The place is more a small boutique hotel and less a B&B. The property is very well kept and beautiful. The grounds are lovely and the place is close enough to stowe but not too close. the place has like 6 rooms, in addition to a main hall and a game room open to the guests. The quality of the breakfast was adequate, not much more than that. The owners were personable, but to be honest, we didnt really have much interaction with them after checking in. the frisge in the kitchen was stocked with water and soft drinks which was a nice perk.
A couple of things that could use sprucing up are:
1) maybe it was just me, but the front doors looked a little shabby compared to the rest of the property. sort of like the entrance to the hoboken holday inn.
2) a turn down service would have been nice and probably pretty easy with such a small property
3) recycling the cakes from breakfast as afternooon snacks is a little tacky
4) maybe an afternoon tea or cocktail hour would have been nice
5) the size of the bathrooms were completely out of proportion to the rooms, it was just odd.
Bottom line: certainly one of the nicer places i have stayed. Not perfect, but very good.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking