All reviews double sided fireplace pool table fiddlehead room sterling room romantic getaway bedroom and bathroom each morning person jacuzzi fiddleheads game room bed and breakfast our honeymoon b bs gas fireplace snow shoes breakfast was delicious perfect hosts
Selected filters
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We spent the weekend in early May and were so impressed. Linda and George made us feel special from the moment we arrived. The facilities are great and the breakfast fantastic! We will definitely be back!!!

Date of stay: May 2014
1  Thank Jill K
Reviewed May 17, 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at this perfect Inn nestled in the mountains of Stowe Vermont. The room was very well decorated and very peaceful overlooking the mountains, the room was equipped with a extremely comfortable king size bed, jacuzzi and a two sided fireplace. The whole Inn is very well decorated and stunning. The excellent breakfast was served in a bright dining room with glass windows all around to enjoy the great view. In the afternoon very tasty snacks are put out for us to enjoy. The Innkeepers Georges and Linda put you at ease the minute you arrive and are a pleasure to be around. I cannot forget the pleasant and knowledgeable staff member Tony which helped with breakfast. This is Inn is a must stay when in the area of Stowe.

Date of stay: May 2014
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Our stay at Stone Hill Inn was one of the most relaxing 3 days my wife and I have had in some time. The inn is tucked away in the woods, far off the main road in a tranquil setting. George greeted us at the door like an old friend even though it was our first visit. Fabulous breakfast every morning in a no-hurry, beautiful glassed in dining hall. Linda is a great cook, George a gracious host. Quiet atmosphere and incredibly comfortable rooms. We're making plans for the fall!

Date of stay: March 2014
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We just came back from a weekend stay in Stowe where we stayed at the Stone Hill. I barely have anything bad to say about this place...

So here is what I loved:
The breakfasts were amazing and the coffee was perfect
The pillow closet that lets you chose your own pillow is a genius idea - more places should have that!!
The location was near everything yet very quiet giving you that secluded feeling
The hosts were very gracious
The tub! That alone merits the 5 star rating for this place... To be experienced!

Things that I felt needed improvement....
....
I thought that when the heating came on, it was a little loud and woke me up a couple of times the first night. The second night, I didn't hear it anymore and slept great!

In hindsight, I would've picked the room I really liked instead of the cheapest room: they are all different and I think that loving the look of your room is part of the appeal of this place. Although I didn't mind the look of our room (Notch), I should've spent the extra money and gotten the one that really spoke to me.

Room tip: Look at the pictures and get the room that speaks to you.
Date of stay: March 2014
1  Thank Mccoyote
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I recently stayed at the Inn - was supposed to be for 3 nights but, upon arrival, decided I needed more! Feels like home but much better. Innkeepers George and Linda are welcoming, kind, friendly and fabulous hosts. The rooms are absolutely lovely - complete with floating fireplace, awesome sheets and every other amenity you could hope for. Linda serves up delicious, gourmet breakfasts that will start your day off right. George is there for whatever you might need and always ready for good conversation. And not to forget Tony - jack of all trades and always at the ready to help in any way - complete with a smile.
The inn is in a great location - short trip up to the mountain and close to all the shops and restaurants. It's set back from the Mtn. Rd so has a secluded feeling.
This is the quintessential inn - warm, cozy, friendly and perfect for a romantic getaway or solo retreat.

Room tip: Really all the rooms are great. The inn is on the smaller side so quiet and calm.
Date of stay: February 2014