“Wish it was better.”
Review of Green Mountain Inn

Green Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I gave it a bad rating because of the room, and the fact we didn't sleep all night. The bed was very not very comfortable. The room we had was small, which was ok. It was located on the second floor facing the road. That was the problem, transport trucks were heard as early as 5:30am. We did not get a wink of sleep. (Being giving the option, or being told about the noise would have been nice.

The service on the other hand was wonderful. Everyone was very friendly. We did complain as our room had NO heat, but it was fixed very quickly and had a warm toasty room to go back too. All in all we would go back again but would request a room in the back, not in the front part of hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

While I’m happy to hear that the service you received from our staff was impressive, I am truly disappointed to read that you did not enjoy a restful night’s sleep. I do apologize for any noise disturbances you encountered and for any future stays, we will do our best to place you in a room that better fits your needs in order for you to experience the best of the Green Mountain Inn. Thank you for sharing your story and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Patti Clark

Write a ReviewReviews (1,892)

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We just returned from a two nights stay at Green Mountain Inn. We were two couples and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this beautiful Inn. The staff were all personable, extremely helpful and knowledgeable and took their time to answer our many questions. The restaurant was also pretty good. We all enjoyed our meals. I strongly recommend this place to all.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind recommendation of the Green Mountain Inn. I am so pleased to hear that your group enjoyed a memorable stay at our Inn and were fully satisfied with the service you received from our staff. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back for another great stay and I thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

For the Labour Day long weekend, my wife, 7 month old daughter and I travelled to Stowe, VT and stayed at the Green Mountain Inn. For just over $200 a night we got a huge apartment with our own private parking spot. The apartment included a full kitchen, 2 queen size beds, a soaker tub with jets and a shower. There were also two large screen TV’s and a foosball table. The location was perfect - right in the centre of town, close to stores and wonderful dinning. The staff was friendly. On the down side - The TV’s were old (boxy projection types), I would have preferred a pinball machine in room rather than a foosball table and the narrow 8-10 seat dining table was a bit odd. As with many hotels, the taxes and service fees did add to the cost, but still a great price. Sites within a short distance worth visiting were Ben and Jerry’s factory tour ($4 each) and the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory Tour ($4 each).

Room Tip: Ask for AAA/CAA rates when you call.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank crookersnooker

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent experience at the Green Mountain Inn. It sounds like your family was able to take advantage of the many outstanding amenities and comforts of home we offer within our apartments and I thank you for mentioning them. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and I thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Will definitely stay there again when we return to Stowe. Enjoyed the spa, pool, in room jacuzzi and the tavern. Bed and breakfast package good value, great breakfast. Liked that many shops and restaurants are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Loved the luxury room!
1  Thank labab
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Knowing that your recent experience at the Green Mountain Inn has inspired you to return makes me very happy! I am thrilled that you were able to relax and enjoy the wonderful amenities that we offer like our newly renovated pool area and luxurious in-room Jacuzzis. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back in the near future and I thank you for your great review.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We are on a 3.5 month trip fm the UK including 5 weeks in the USA. 2 weeks New England. We have now had 4 weeks of hotels, and this is THE stand out hotel so far. We go away a lot anyway and this is a stand out hotel full stop. We stayed here for 2 nights 17/18 Aug. Firstly the greeting from the main man at reception called Kirkland, was exceptional. He was so welcoming, so enthusiastic and also informative. Secondly the atmosphere. We cant between us explain why this hotel is so special... it just has that very special feel to it. It's furnished beautifully and individually; this is rare these days. The staff are all very friendly. There is a 5 star Spa, with 2 fabulous hot tubs, outdoor pool, gym, saunas etc. The breakfast was FANTASTIC. The best blueberry scones I have ever come across! And lovely home baked cookies and tea/coffee/fresh lemonade in the afternoon. The location beats them all. And the rooms... such a comfortable 4 poster bed and luxuriously appointed. Thank you all for an amaziing stay. We just wish it had been longer that 2 nights.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

What an absolutely wonderful excursion you must be having! I am so excited that you were able to visit the Stowe area during your trip and have a chance to stay with us here at the Green Mountain Inn. I can vouch for the fact that our Inn evokes a very special feeling in just about everyone who stays here. Maybe it’s the storied past that echoes throughout the halls or the timeless Vermont feel that comes from every corner, but whatever it is, I’m thrilled that it made your stay so memorable. Thank you for your kind compliments for our staff, cuisine and accommodations. It would be my pleasure to have the opportunity to greet you again in the future and I thank you for your gracious review.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a very nice stay at the Green Mountain Inn. We arrived late Friday night for the weekend and our first impression of the Inn was pretty, quaint and cozy. We were greeted by the friendly staff who checked us in very quickly. We collected our bags and made our way to our room. We booked a deluxe room which included a fireplace and private Jacuzzi. When we got to our room we were disappointed with the location-our window overlooked a roof which held motors and fans (ventilation). There was also a musty smell that was unpleasant. However, the room itself, though the décor is dated, is very clean and spacious, had everything that was advertised. The bed was super comfortable. We did not let the negative points ruin our stay because everything else was fantastic. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful; they even made dinner reservations for us at a restaurant to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. We enjoyed our breakfasts at the Inn, there was much to choose from and it was all really good. We spent some time by the pool which we enjoyed very much. It has recently been renovated and there are nice comfy lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas. The water of the pool was a little too cold for our liking but there is also a Jacuzzi which was nice as well. There was food and drink service at the pool which was nice. My husband did use the gym and was impressed, it had all he needed. We did enjoy our stay and would definitely go back, just hope for a better room the next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Green Mountain Inn. I am pleased that you chose to celebrate such an important time in your lives with us and am happy that our staff helped to create a truly memorable weekend for you both. Please don’t hesitate to let us know during any future stays if there is anything we can do to make your stay even better. I do apologize that the view from your room was not what you expected. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back very soon and I thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Manchester House - lovely huge rooms with fireplace and jacuzzi tub. Enjoyed a massage while we were there. The Inn was conveniently located close to the heart of the town with many restaurants, shops, cafes and a movie theatre all within walking distance. Friendly helpful staff. Outdoor pool and hot tub, games room. We were more than happy with everything - we will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013

It’s always great to hear when our guests a fully impressed with their stay at the Green Mountain Inn. Our convenient location makes it so easy for our guests to make the most out of their stays and I’m thrilled you had the opportunity to enjoy so many of the fun and exciting locations around Stowe. Thank you for your kind compliments for our staff and I look forward to seeing you again soon.