We spent three days here last summer. The setting is lovely, right in downtown Stowe. The property is rambling. Our room was New England cozy. It was a little small but very comfortable and relaxing.
The pool redevelopment area was just being finished when we were there. It's a beautiful facility.
Our only major issue was dining one night in the restaurant. We had terrible service from an ill-trained server, a rude hostess and a non-responsive manager. After raising the issue with the hotel management, they listened to us and promised to make changes. They made the situation right for us. However, anyone dining in the restaurant would be wise to hold them to a high standard. A first class hotel deserves a first class restaurant.
While resolving the restaurant issue took some time and effort on vacation, we are glad we stayed at the Green Mountain Inn. We look forward to returning one day soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully restored historic inn blending classic country charm and modern amenities in the heart of Stowe village. Offering over 100 quaint rooms, suites, townhouses and apartments, many with fireplaces and Jacuzzis. Enjoy sumptuous cuisine in two dining rooms - including the famous Whip Bar & Grill with outdoor terrace. Heated outdoor pool, afternoon tea & cookies, health club with Jacuzzi, sauna and massage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Green Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Mountain Hotel Stowe
- Green Mountain Resort
- Green Mountain Stowe
- Green Mountain Inn Stowe, Vermont