“Green Mountain Inn is Simply Sensational”
Review of Green Mountain Inn

Green Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Last night I stayed at the Green Mountain Inn for the second time this year and I was again very pleased with Green Mountain Inn's welcoming decor, exceptionally nice staff, beautiful rooms and a great restaurant- The Whip. I have stayed at many hotels in Stowe before, but Green Mountain Inn is honestly the best hotel in Stowe. I would recommend staying in the Green Mountain Inn to everyone who wants to stay at a great Inn in the great ski resort town of Stowe.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed February 14, 2011

This is the fourth time we have stayed at the Green Mountain Inn in the last two years. We had a Deluxe Room which we would definitely recommend. The rooms are larger, have a gas fireplace, jacuzzi tub and are cozy and very comfortable. Our room was in a quiet location and had a view of the outdoor heated pool. My husband used the workout room which was well equipped and maintained. The breakfast buffet was delicious and a bargain. The inn is comfortable with a full restaurant and a busy well stocked bar. The inn is in the center of town, within walking distance to many stores and restaurants, and has an authentic New England feel. We took advantage of their Stay & Ski package. A very good deal.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Green Mountain Inn (GMI). It has the feel of a large converted farm house (very large) . It feels comfortable. It doesnt leave out luxury, there is a heated 85F outdoor pool (winter swimming anyone?) and some decent fitmess facilities. The basic rooms are comfortable but not luxurious. Its a very nice place to stay while in Stowe. If I were to say what might set it apart is the very professional and helpful staff, its location (right on main street) and its comfortable relaxed elagence you feel while staying there. If I were to knit pick, the rooms bedside table had what looked like a water/coffee stain from the last room occupant. Im sure it would wipe up with some detergent. Also the hotels wireless signal was very close to useless during my stay. This may just be temporary, but none of the locations I was in during my stay had servicable wireless signal (I was on business so it mattered). You should have no hesitation on staying here if the location and price suits you.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Went up for skiing with another couple while the wives shopped we skied. I am not the critical one and I skied most of the time (Stowe Mt excellent skiing!) but my wife had nothing but great things to say about the hotel and the town of Stowe.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We stayed in the old part of the hotel. It was extremely well maintained. There are plenty of places to find solitude and read or play games. The staff was courteous and attentive. We enjoyed the nice touches of afternoon tea with homemade cookies and Thursday evening wine and cheese.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2011

I stayed mid-December with my elderly mother. We arrived in snow. reception immediately sent someone down to the car to help my mum in and with our bags.
We stayed in the lowest grade of room "Country Room Twins", the lowest grade of accommodation and it was still excellent.
The hotel is beautiful, it was perfect for us as I went skiing (which was would have been excellent if the weather had been better, but was still very good for so early in the eason) and my mum was able to walk out the dor an explore the town without the perils of walkinh across icy roads, etc.
Atmosphere: I was expecting it to be a bit stuffy, but it was informal but excellent with the feeling that everybody was genuinely nice - the reception, the bar and restaurant and breakfast. My mum was intending to come up to the mountain with me for a look, and then take the shuttle bus down - reception strongly advised against it as the mountain was having a reak cold snap (it was 0f up there), a very caring touch.
great prices if you avoid holidays and the weekends (under $100 per night for two with breakfast).
PS: as is typical of much of Vermont, the food was first rate.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Like other reviewers I was expecting a lot from the reviews here. We booked the day before we got there and got the "sterling" apartment/condo. They call it room 503 but no room number anywhere. We were right behind the General Store. At $340 per night I was hoping to be closer to the slopes but our choices were limited. We got there late on Friday and the staff was very friendly and check-in was a breeze. It was different than we expected but in a good way. We were closer to the hotel that we originally thought. My kids stayed downstairs and I was up in the loft bedroom. Very nice jacuzzi and enclosed shower, washer dryer combo in the closet. Two gas fireplaces. It was nice to see flat TV's with DVD players, remotes that worked. Kitchen had everything you could need. My bed was so comfy I didn't want to get up and either did the kids and we didn't get to the slopes until noon. Took snowboard lessons at Stowe. Great instructor and very impressed with the resort. Back to our room in town. Maid service did a good job which was nice because when we got the bill there was a $17.50 Gratuity per day for them that we were never informed about.
There was a town shuttle but after seeing what a short drive it actually was and how slow the shuttle went and all the stops it had to make we never did try it. We had our own private parking in front of our door as well. Everything we needed was obtained at the General Store or the gas station across the street. We went for a nice walk, ice sculptures everywhere. Too perfect. Game room was a little dated and few stools would have been nice when playing pool. Every game room that has a change machine is out of order, including this one. Having lots of board games in our room was a nice touch.
The General Store people recommended a restaurant up the road for steak but I didn't want to drive anymore so off to the Whip at the hotel. Chris was our server and tried very hard and only made a couple mistakes which is very good in my experience. We sat next to the kitchen where you can see the chef's prepare your meal through frosted glass. They were impressive to watch as the two had about 20 tickets in front of them. Better than any Hibachi show I have seen. The meal was really good and the bartender new his stuff. I had the best chicken I ever had. I tried my son's sirloin and it tasted like strip to me, very nice. There was a kid next to us that changed his meal like 3 times and Chris never flinched and was always upbeat and attentive. For dessert get the Sac de Bon Bon. It was after 10pm and the pool, sauna, etc. was closed. We took a look at it anyway and it felt like we were alone. No one bothered us as we explored. We promised to come back the next night. We did and had a blast. Swimming outdoors in below freezing weather. Met some people at the pool. Rolled in snow banks then back in the pool steaming. What a riot.
Next morning woke up refreshed. Skied morning and went on snowmobile tour afternoon before we left. Best day yet. On the way home we stopped at the Cabot store for some cheese and Ben & Jerry's for ice cream. Now that's a full day.
We had a great time and I would like to come back with the whole family and stay longer. It wasn't the type of condo you get to have coffee on the deck at an amazing view but a great place to rest between activities like we did. Slope slide lodging runs $500 per night and up, not to mention some of those places had bad reviews. I liked Stowe better than Killington/Pico but that's just our amateur opinion. Stowe Snowmobile Tours is a must do that gave me the "greatest Dad ever" status for days. There were probably lots of services at the hotel that we didn't take advantage of but we had things to do. It's not a super fancy place but it works.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family