“Superior hostelry in a great outdoor sports area”
Review of Green Mountain Inn

Green Mountain Inn
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Family and I stayed here during July 4 holiday week, so I can only write for summer season. We had a great experience--from the large corner room in the "depot annex", to hospitality and housekeeping, to amenities. Kids loved the pool and in-room Jacuzzi, my wife luxuriated with a spa massage, while I liked the well-equipped fitness center and steam room. Didn't get to dine at the Inn's restaurant, the "Whip", but it must be good as it was full every night. An extremely well-maintained historic up-scale property with a much welcomed unpretentiousness, and a very helpful and cordial staff. Couldn't ask for any better.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed June 28, 2010

My husband and I were were married a few weeks ago and had our reception at the Green Mountain Inn. We had a large group of people that flew in from all over the country and the staff assisted each and every one of them in one way or another. They went so above and beyond for us we're still in awe. The wedding/event planner never missed a step, the front desk staff was spectaculor and the accomidations were perfect. So many of our guests had never been to Vermont, but I guarantee all will return after this experience. The rooms were beautiful and very comfortable...and extremely clean. The food is amazing, the people are kind and the experience should not be missed by anyone looking for a great place to stay! We also highly recommend having a reception or any type of event there, you and your party will be treated very well!

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed June 21, 2010

What a perfect place for a romantic getaway! True, it is a bit pricey, but my guy and I were celebrating our anniversary, so we decided to splurge by staying here. From the moment we arrived at the front desk, I knew we were going to have a good experience; the concierge was so genuinely friendly and gregarious, I felt as if we were old friends within minutes. There were Stowe mugs for sale at the front desk; I asked the concierge how much the mugs were, and he winkingly said, "We'll talk about that on Sunday when you check out." I figured there would be some sort of discount on mugs after staying at the place . . .

Sometimes, when you stay at an expensive place, it's just . . . expensive. At the Green Mountain Inn, it is true that you pay top dollar, but you definitely get what you pay for; the amenities are absolutely prime. Our room had a fireplace, a king-sized canopy bed, a whirlpool in the bathroom, and more space than we knew what to do with! As guests, we had access to an impressive workout facility, in addition to the swimming pool and jacuzzi. The place is an honest-to-goodness resort, not just a jacked-up hotel. My guy and I resolved to come back for a longer period of time than a three-day weekend, so that we could take fuller advantage of all the amenities there.

I should also mention the excellent bar at the Whip, the restaurant on the premises. We didn't get any food there, but the drink selection was impressive, and the bartender was terrific! They must have a pretty tight policy on customer service; every experience we had with staff members was positive.

Anyway, getting back to that mug . . . on Sunday, as we were checking out, I once again inquired about the mug . . . and the concierge told me it was free! I was definitely not expecting that; it was the proverbial icing on the cake after a fantastic weekend. If you've got the money to spend, the Green Mountain Inn is worth every penny of it!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ComposerAri
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Couldn't have been more thrilled! First visit to Stowe and we will be back to the Green Mountain Inn for sure! Upgraded at check-in to a room with a jacuzzi tub and it was well worth it! The location and amenities are awesome. Enjoyed a wonderful meal at their restaurant, The Whip. I highly recommend!

Reviewed June 9, 2010

My third stay at the Green Mountain Inn & this time we had a luxury room - well worth the extra!
The staff are always really nice but not intrusive and do their best to help with any problems. The outdoor pool is a great way to relax after a day skiing and is quite surreal with all the snow on the ground. You can walk through the small village of Stowe without needing to drive anywhere.
The hotel is a mixture of old & new rooms & annexes so if you want a specific type of room you must ask before arriving. The rooms at the front do suffer from traffic noise - not that Stowe is busy!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We've stayed in Stowe numerous times and this was our first visit to The Green Mountain Inn. The rooms were surprisingly spacious and quiet, the only downfall is they were extremely bright in the morning.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful when needed. My boyfriend had a massage and said it was the best one yet.

And, by all means if you stay you have to eat at The Whip, the restaurant connected to the Inn, the food is great and if the weather is nice having lunch out on the patio is fabulous.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2010

This is our third stay at The Green Mountain Inn and as usual, it was delightful.. The staff through out the inn is amazing . . . warm, friendly, always helpful. The inn is perfectly located in the heart of Stowe village, within walking distance to the many wonderful little shops along Main Street. We always end our day with dinner at The Whip & Grill . . . fantastic meals!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple