“First Class Hotel”
Review of Green Mountain Inn

Green Mountain Inn
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed at the Green Mountain Inn in Stowe, Vt. for the first time earlier this month. Everything was beyond our expectations. Clean comfortable room, nice warm outdoor pool, the best customer service and food were all first class. Loved sitting on the front porch and watching the people walking their dogs. Although the town is small, it's cozy and we were able to walk Main street several times. We ate breakfast at the hotel and diner at another establishment. Everyone was kind and attentive. No pretentiousness anywhere. Hope we can go back up there for a few days next time. It's very relaxing.

2  Thank justdodoit
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Relaxation is easily attainable around the Green Mountain Inn and I’m so glad that you were able to enjoy yourselves while here. From our spacious and comfortable accommodations to the quiet and cozy front porch, our Inn is the perfect place to unwind and enjoy the best of Stowe. I hope you can come back and visit us again too and I thank you for sharing your story with us.

Patti Clark

Write a ReviewReviews (1,881)

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Ask for the bed and breakfast plan and upgrade the room to one of the large suites. the room we had was the liftliner. two bedroom about 1800 sq feet in size. WE stayed for four days the service in the breakfast area and the food quality was excellent. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.The Whip Restaurant inside the the Green Mountain Inn is also a must stop for dinning out at night. We are talking about next year staying for a week we loved it so much. The green Mountain Inn and the town of Stowe is one of a kind, You can not miss this great hotel or this great town.

Room Tip: Call into the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank donn m

Your wonderful comments have certainly made me smile and I thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay at the Green Mountain Inn. I appreciate the kind comments you’ve shared for our staff and I will be sure to share them with everyone. We’re already looking forward to next year when you can visit us again. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

My wife and myself along with our good friends stayed for 2 nights on June 1 and 2. We have been there several times over the years and they never disappoint. This time was the best. The staff was friendly knowledgeable and always helpful. Room and special rate was great and the Whip restaurant is our favorite in all of Stowe. We were also very lucky as it was sunny and in the low 80's and we spent hours at and in the heated pool. You cant go wrong at The Green Mountain Inn. Dan D

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

What a great way to spend your time in Stowe; relaxing around our outdoor, heated pool in the comfortable late spring weather. I’m so happy that you, your wife and your friends enjoyed your time spent at the Green Mountain Inn and I thank you for taking the time to share just what made your stay special. It would be our pleasure to have you return and I hope it’s soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our travel agent booked us into this Inn as part of a tour on New England. Good parking is available down the side of the Inn, which is located on the main street in Stowe. The reception staff were very friendly and efficient. The room allocated to us was quite small and there was a lack of storage. If we had been staying for more than one night we would have asked to be moved. However, it was very clean and well decorated. The bed was one of the highest we have ever encountered and the hotel should supply steps to help you into it.

Due to the few restaurant options in Stowe we decided to eat at the Inn. I have to say that the meal we had was one the best since our arrival in the US.

We thought Stowe was a little disappointing. Perhaps we had built it up based on others comments and it did not reach our high expectations.

After leaving the Inn we did experience a problem with the management taking money off our pre-authorised credit card, when we had paid our bill in full by cash. After a few phone calls between our credit card company, ourselves and the Inn, they acknowledged their mistake and the money was credited back to our card. Perhaps a thing to watch our for in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Morrie

While I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed your meal at the Whip Bar & Grill, I am disappointed that you did not enjoy the Stowe area and the Green Mountain Inn more while you were here. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our staff for any needs, including a step-stool to help with the height of our four-poster beds. Exploring the over 45 restaurants in Stowe can be exciting and our staff would be pleased to help recommend their favorites. I’m happy to hear that everything was worked out with your bill and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to fully impress you in the future. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is my second stay at the Green Mountain Inn. It was every bit as good as the first time. Extremely clean and spacious accomodations, curteous staff and a fantastic location - centrally located right in town.
The dining room was fully equipped offering both an a la carte menu and a full buffet. There was no issue ordering something that wasn't on the menu.
The luxuriousness of the room definitely made me feel pampered -a well deserved rest.
This is a great place to stay. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

I am so happy that your stays at the Green Mountain Inn have been enjoyable. We strive to provide the most comfortable and relaxing atmosphere for our guests and it seems we met that goal with your visit. It would be my pleasure to have you return to our Inn and I thank you for your kind recommendation.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

If you like old and charming this is a very nice inn. However, be advised that while some of the rooms are very nice, some are very tiny and very loud and actually should not be guest rooms. The first night we were there the noise in our tiny room was most disturbing. The room was almost shaking. After inquiring, we were told that the restaurant's kitchen exhaust was right below our room and would not go off until late at night since it had to cool when the kitchen closed and then would automatically shut off. Loving cool, clean, Vermont air we were looking forward to sleeping with open windows. Unfortunately the window opened unto the roof of the kitchen and our view was of the satellite dishes and the sound was from a generator. So much for cool mountain air and views of Vermont. We were switched to a much nicer and quieter room for the second night's stay. Paul, one of the managers, was very gracious and deducted $75 from our bill upon checkout. New England charm is evident at this inn. However, if you like a good night's sleep, do not stay in room 236 or anywhere near it.

Room Tip: Nowhere near room 236. Also, if there are any mobility limitations, inquire as to room's locati...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bruna P
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

I am so disappointed to read that the first night your recent stay with us was not what you expected. When our guests arrive at the Green Mountain Inn, our hope is that they can relax and enjoy the beauty and serenity that our splendid location provides and it seems we missed providing you with that. Please accept my sincerest apologies however I am happy to learn that we were able to improve upon your experience with a more enjoyable room. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay. I always book the luxury suite with in-room Jacuzzi and gas fireplace. I wait until there is a promo going and get a fabulous price. These rooms have always been spotless and these beds are so comfortable. This last time I stayed, I accidentally booked the wrong room, a deluxe room but not luxury. When we arrived, I realized this and called to reservations. They immediately upgraded me at no extra charge. And, I admit it, this was my error, not theirs. Wonderful people here. Always a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

I love hearing from our return guests, especially when they write to tell me how wonderful they were treated by our staff. It is always our goal to create the most enjoyable experience for our guests and hearing that the staff at the Green Mountain Inn made your recent stay even better makes me smile! We all look forward to your next stay at the Green Mountain Inn and I appreciate your kind comments.