All reviewsdouble sided fireplacepool tablewest branchromantic getawayjacuzzi tubeach morningfiddleheadsour honeymoonbed and breakfastnew ownersgas fireplaceb bswonderful hostsother guestsbreakfast was deliciouscommon areasboard games
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had never been to a bed and breakfast before so I didn't really know what to expect. Well, after spending 4 nights at Stone Hill Inn, I must say that the bar has been set very high. Stone Hill Inn has set the standard by which I would compare any other bed and breakfast inns. The level of service and luxury is second to none. George and Linda are the nicest innkeepers. They are warm and friendly and go out of their way to make guests feel welcome and special. Every morning breakfast was a feast and Linda was so accommodating with the menus. Linda is an excellent cook and her recipes were delicious! In the evening there were hors d’oeuvres and cookies to snack on which were yummy. We stayed in the West Branch room and it was luxurious and very spacious. The 2 sided fireplace was cozy and the jacuzzi tub was an extra treat. The inn itself is located on a hill and the grounds are beautiful. The location is prime for all the things you want to do in Stowe. I would highly recommend this romantic retreat to anyone traveling to Stowe, Vermont.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My boyfriend Dan and I expected a level of luxury as we stayed at the Stone Hill Inn but what was truly remarkable was the amazing, amazing hospitality of the Inn keepers George and Linda. Warm, social and truly the pinnacle of good hospitality, George and Linda did everything possible to make our stay the most memorable. (they even woke up early to cook us breakfast when we had an early ski day!) Social hour was so much fun and we felt immediately at home. Favorite: the 9.5 acres that surround the property, the hot tub with the fireplace and well everything. Stay here! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "White Birch" room! Very lovely!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I'm not sure whether to begin with the people or the inn itself...both were fantastic, but I'll start with the people. Innkeepers/Owners George and Linda are very special people. We were greeted with a welcome and a smile that sincerely said we are truly glad you are here. We were helped with our baggage and given a quick tour of the inn and the amenities available to us. We were made to feel at home and were invited to help ourselves to anything, although the offer for assistance was always there. Every morning we were greeted with the same warmth and service and enjoyed the most wonderful breakfast complete with fruit, pastries, the specialty of the day, or our personal favorites. On our first day, Linda made a list of the must see and mapped it out in order of travel. Tony is the Director of Guest Comfort and is such a gentleman. He as well treated us as if we were their only guests.
THE INN IS BEAUTIFUL ! We had a corner room (West Branch) which I highly recommend...warm, cozy, lovely with a two sided view. Our view through the sliding glass was magic, as was the view from the other side of the room, (a gazebo with a fully lit decorated Xmas tree/sled and snow capped woods). With a flick of a switch, we had an instant fire in the bedroom and bathroom.....favorite part ! Being a girl, I really loved the spacious closet (with safe, iron/board) and numerous drawers both in the bedroom and bathroom (we did not have to live out of our bags, so nice !). Another detail I appreciated was that the pillows were double cased. The dining room is joyful and stunning with chair to ceiling windows all the way around and soft music making breakfast equally as magic.
THE AMENITIES ARE EXCEPTIONAL. A guest kitchen stocked with any glass/stoneware you might need (wine/champagne, coffee/tea, plates, popcorn & popcorn bowls, ice buckets). The frig was stocked with complimentary sodas/waters and was perfect for keeping our favorite wine. We were encouraged to use the guest laundry which was great for fluffing packed clothes. (Laundry also held a variety of pillows more to our liking). With tons of movies in the library, we stayed in one night with popcorn, a hot toddy, and the fire....perfect ! There is an awesome game room with billiards, CDs of your choice, and a comfy chair my husband enjoyed for his early morning reading. We snowshoed all around the property and tobogganed down the hill...shoes and toboggan both provided....such fun ! George even dug up some mountain man walking canes for our adventure.
THEY HAVE THOUGHT OF EVERYTHING...and if they haven't, I have no doubt they could make it happen. Thank you so much George, Linda, and Tony for the trip of a lifetime. K and J

Room Tip: We had a corner room West Branch....there is another, Fiddlehead...highly recommend. I realize this is not the section to describe the ease of our trip, but I wanted to share quickly for future travelers the convenience of our trip as to the location of Stonehill. We rented a car from Thrifty (Burlington Airport) great price, great service. We were picked up within 10 min of our call from the central phone in the airport....7 min ride to their office...15 min signed up and in our car. Right turn out of the parking lot put us on 2W....3ish miles we were on 89-S to Montpelier....Exit 10 to Stowe/Waterbury (100 N)....go about 11 miles to the 3-way stop in Stowe...at 3-way (flashing light) turn left on 108 (aka as Mountain Rd)....2 ish miles down... you will see an L shaped strip on your rt....Wendy's Closet closest to the road....Stowe Beverage in the small of the L....bought our wine, brandy for Sleigh Ride, Bourban.....headed rt down 108 (Mountain Rd) just passed Well Heeled (shoe store)... the sign for Stonehill on the rt corner (lit)...turn right on 89 Houston Farm and left into the drive...you are home. Had a beautiful dinner at Solstice (Stowe Mountain Resort)...to get there turn rt out of the drive from Stonehill... rt on 108... 10- ish MIN....also, Sleigh ride 10- ish MIN to the rt down 108 (Mountain Rd)....Shopping was less than 10 MIN to the LEFT down 108...have a great time !
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

What a wonderful place to spend an anniversary. This bed and breakfast has it all. It is beautiful, warm, inviting, and has everything that one would desire from a bed and breakfast. George and Linda were wonderful hosts who could not do enough to make us feel at home. I was pleasantly surprised with the amenities at the Inn. They even have a pillow closet in case you don't like your pillow. They have thought of everything. It is very close to town and many excellent restaurants. We hope we will be able to go back soon! Jim and Janice

Room Tip: Corner suites are a little larger and quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in October. My husband and I found it to be very comfortable and George & Linda were fantastic. Breakfast was wonderful each morning with several choices. Our room had a two-sided fireplace, quality linens, a deep jacuzzi tub, and everything we needed (loved the big comfy robes!). We missed the peak fall colors but had a great stay regardless. I would recommend dinner at Harrison's and Michael's, both were excellent. George was very helpful with area information and a pleasure to chat with. We will come back.

Room Tip: Read reviews!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple