My husband and I celebrated our first year anniversary at the Green Mountain Inn for a long weekend. We got a standard room which turned out to be a super tiny room (301) next to the pool closet that held the pool vaccum. There was a constant loud humming sound which was bearable but not really what we were expecting. The bed was suppose to be a queen but turned out to be a full instead. The room was "dark" even with the two light sources turned on. Overall, the room served its purpose but I wouldn't recommend staying in this room if you are looking for more high end and "comfort". Tea time at 4:00 is worth planning for at the end of your day. The cookies were delicous and the hot cider was so tasty. We sat next to the roaring fireplace one evening which was a nice touch at the end of the rainy day.
The inn has a SUPER pool, jacuzzi, sauna, and gym. I used all of them every day that we were there. The weather was rainy and cold so the heat was just the right touch each morning. I truly enjoyed the outdoor pool and swimming while the steam was rolling off the top at night. The location of the inn is great for both walking and driving in Stowe. We at lunch at Harrison's (worth going) and Rusty Nail (nasty!) and dinner at Whip (decent) and Pie-casso (strongly recommend). For breakfast we picked up the food at the market shop next door. Their coffee is wonderful!
The shopping variety in Stowe isn't something to look forward to unless you are strictly looking for pots, pans, food, seasoning, and usual tourist stuff. We did end up buying some regional wine and of course, Cabot cheese. I was disappointed with their clothing and small speciality stores.
We drove to Burlington one day but that was also the day the rain was blowing sideways. We stayed as long as we could at Church Street which was great but really couldn't enjoy because we were soaked within 1 hour. The shopping there is much better.
We enjoyed our weekend and if we weren't such hard core beach people we would plan to stay here again but realize that we can't be away from the ocean for a long period of time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully restored historic inn blending classic country charm and modern amenities in the heart of Stowe village. Offering over 100 quaint rooms, suites, townhouses and apartments, many with fireplaces and Jacuzzis. Enjoy sumptuous cuisine in two dining rooms - including the famous Whip Bar & Grill with outdoor terrace. Heated outdoor pool, afternoon tea & cookies, health club with Jacuzzi, sauna and massage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Green Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Mountain Hotel Stowe
- Green Mountain Resort
- Green Mountain Stowe
- Green Mountain Inn Stowe, Vermont