Green Mountain Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Field Guide(Stowe)
Golden Eagle Resort(Stowe)
1,916 results
All reviewsmansfield housewhip restaurantluxury suitemiddle of townfour poster bedmain streetfire pitnew englandjacuzzi tubclassic roomcookiesmodern amenitieshotel restaurantbeautiful roomdowntown stowelarge bathroombaked goods
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The rooms are fine and quite spacious. The entrance hall to the room was hard to keep clean due to the melting snow. The front desk people were great and provided us with a lot of information about the city and the mountain. The restaurant is amazing!!! The food is delicious and the price fair.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for sharing all the wonderful details of your recent stay at the Green Mountain Inn! It sounds like you had a great time and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know. I do love it when our guests let me know how our amazing staff made their experience enjoyable. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Booked the Inn on a whim as we had never stayed in Stowe before. From the moment we walked in, we were pleased with every aspect of the Inn. special thanks to Tyler at the front desk who made us feel welcome and comfortable! The room was spectacular, clean and cozy (with fireplace). Wine and cheese tasting on Thursday was awesome, as the staff was super fun and made it a festive time. The Whip is great for a bite to eat! Pool and gym rounded out the whole affair.

Will be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Even if it was by chance, I am so glad that you chose to stay with us here at the Green Mountain Inn and that we were able to provide you with a fun and relaxing experience for your first visit to Stowe! Thank you for your specific acknowledgement of our staff and for mentioning the special events we provide for our guests. I am looking forward to having you stay with us very soon and I thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is long over due -- we held our same sex wedding in October 2012 in Stowe, VT and booked the GMI as the site of our dinner and reception. We also used GMI as home base for our guests. We cannot express enough how absolutely perfect everything went off... Our wedding reception was beautiful -- utilizing the entire lobby, dining room and the village room for dancing. The entire staff, especially Patty and Barrett, made our special day and time there unforgettable. The food at dinner was incredibly tasty and the wait staff/bar staff were beyond 5 star!! Everyone loved the inn, found it charming and comfortable... We cannot say enough good things about our wedding reception at the GMI!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I am truly humbled by your lovely review and on behalf of myself and everyone here at the Green Mountain Inn, I extend our sincerest thanks for allowing us to create such a memorable wedding for both of you. Weddings are certainly special at our historic Inn and knowing that each of your guests was comfortable and taken care of exceedingly well make me very happy. Please come back and visit with us soon and I thank you for your gracious review.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was my 2nd time staying at the Green Mountain Inn and it was just as good the 2nd time! Outdoor pool after skiing was great. The Whip Restaurant was terrific too. Our server was fantastic and we appreciated the front desk helping us get in on a busy night. I would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Isn’t that a great combination? Spending time on the chilly slopes, enjoying the outrageous powder and trails and then completely relaxing in our outdoor heated pool to end the day. Thank you for your generous compliments regarding the Green Mountain Inn and your recent stay. I am grateful for your kind recommendation and look forward to having you stay with us very soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

- it was just as I had remembered! We were here in part because of a conference, but extended our stay to enjoy the area and some time off. The conference was located in a resort on the mountain, but we chose to stay here based upon my past experiences.
I like to stay in The Mansfield House, conveniently located behind the inn. I like the spaciousness of the rooms and the extra sitting room. It is conveniently located, also, to the building that houses the inn's health club, as well as some shops - all within a short walk.
I am very fussy about cleanliness, and the accommodations are very clean. We were here five nights in the midst of a snowstorm, and no matter how well we wiped our feet we still managed to carry in some salt pellets from the walkway. The housekeeping did a great job in cleaning the room and stayed on top of the vacuuming.
The staff at the front desk were all very friendly and helpful.
They have a cookie and tea hour in the late afternoon, which I partook in one afternoon - great for warming up after a cold day!
We did not dine in the on-site restaurant, The Whip, but I did interact with the Food & Beverage Director - very positive customer service experience, again.
We look forward to returning for a break in the summer months and are already checking our calendars!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

It was certainly a great idea to extend your business stay into a relaxing and fun experience in Stowe and at the Green Mountain Inn. There’s so much to explore and enjoy in the area, and our Inn puts you right in the middle of it all. Thank you for your kind compliments for our Housekeeping staff, as well as our Food & Beverage Director. I will certainly pass on your comments as I know it will make their day! The warmer months are arriving soon, we I’ll be looking forward to seeing you again very soon! Thank you for your great review.