All reviews double sided fireplace pool table west branch fiddlehead room guest kitchen sterling room bedroom and bathroom romantic getaway person jacuzzi each morning fiddleheads our honeymoon bed and breakfast b bs perfect hosts new owners breakfast was delicious
Reviewed September 11, 2014

The Stone Hill Inn is a beautifully decorated and comfortable inn close to the village of Stowe. The owners, George and Linda, are very friendly and make every effort to assure that your stay is memorable. The breakfasts are gourmet. I love to eat breakfast out and Linda's were the best. I met some friends there and we all enjoyed sitting in the game room reminiscing, listening to music, or playing a game of pool.
The landscaping adds many touches of color- loved the Black-eyed Susans by my room and the huge white hydrangeas.
I was sad to see my stay end and hope to get back soon. Thank you, George and Linda, for everything.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Phyllis R
Reviewed September 5, 2014

The "Best." We prefer to stay at B&B's and have experienced enough of them to know the good ones from the fair/poor ones. Stone Hill Inn is far beyond "Excellent." We have learned that the innkeepers are usually the best indication of what to expect from our B&B stay. George and Linda are two of the best innkeepers we have ever met. That is not a statement that should be taken lightly . . . they truly are warm and friendly people who take immense pride in the Inn. It shows in every detail. The rooms and the common areas are inviting and make you feel "at home" . . . but soooo much better. The breakfast room (as well as the rest of the Inn) is decorated with the utmost of taste and exudes a warmth that is hard to find in many B&B's. Breakfast? Terrific. Comfortable bed? Of course. Are the grounds well landscaped and inviting to take a walk and relax? Better than I can describe.

While I could write several paragraphs about "over and above" this Inn is, I think writing too much would take away from the basic point of this review, which is very simple. The combination of the physical aspects of the Stone Hill Inn coupled with the sincerity and hospitality of George and Linda make this a "must do" if you are visiting the Stowe area. In case you can't tell, we LOVED it.

Room tip: EVERY room is a good room.
2  Thank CODYKODA
Reviewed September 2, 2014

This was our third stay at Stone Hill but the first since the new owners took over. We went there to celebrate our 25th wedding Anniversary and I was a little nervous that things might have changed but was glad to see that everything was the same if not better. Linda and George are such great hosts always there to see if everything was ok or if there was something they could do better. They obviously take pride in their inn and want to make sure all their guests have everything they need to make them comfortable. Their assistant was also very pleasant and eager to help make our stay very pleasant. The Inn was very clean, quiet and comfortable. Although the inn was full on our first night we would never know it because it was so quiet and peaceful. Breakfast was also wonderful. I'll be thinking about Creme Brulee french toast for a long time and if you are not into that kind of breakfast such as my husband then they are happy to just do regular eggs and toast. The guest pantry is also a nice touch with complimentary soda, water, coffee and tea and a full size guest fridge to put in personal items as well. We had a wonderful stay, I'm a little bummed that we didn't stay longer. Hoping to go back in the Spring. Try this Inn for a special occasion or just because. I promise you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank MistyMassachusetts
Reviewed September 2, 2014

If you want a relaxing vacation and a romantic getaway - this is the place for you. The owners Linda and George are sweet, attentive and definitely have wonderful personalities to greet and chat with many visitors from around the globe. Linda's breakfasts are "decadent" which is a descriptor I stole from George but it captures what you will experience each and every morning. I love to cook and can appreciate the time and effort that is put in at Stone Hill. Tony is "the jack of all trades" around the Inn and has a welcoming calm demeanor and is always willing to help and pay attention to special details. The rooms are designed well and are very clean. The jacuzzi tub with Eucalyptus bath salts which are provided is a welcome retreat to a long day of sightseeing or shopping. We loved it so much we are coming back in a couple months in October. Thanks for everything ! Heidi & Mike

Room tip: All rooms are great. We peaked at others and the pictures are online and an accurate representation.
1  Thank Heidi S
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Patti M
Recently my husband and I had the good fortune to stay at the Stone Hill Inn for our 10th wedding anniversary. We were incredibly pleased with our decision to stay here for many reasons. First of all, the couple that run this place are delightful. George has a terrific sense of humor and Linda is equally pleasant and efficient and makes a mouthwatering gourmet breakfast! The guest rooms are beautifully appointed, and the rest of the place feels like a comfortable inviting home. The grounds are private and filled with gorgeous flowers and shrubs as well as a very delightful cascading water feature. The location is convenient to town and the walking path. In a word, this place is PERFECT. We can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: July 2014