“Great Breakfast”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Suffield, Connecticut
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This review is strictly for the breakfast we had in the Main dining room. We were going to have brunch at the Whip but got there a little to early so we headed upstairs to the Main dining room and the breakfast was wonderful. For $12.95 you get coffee, oj, and a buffet of assorted pastries, muffins, cereals, yogurts, fruit, bagels, breads, bacon, sausage, home fries, scrambled eggs and you can order from the kitchen eggs cooked other ways, pancakes, French toast, I know I'm missing some things but trust me it was great. We have always loved the Whip and now we will be returning for breakfast upstairs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
How wonderful that you had the opportunity to enjoy the hearty breakfast served by the Main Street Dining Room. The culinary staff at the Green Mountain Inn works very hard to ensure every meal, including the breakfast buffet, is thoughtfully prepared and provides our guests with just what they need. Thank you for sharing your enjoyment of both of our restaurants and I look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Patti Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
Denver, CO
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed in a luxury suite in the Mansfield Building. The pictures don't do the rooms justice as it was gorgeous, clean, very roomy. The staff was friendly, the building quiet, the pool just beautiful... my son loved the kiddie wading pool but that didn't seem heated so we ended up spending more time in the larger pool. We really enjoyed our stay and when we come back to Stowe, we will most likely choose to stay here. I say almost perfect because the couch (sleeper sofa really but we didn't use as such) was quite uncomfortable to lounge on. After a long day of activity, it would have been nice to relax in comfort but we both though the couch to be very uncomfortable. Maybe that is just due to it being a sleeper sofa... again, minor flaw and wouldn't stop us from choosing her. We wouldn't recommend the Whip for dining, at least not for dinner. We went for lunch one day and it was fine, the staff seemed to be the same staff from breakfast and were very friendly. We went for dinner another evening and the staff just seemed bothered, inattentive, waitress was never to be found and the food was just average (yet pricey). We found much better options off resort but really wanted to like that restaurant simply for the convenience. Anyway, fantastic experience overall and we will be back. They should update their photos, I almost didn't book based off the pics (looked a little run down and such) and only did so as I read these reviews and many people said the same, that the pics didn't do the rooms justice.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mansfield Building, luxury suite. I was worried as we were right next to the stair...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
It’s funny that you should mention new photos of the renovations that have been going on around the Green Mountain Inn, as we are currently working on sharing a wonderful group of photos with everyone in the next few weeks. I’m so glad you chose to stay with us and were fully impressed with your accommodations. Yes, you are correct – sleeper sofas are not always the most comfortable couches to relax on and I do apologize. I will however, have our housekeeping staff check to see if there is something that can be done to rectify the problem within your suite. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences you encountered during your meal and I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. It would be my pleasure to welcome your family back for another great stay very soon and I thank you for your review.

Rockland, Maine
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Some rooms are quite quaint but the beds are "to die for" no matter what room you have. Rooms are super quiet with nice amenities spending on room level. Breakfast room and food and service make for a great way to start your day. Front desk service is super. Cleanliness well maintained throughout. Lovely to stay in the heart of Stowe Village and stroll the ever expanding offerings of shopping and cages. We go there often in August but have also been guests at Thanksgiving. Superb always. All you could want from an Inn and more.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
It’s always wonderful to hear from our guests and learn that the convenient location and comfortable accommodations of the Green Mountain Inn created a memorable stay for them. I certainly appreciate your kind words for our staff and will be sure to pass them along as they will make everyone’s day. I hope a Thanksgiving stay is in your plans as it would be wonderful to see you in November. Thank you for your kind review.

Fort Edward, NY
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I know that I had shared my experiences at The Green Mountain Inn in the past, but I just love the place so much, I need to do it again.

What amazes me the most about The Green Mountain Inn is the price...For all that is there, for the beauty of the rooms, property, restaurants, kindness of staff, quality of furnishings... I just can't believe that the room is so affordable.

Our room was a luxury suite in the Mansfield House. It's such a pretty room. We didn't want/need a thing. The furnishings were just perfect!

Although we did not dine at the Inn, we did have some drinks at the bar. The bartenders were wickedly busy, but friendly and efficient just the same.

The pool area is gorgeous. The made some beautiful updates. Wow! Although I did not swim, I heard the new tiling around the pool is quite slippery. There is a snack shack there. I didn't check it out, but it seemed like a great idea.

I loved having cocktails, and morning coffee on the front porch. I think that's my favorite part of the stay. (Well, the greeting by the front desk staff is pretty cool, too! The always make us feel so welcome).

The Green Mountain Inn has become my most favorite place to stay!!! Thank you!!!

Room Tip: The luxury suites in The Mansfield House are huge and lovely!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sitting and enjoying a beautiful new day on the welcoming porch of the Green Mountain Inn is great way to start the day and I’m so glad it has become a favorite part of your visits with us! Thank you for taking the time to mention so many of the things that make our Inn your favorite place to stay and for your kind words for the staff and upgrades. I can’t wait to welcome you back again and I sincerely thank you for such a lovely review.

Arlington, Vermont
Reviewed August 8, 2013

An historic landmark located in the heart of Stowe Village, the Green Mountain Inn brings over150 years of inkeeping history to its guests. The rooms. Whether in the main inn, the Annex or it's out buildings are all beautifully appointed with large and well equipped bathrooms . The decor embraces the Inn's colonial past. The only negative is that check in at 3 PM can be a bit frenzied with many guests having to wait for their rooms to be ready. The central location is ideal for access to restaurants., the Bike Path and the Mountain Road up to Mount Mansfield, Spruce Peak and Smuggler's Notch. Amenities include an excellent exercise area and heated outdoor pool. The staff is helpful although occasionally overwhelmed. You wont be disappointed with your stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your story about your recent stay at the Green Mountain Inn. Creating a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere for our guests is a priority, and I do apologize if check-in seemed a bit harried during a busy time for our staff. Our convenient location makes it easy for our guests to make the most out of their visit to Stowe and I’m thrilled that it added such value to your stay. Please come and stay with us again and I thank you for your review.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We've been coming to the Green Mountain for close to 20 years because it offers all the charm ,of a country inn with first class hotel amenities. Great outdoor activities like biking and hiking in the mountains as well as restaurants and shops right out your front door. We always stay in the Annex which overlooks the pool area and is quieter. The Annex rooms are in need of a makeover but are still charming. Be sure to eat at the hotel restaurant called The Whip. They have both indoor seating as well as a new covered patio area overlooking the pool and gardens.

Room Tip: Select a 300 series room in the Annex . You will enjoy the balcony overlooking the pool.
1 Thank cherylctravels
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I always enjoy hearing from our loyal, return guests and learning that the Green Mountain Inn has been providing them with an exceptional experience year after year. I’m very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our recent upgrades to our patio area at The Whip Bar & Grill as well as our outdoor pool and gardens and look forward to welcoming you back to experience all of our renovations, which will be completed very soon! Your kind comments are sincerely appreciated and I look forward to each of your visits. Thank you for your review.

Savannah, GA
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We came for a wedding in nearby Jeffersonville, and my wife and I spent 3 days in Stowe as our "home base" to see the sights in the area. You couldn't possibly find a better accommodation than the Green Mountain Inn. From the consistently friendly and helpful staff (front desk and restaurant servers), to the superior breakfast buffet (pastries beyond description), the immaculate room (spotless glass shower doors) with heavenly bed, excellent pool/hot tub and gym - just outstanding! We travel frequently, and this Inn truly merits five stars. Looking forward to returning here again.

• Stayed August 2013
It’s always wonderful to hear from our guests and know that their experience at the Green Mountain Inn was exceptional. I hope you enjoyed the wedding you attended and I’m thrilled that you had the opportunity during your stay to explore Stowe. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back in the future and I thank you for your lovely review.