Tripadvisor
Stowe
2,118 results
All reviews mansfield house whip restaurant luxury suite main street four poster bed fire pit new england jacuzzi tub cookies modern amenities hotel restaurant downtown stowe beautiful room large bathroom short drive mountain road the main dining room
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Such a beautiful hotel with great staff. We enjoyed the outdoor jacuzzi and heated pool, afternoon tea with sweets, and amazing Whip restaurant. Walking distance to shops and eateries. Will return on my next trip to Stowe.

Date of stay: January 2020
HotelMgmt1, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2020

I greatly appreciate your thoughtful comments about Green Mountain Inn and our staff! I'm very happy to hear that you had a chance to check out our amenities and that you also enjoyed exploring the town of Stowe. The staff and I would like to thank you for choosing to visit with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed January 6, 2020

We stayed at the Green Mountain Inn for 5 nights over the Christmas/New Years Holiday. We were a family of 5 - 2 parents and 3 adult children. All skiers. This was our second visit.

The hotel is very well located in the middle of Stowe Village. Walk to restaurants and shops and to the town public hiking path. A 15 minute drive to the Stowe ski area.
Rooms are cozy and clean. Decor is dated from the 80s. Overall - the hotel decor is dated and could use a facelift. But it's good value relative to other hotels in the area.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
The Whip Bar and restaurant (onsite) is good.
The gym and pool area is clean and well equipped. Towels are provided and a soak in the outdoor heated pool after skiing is most welcome.
The big negative for the Green Mountain Inn is the lack of public "hang out" spaces. There is no cozy lounge to sit and relax by a fire with friends/family, a cocktail in hand after a day of skiing. There are about a dozen bar stools at the Whip Bar but it is open to the public and often crowded. There is a large breakfast room which feels ore like an 18th century cafeteria. Lots of tables and chairs and a gas fireplace but no sofas or lunge chairs. Would be an excellent venue for a bridge tournament - but not an apres ski hangout where you can relax and share the day's stories with fellow guests. This is the big miss for the Green Mountain Inn and is what other lodging options in the area do have. Other than that - a nice spot.

Date of stay: December 2019
HotelMgmt1, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Thank you for coming back to visit with us! I appreciate your kind words regarding your rooms and how our staff made you feel welcome during your stay. It was very nice of you to provide us with feedback regarding our lack of cozy hang out places and I am sorry that we were not able to provide that as part of your experience. I hope that you and your family had a great time skiing together and enjoying the town of Stowe. Hopefully, we will be seeing you back with us again for a future stay!

Reviewed January 3, 2020

I have been coming here for years and just ❤️ The Inn. The staff are very friendly, accommodating and professional! I will be returning several times to come. The Whip restaurant has a few excellent bartenders the drinks are great and food is excellent!

Trip type: Traveled with family
HotelMgmt1, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

I absolutely adore hearing from our repeat guests! Thank you very much for all of your compliments about our staff and how they made you feel very welcome and cared for during your time at the Inn. I am happy to hear that you will be joining us again, and we look forward to your future return!

Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

The inn looked great for the holidays. It was nice to have that traditional New England Christmas setting in the nicely decorated town. Check in was easy and friendly with Paul. You can get assistance with your luggage and may need to depending on where your room is and how much you have. We had a luxury room in the Mill House. The jacuzzi is a predominate feature in the room. The toilet and shower are behind a pocket door. This may not be ideal if you need more room. We had some sound issues coming from the neighbors shower that sounded like the water was running in our room. The room was spacious and had a comfortable bed and a nice flick of the switch fire place. Housekeeping was efficient and in and out without a trace. There is a Keurig in the room if coffee is needed. For a luxury room I would have liked glassware vs. plastic cups for water. This is a minor nit but I was struggling with what made the room luxury. This is an in town location right. There was some traffic noise but not overly intrusive. The loud car in the parking lot playing music for 15 minutes at 10:00pm was the worst of it. However, one morning around 7:30am a dump truck idled, backup beepers filled the air and men chatted. A CAT machine was digging and scraping at the corner of the Mill house. This was our one sleep in day so it was a bummer. The parking lot got blocked by the machine and had to move when a car needed to leave the busy lot. The workers were courteous about it. It’s not the inns fault that construction needed to be done on/near the property but it was part of the experience as it was an unexpected noisy day. The Mill house is separate from the main inn so in winter you will wear your coat for a very short minute walk to get to a door leading inside the inn. You may never need to go to the main inn but the breakfast in the Main dining room is super convenient when you just want to get on with your day. We ate there multiple times. The offerings are abundant, fresh and delicious. Staff is friendly and attentive. The holiday music added to the ambience. It was a great place to start each day. The restaurant to have dinner on site is the Whip. We never went as we did not have a reservation. It was needed as their website says. Restaurants for dinner are few in the village so planning ahead is needed if you want a place within walking distance. A short car ride will get you more options. The entire inn was really clean. Considering all the slush, salt and sand that was coming into the inn, this was quite the task. If I come back I think I would like to try the main inn for the extra charm.

Date of stay: December 2019
HotelMgmt1, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2019

Thank you so much for your very detailed and thoughtful review of our Inn! I appreciate all of the very nice comments regarding our holiday decor and your accommodations. It is unfortunate that construction is being done while you were with us and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that it caused you. I appreciate your special mention of our staff and how they made you feel welcome. It would be our pleasure to be able to welcome you back for a future stay!

Reviewed December 28, 2019

Stayed in a suite in the Mansfield House. Comfortable bed...many amenities (microwave, fridge, fireplace). Separate twin bed room for extra guest. Staff friendly and efficient. Location is fabulous ...in the middle of the village within walking distance of shops, restaurants, bike path. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: December 2019

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that the suite was a perfect fit. Thank you for your special mention of our staff and the service that they provided. I'm glad that you had a fun experience exploring the town of Stowe. All of us here at Green Mountain Inn would like to thank you for your recommendation and it is our hope that you will come back and see us again!