“Great Experience!”
Review of Green Mountain Inn

Green Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a place to get away and relax for a couple of days. What a wonderful experience we found at the Inn. The location is central which makes it easy to get around and you can walk to many of the shops and restaurants. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Matthew met all our needs and arranged all our reservations, which made things easier for us. Our room was fabulous! It was large, very comfortable and CLEAN. The fireplace and the jacuzzi tub was the perfect way to end the day. The staff at the Whip restaurant were very nice and the food was great. They even shared a few recipes with me.... try the New England Corn Chowder. I will definitely return in the near future!

Room Tip: We stayed in a luxury king suite.....Loved the size of the room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

It is certainly uplifting to read such wonderful compliments for not only the Green Mountain Inn, but its staff. I am very pleased that you and your husband were able to relax while here and also take a little time to explore the area. Thank you very much for your fantastic review; I will be sure to share with our staff and I know it will make their day! Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband & I just had a wonderful mid-week get away at Green Mountain Inn. This was our second time staying here & we would recommend it to anyone. The front desk attendant, Tyler, started our night off with being so kind & helpful. We then checked into our deluxe suite, which was beautiful, clean & the perfect size. The bed was extremely comfortable too. We took a dip in the heated outside pool, which was so refreshing & is a great idea after a long day of skiing. The food at The Whip is very good! The breakfast is outstanding from the pastries to the main items...a much needed meal before skiing. We love everything about the Inn!

Room Tip: Deluxe suites are excellent! Not much difference between the deluxe & the luxury suites.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for sharing all the wonderful details of your relaxing and enjoyable stay at the Green Mountain Inn. It sounds like you both were able to make the most of your getaway and I’m thrilled that we could be part of it. Breakfast at The Whip is a great way to start anyone’s day and to finish the day with a dip in our pool; makes for the perfect experience. I look forward to greeting you both very soon and I thank you for your most gracious review.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The deluxe room room 401 canopy bed nice. The Heated outdoor pool is nice. What was missing in the room was the following.
1) DVD player had to ask for it.
2) Extra Blankets fleece. (Had my own blanket bring from home 5 of theme instead as a backup plan.)
3) $100 deposit after paying $300 for two nights. (Really) feel like $90 a night hotel.
4) Had to use spare batteries from home for remote.
The staff did not put my blankets from home on bed into day afterwoods. When I ask in advance if they would make my bed on the phone. They Ignore my request. Grade F on special request.

But the place had plus on service on other areas.
The linens need to improved. (--). The should buy English Hotel blanket that cost $90 a blanket for a queen. But wait they charge $100 deposit but no soft blanket what?

Enjoy the picture but wait I had to bring nicer blanket to the hotel. They are chatham acrylic blankets made in USA. They do not wash the blankets on there beds into 4 seasons. No extra blankets. No option to wash the blanket on the hotel bed either or upgrade the linens. This one reason I do not stay at hotels because of germs. I book room with travelocity they lied about there would be 4 fleece blanket in the room. Looking out for the average customer who gets bad service from hotels.

Room Tip: Bring your own blankets since hotel to cheap to invest in blankets for $149 to $299 a night.Nice poo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. As indicated during our telephone conversation, I do apologize that your requests were not handled to your satisfaction. I would like to clarify some of your statements. Our linens and bedding are fresh for each new guest upon arrival and extra blankets are always available to ensure a comfortable stay. We do try to meet every guest’s particular needs and regret that you felt we did not. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 day stay at the Inn. The food and hospitality were excellent.The room furnishings were very comfortable and the fireplace provided some additional ambiance. It was a little cool getting from the room to the pool but we had a few good laughs about our boots in combination with the robes!
Being able to walk to most village amenities was a nice feature and the short trip to the great skiing was OK.

Room Tip: The Club House rooms are quiet and good access to the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

It is certainly my pleasure to welcome wonderful guests such as yourselves to the Green Mountain Inn, and I thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. The convenient location of our Inn to the many exciting and unique establishments in Stowe is definitely an asset and I’m happy you were able to take advantage of it. Thank you for your lovely review and come back and stay with us soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I know I must be the only person to complain about this hotel. But here is my story. The hotel was nice, the room was nice, the food was nice. Everything was perfect. We were sad to leave on the last day. Then a week later a see a mysterious 220 charge on my account....I called the hotel and they informed me that we had smoked in the room and left cigarettes and ashes on the bedside table. They even said had pictures to prove it. The thing is, WE DONT SMOKE, WE DIDNT SMOKE....therefore, either the housekeeper made a room mistake? or the visitors after us did the smoking. I explained to the hotel manager that there is no way that the smoking was related to us or even in our room...but he wouldn't bulge. I am so angry that this happened, because I know for a fact I am not guilty of what they are saying.....I feel so sad this experience had to end like this. I of course, asked for a cancellation of payment but still. having to go through this and they not admitting they made a mistake. I am so mad. I will NEVER stay at this hotel and I will make sure no one I know does either.

Room Tip: Take pictures of the room before and after you stay so they cannot claim you smoked in the room and...
6  Thank jay t
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to me. While I can thoroughly understand your frustration, I would hope that you can also understand ours. We work very hard to provide a smoke-free environment for all of our guests and when that policy is disregarded, we need to take measures to bring the guest room back to its original state for others to enjoy. It is not possible that other guests after you left the evidence in question, as the room was thoroughly cleaned after your departure, resulting in the discovery of the items. I am extremely sorry to see that the memories of your otherwise enjoyable experience were dampened because of this, and hope that you can appreciate that our policies are in place in order to create the same memorable experience for all of our guests. I thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a long weekend at Green Mountain Inn and we had a wonderful and relaxing stay. It is centrally located in Stowe - walking distance to some restaurants and shops and a short drive to other restaurants in Stowe village. Very quick drive to Stowe mountain (10-15 minutes) and also relatively close to other VT attractions such as Ben & Jerry's, Cabot Cheese, etc.

After a day of skiing, the heated pool, hot tub, and in-room jacuzzi tub were great ways to relax.

The restaurant (The Whip) was delicious and the inn offered a great breakfast as well.

Couldn't have been happier with our stay. We would highly recommend to other people and would consider staying here again the next time we're in the area.

Room Tip: The inn offers different types of rooms, so research the one you want in advance. The room we stayed...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

It seems your stay at the Green Mountain Inn included many of the aspects that make our Inn so wonderful, from the relaxing pool to a great bite to eat at The Whip! I thank you for sharing with everyone how much you enjoyed your time here and for your kind recommendation. I am overjoyed to hear that our Inn played an important role in creating the perfect long weekend for you and your husband. We’re already looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

What a lovely village Stowe is and the Green Mountian Inn is a nice place to stay.
Hotel has very friendly staff, who are only too happy to help you. Very clean and warm rooms, essential in the very cold temperatures we had.
Bathroom is stocked with reasonable toiletries and towels. Furnishing and decoration is a bit dated and twee, but it is probably the "olde inn" look. We had a room that was listed as a classic type with a room off a room to cater for children travelling with adults (not available through the travel company, but we booked direct over the phone). For ski-ing the storage was excellent with a big walk in cupboard. Coffee machine but no fridge for milk. No room safe either if you need one. Room was quite dark as it had a balcony above it for upstairs rooms, just a venetian blind as well with no curtains to close. Large flat screen TV's in both main rooms.
They do have apartments and townhouses which might suit people staying for longer or with larger groups.
Outdoor heated pool is a draw and if you stay in a room close to it, it can be quite noisy in the evening. Have to say it is freezing when you get out so did not appeal to me more than once but others in my party loved it. It is a different swiming experience in water the temperature of a bath with snow only a few feet away. The 13 person sized Jacuzzi and sauna much more like it!
Gym was excellent, with various CV and weight machines and free weights. It had two flat screen TV's and a great view of the hotel and the pool. Plenty of parking as well.
Very well located for Harrisons (see review) restaurant and other restaurants in walking distance as well as other cafes nearby for breakfast if you don't fancy the hotel's or are in town for lunch rather than up the mountain.
The hotel breakfast was served in a bit of a multi purpose room that was a bit stark and not as well kept as the rest of the hotel's communal rooms. This room was also used for free cookies, tea and non alchoholic cider in the late afternoon, and they put board games out for the children, as well as a chess board. They also had a free cheese and wine session on Thursday.
15 minutes from mountain by car, along the mountain road (quite big traffic jams retuning in the evening), where there are more restaurants but its not walkable.
Don't rate the whip bar and grill much(in house restaurant) but it seems v popular. We only ate there once on a steak and ale special night, but a steak came Luke warm, which when mentioned to the server, was taken off the bill. Didn't send it back as the the real issue was the speed of service, although the server was very attentive we were waiting almost an hour from our reservation time to being served a main course, we did not order a starter, so were starving when it arrived. Maybe we were just unlucky, The portion sizes were also far less generous than almost every other meal we have had in both Stowe and else where in New England (see other reviews).
However on the whole we were very happy staying at the green Mountian Inn and would stay there again if we return to Stowe.

Room Tip: Stayed in annex where access was gained from the back of the hotel via swipe card. very close to th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LondonPLJ

I would like to express my gratitude for the wonderful comments you offered within your review for the Green Mountain Inn and our staff. It is certainly a delight to read that you enjoyed your accommodations, our fitness center and the village of Stowe, as well. I do apologize for the less than stellar service you received in The Whip and your comments will be utilized as a reminder to our staff of the importance of timely service. Thank you for taking the time to include so many details about your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.