“Romantic, Luxurious Getaway That Cannot Be Topped”
Review of Stone Hill Inn

Stone Hill Inn
Ranked #2 of 22 Stowe B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 8, 2010

The moment we arrived at Stone Hill Inn all of our worries, stresses, and obligations melted away and we were able to enjoy each other without any interruptions for 2 days, if we could have stayed another 5 we certainly would have.

The amazing thing about Stone Hill Inn is how attentive and responsive they are to the needs and personalities of each individual couple. Some couples love to be out all day, skiing, going to the bar, taking tours, and being social with everyone they meet, while other couples prefer spending the weekend watching DVD's, going out to eat, and relaxing in the beautiful fireside jacuzzi, or the most comfortable bed in the world. The staff at Stonehill will help you both create a weekend that will forever be memorable and will make it their priority to make you both feel relaxed and at ease.

The grounds are impecably beautiful, as is the decor and ambiance. It maintains a modern feel while infusing the rooms and common areas with a rustic charm that is both quaint and free-spirited. The room we stayed in (Moss Glen) had beautiful colors and a scenic view of the Vermont woods.

The breakfast served in a large breakfast room with exactly 9 tables is absolutely amazing (the cook certainly knows his breakfast dishes) and not having to wait for a table or listen to a table of 10 people chatter only makes the food more delictable. They also offer hot appetizers around 5, and while my fiance and I did not partake either night, we felt in no way pressured to join the other guests and inn staff. This was such a nice touch because many B&B's have always made me feel uncomfortable and obligated to join the innkeepers and other guests.

The location is nestled back from Mountain Rd. and rests about halfway between the mountain and the historic center of Stowe, everything was within a 3 mile drive.

Everything about Stone Hill was exceptional and I feel any criticism I could give would be reserved to nitpicking and complaining, and in a world where so many businesses get things wrong I feel it would be unfair to mention things that are largely unavoidable and a part of life.

This place is truly wondrous for those couples looking for a romantic interlude. There are no distractions and a day can consist exactly of what you want to make it, from the moment you awake and enjoy some amazing baked goods, or from the moment you lay down on the most comforting bed ever.

We will most certainly be returning next year and even though I just drove home today, I'm ready to make the 3 hour drive right now.

Thank you very much for your hospitality, and respect for couples looking for the perfect place to rekindle and enjoy their very special bond.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 7, 2010

As soon as I walked in, the understated comfort took me by surprise. I knew that places like this existed but until I was in its midst I couldn't appreciate it. I was stressed and tense about other things until I got there. Once I was there I just felt good. The wife and I have already booked a reservation for next year.

Reviewed March 5, 2010

Had another great time at the stone hill inn, food was great and stil had plenty of snow to frolic in. Staff was very nice and eager to help with any plans that we had.

1  Thank arrow4958j
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Very quiet and peaceful atmosphere:) Rooms were nicely decorated, staff was friendly and accommodating (I am on a gluten free diet). The see through fireplace was nice as was the whirlpool tub. It is conveniently located minutes from town and Stowe Mountain. it is a bit expensive, but worth it as it is the only Bed and Breakfast in the area that caters specifically to couples.

1  Thank jcaa20
Reviewed February 21, 2010

The amenities were outstanding. Everything about the Stone Hill Inn from the well appointed rooms to the general living space is well thought out and first class. If you're a breakfast lover, this is the place.

Our innkeepers Dana and Debbie were friendly, warm and very attentive in all respects. Debbie was able to give great restaurant recommendations, and Dana was a master chef in preparing delectable breakfasts of all sorts.

Reviewed February 17, 2010

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Stone Hill Inn over President's Day Weekend. We stayed for 3 nights -> and wished we had at least 2 more! We have never experienced such hospitality and luxury in one place! Our room was gorgeous, and the unique fireplace (opening both to the two person jacuzzi tub and to the bedroom) was fantastic. We snowboarded two of the days - but found ourselves wanting to get back to the Inn to relax! We took advantage of the outdoor hot tub, hot hors d'oeuvres every night, movie library (with popcorn!), and even took several toboggan runs. The full breakfasts were to die for, and we were impressed with how attentive Debbie and Dana were to my dietary restrictions. Debbie and Dana were fantastic hosts and very friendly. When we arrived, Debbie even gave us printed directions (door to door) from the Inn to the three places we had reservations for dinner over the weekend. We feel fortunate to have found our new vacation retreat in Stowe, and we will most certainly be returning!

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I have never written a review in my life, but I have to contribute to the rave reviews the Stone Hill Inn is receiving. This place is the best! Debbie, Dana, and the staff are wonderful! We got married in the beautiful solarium, and the staff went way out of their way to make sure our day was special, right down to helping me with my dress and making sure my husband's boutonniere was straight. I would be remiss if I didn't also mention our huge room with a fire place and two-person spa tub, relaxing great room with games and a pool table, beautiful grounds, magnificent breakfast and delicious evening snacks. If my husband and I are ever lucky enough to make it back to Stowe, we will definitely stay here. Thanks Debbie and Dana!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple