All reviews double sided fireplace pool table west branch romantic getaway each morning jacuzzi tub fiddleheads our honeymoon bed and breakfast new owners perfect hosts gas fireplace b bs other guests breakfast was delicious common areas turn down service
Reviewed April 17, 2018

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Stone Hill Inn the last days of the ski season. We don't ski but wanted to explore Vt hiking trails. We weren't sure what to expect since we had recently tried a get away weekend over the new years holiday and the other inn we reserved ended up to not be what we hoped it was even after seeing it had high ratings and reviews. But we were pleasantly surprised by Stone Hill. The food was great and we were able to entertain ourselves with the pool table in the common area when it was rainy outside. Unfortunately the toboggan run was blocked by a tree so we didn't get to play in the snow, but we didn't even know that was there so it wasn't really part of our plans anyway. Maybe next time. The grounds are beautiful and the atmosphere in the inn was peaceful. I loved the gas fireplaces and fresh warm cookies that were put out. Todd and Kristie were friendly and attentive but not overly so. It was the perfect get away for us. We stayed in the Fiddle head room. It was clean and very nicely decorated. We only opened the patio door to play in the snow a little but I could tell it would be perfect for a spring and summer hang out. The little moose on the pillow was so adorable I bought it as a reminder of what I thought was a perfect romantic weekend. We had the in room couples massage too and the massage therapist did an excellent job relaxing us both. This is definitely a couples get away. We look forward to our next get away at the Stone Hill Inn. It was so nice that I debated not writing a review in an attempt to keep it a secret :-P. Thank you Todd and Kristie for a wonderful stay. --Consuala and Jonathan

Room Tip: The Maple room, next to the Fiddle head room is better suited for in room massages. The Fiddle head is a brighter room, more windows.
Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

Very private romantic gateway. Snow falling on the pines each evening there. The room was perfect with the fireplace and jacuzzi. Todd and Kristie are great Inn keepers that gave attention to every detail. We loved arriving home each evening to find homemade cookies waiting. The in room couples message was head to toe bliss. Having beer on tap when asked was a nice touch. Each morning we looked forward to a gourmet breakfasts with stunning views was delectable with all the tastes of local farms to satisfy. Todd and Kristie gave wonderful recommendations for dining and things to do in Stowe. Michael's on the hill was a superb dining experience. We highly recommend it. A special thanks to Tony for his top notch service. Our next visit to Stone Hill Inn will be in the fall to hit the bike trails. Can't wait! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect and memorable getaway to celebrate our 30th.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Todd and Kristi... R, Owner at Stone Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

You are so sweet! Thank you so much for leaving such a kind review! You will LOVE the fall! It is stunning here! See you soon! Thanks again!

Reviewed April 11, 2018

Every detail phenomenal. The game room was a comfortable place to hang out with movies, chess, billiards and more. Every nook and cranny was immaculately clean and well-maintained (yes, we did explore the place!). Todd and Kristie were so helpful, friendly, and creative. They really take personal pride in the inn and every detail of their facilities, service, and quality of experience. I am barely 5’ tall and sometimes B&B beds are difficult for me to manage. We did not indeed stay in the ADA compliant room, but there were still nice amenities in each room (ours included) that made everything within reach and so easy for me! I had no trouble at all. The breakfasts were so delicious, fresh, and filling that after Day 1, we cancelled our plans for breakfast outings elsewhere so that we could eat at Stone Hill every morning instead. If you are looking for antique furniture and an old-fashioned vibe, this is not the place for you. However, if you want an allergy-friendly, pristine, best-friend-by-the-fireplace feel, this is your place! We have stayed at other B&Bs many times but were so impressed with this one (Todd and Kristie’s special attention to detail make this exceptional), that we booked for next year as we were checking out from this year’s stay. This is our new anniversary tradition!

Room Tip: trust Todd and Kristie's recommendations for you--they know their facilities well
Reviewed April 9, 2018

Chose this place as a romantic/get to know you weekend. The room was beautiful. Nicely decorated. Jacuzzi tub was perfect. Double sided fire place kept you nice and warm. Extremely quiet! We were right next to the laundry room and never heard anything!
The breakfasts were great! Tony was very kind and helpful! We will for sure back! I have never had such a carefree relaxing weekend before!

Room Tip: Stayed in the Catamount. No complaints!
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Todd and Kristi... R, Owner at Stone Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Thank you so much! We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Definitely hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2018

My husband and I booked the Stone Hill Inn for our honeymoon. After staying there for four nights, I can honestly say that we picked an amazing location! Todd and Kristie are simply the best--very helpful and they clearly care about their guests' experience. We booked the honeymoon package and had a great time at the chocolate making class provided by Laughing Moon Chocolates and dinner at Michael's on the Hill. The couples' massage and rose petal turn down were great features as well! We stayed in the Cotton Brook room (upgraded from The Notch) and it was gorgeous! We also, by coincidence, had the whole place to ourselves during the week which made it feel very private and romantic, an unexpected bonus! Though I'm sure it's great when you have other couples to socialize with too; they have nine rooms in the building with over nine acres of land! The common areas are very well-appointed--we spent some time just hanging out in front of the big fireplace in the common room and we watched a movie in the game room one night. The laundry room and pillow closet are great amenities. The three-course breakfast is just to die for--seriously, I would come back for the breakfast alone. It's all freshly prepared each morning and a great way to start off the day! Having a pantry stocked with waters, sodas, and pastries was an awesome perk to come back to after a day of sightseeing.

All in all, I couldn't recommend this place enough! My husband and I definitely plan to come back in the near future!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Todd and Kristi... R, Owner at Stone Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your honeymoon!! We are so glad you enjoyed the inn and Stowe! March and April are nice times to visit as it is a little quieter. It was lovely to meet you both and we hope to see you again very soon! Thank you so much for leaving such a kind review! Wishing you many years of happiness!