an old flame. A+ all around and I will definetley be going back.

Stayed: March 2007
2  Thank lowrider01s10

Reviewed February 16, 2007

The Stone Hill Inn was our wish come true. After a crazy week of final wedding preperations the Stone Hill in was the perfect place to relax and rejoice. The staff was very helpful. The food was amazing!! Once you walk into the doors at the Inn you feel like you are in heaven. It is so peaceful and quiet.

Also, if you want a late night snack all you have to do is go to the pantry and pick something.

My husband and I think back at our time at the Inn and we can't wait to go back!!

If you want a relaxing private getaway, the stone hill inn is the place to go!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jessiee1730
Reviewed February 10, 2007

I'm not one to write in to these sites, but I felt compelled to this time. My fiance and I just came back from a 3 night stay at The Stone Hil Inn. We travel extensively and always stay at great resorts/hotels/Inns. I can't imagine that there is a more romantic place to stay in Stowe (or all of Vermont for that matter).

First off, the Inn Keepers, Hap and Amy, are wonderful. They take such pride in their Inn and it shows - not only in the superb service, but in the seemingly endless details.

The location is great. It's only a few minutes to the mountain and all that the village of Stowe has to offer (yet it is up a long drive and nicely set back from the main road).

The room we stayed in was called Catamount. I think they are all similiar. The room was quite spacious and nicely appointed. The big draw is the gas fireplace that faces the bed on one side and the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom on the other side. After a long day of skiing, it was wonderful to come back to our room and soak in a bubblebath across from the fire.

The communal sitting room is very nice and you feel like you are at home. We played cards there one afternoon while enjoying some champagne and cheese we bought from a local merchant. Also, Hap makes a tasty afternon hors d'oeuvre. The food at the Inn is great and totally unexpected. At breakfast you have a choice of 3 fantastic entrees. Far better than the usual continantel breakfast served at most inns.

2 other places of note in Stowe: "Mr Pickwick's" is a charming European style pub that serves good food and a huge variety of ales. It is a quite cozy, little tavern. Also, you must have dinner at "Hen of The Wood". It is located about 20 miuntes from the Inn, in the next town over called Waterbury. It is off the beaten path in a renovated grist mill from the 1800's. The interior is charming - candle lit and very unique. The wine list is quite good and very reasonably priced. The food is fantastic. I had duck breast which is hit or miss at most restaurants and it was phenominal. My fiance had a fabulous Ribeye steak. The service was friendly and attentive.

Don't miss any of these places if you go to Stowe!

4  Thank SusanneMac
Reviewed February 3, 2007

My husband and I have been enjoying this romantic getaway for five years now. We found the property online for our honeymoon and have been enjoying the romance in the mountains ever since. Amy and Hap, B&B owners, are friendly, personable, and cater to your every need. They can provide you with a relaxing vacation in a romantic atmosphere, where you can put all your worries behind you. The breakfasts are spectacular and the evening hors d'oeuvres are tasty and unique. We recommend this B&B without any reservations. Please take advantage of this "Romantic Getaway in the Mountains".

~ Brad and Erica Moore

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emoore23
Reviewed January 19, 2007

To begin, it was like the owners opened their home to us. They were very personable and friendly. The breakfasts were excellent, the atmosphere was so warm and comfortable. The room was exceptional with it's own theme. My wife was very pleased with the added package I chose for her.......rose petals on the bed and floor, a single rose in a vase on the night stand, and a large heart made totally out of chocolate filled with truffles. She loved it. The kitchen area had almost anything you could think of available to us. The appetizers provided each night were also delicous. We cannot wait to go back.

1  Thank TNDougie
Reviewed January 1, 2007

My new husband and I decided to come to Stowe to elope and we stayed at the Stone Hill Inn. We also had the ceremony there in the solarium. Amy and Hap truly went above and beyond our expectations (which were already high, considering all of the reviews on this website). Everything came off beautifully and all of their recommendations for restaurants and activities were right on the money! We truly could not have envisioned a more beautiful and relaxing wedding weekend. The rooms were luxurious and I felt like I spent the entire time enjoying the Inn's plumbing! I was either in our room's enormous jacuzzi tub or in the actual jacuzzi outside. The breakfasts were perfect. We were only there for 3 nights, but I came away feeling so revitalized and refreshed. I can't imagine our money being more well spent! We're already plannning our trip back for our anniversary.

1  Thank citygrl1980
Reviewed December 26, 2006

Hap and Amy at the Stone Hill Inn provided a charming and luxurious B & B experience that was perfect for a Christmas getaway from the stress of the holidays! Even though there was no snow (the first time in 20+ years!!!) the village and the people of Stowe were friendly and welcoming. Hap's delicious breakfasts each morning started the day off right and the Inn itself was very comfortable and relaxing, especially the jacuzzi tubs and fireplaces in each room! Another trip to the Inn is a definite!

1  Thank Eviektch