“Fantastic Experience”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Nyc
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Booked the Inn on a whim as we had never stayed in Stowe before. From the moment we walked in, we were pleased with every aspect of the Inn. special thanks to Tyler at the front desk who made us feel welcome and comfortable! The room was spectacular, clean and cozy (with fireplace). Wine and cheese tasting on Thursday was awesome, as the staff was super fun and made it a festive time. The Whip is great for a bite to eat! Pool and gym rounded out the whole affair.

Will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Even if it was by chance, I am so glad that you chose to stay with us here at the Green Mountain Inn and that we were able to provide you with a fun and relaxing experience for your first visit to Stowe! Thank you for your specific acknowledgement of our staff and for mentioning the special events we provide for our guests. I am looking forward to having you stay with us very soon and I thank you for your kind review.

Patti Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

This is long over due -- we held our same sex wedding in October 2012 in Stowe, VT and booked the GMI as the site of our dinner and reception. We also used GMI as home base for our guests. We cannot express enough how absolutely perfect everything went off... Our wedding reception was beautiful -- utilizing the entire lobby, dining room and the village room for dancing. The entire staff, especially Patty and Barrett, made our special day and time there unforgettable. The food at dinner was incredibly tasty and the wait staff/bar staff were beyond 5 star!! Everyone loved the inn, found it charming and comfortable... We cannot say enough good things about our wedding reception at the GMI!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am truly humbled by your lovely review and on behalf of myself and everyone here at the Green Mountain Inn, I extend our sincerest thanks for allowing us to create such a memorable wedding for both of you. Weddings are certainly special at our historic Inn and knowing that each of your guests was comfortable and taken care of exceedingly well make me very happy. Please come back and visit with us soon and I thank you for your gracious review.

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was my 2nd time staying at the Green Mountain Inn and it was just as good the 2nd time! Outdoor pool after skiing was great. The Whip Restaurant was terrific too. Our server was fantastic and we appreciated the front desk helping us get in on a busy night. I would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Isn’t that a great combination? Spending time on the chilly slopes, enjoying the outrageous powder and trails and then completely relaxing in our outdoor heated pool to end the day. Thank you for your generous compliments regarding the Green Mountain Inn and your recent stay. I am grateful for your kind recommendation and look forward to having you stay with us very soon.

Bar Harbor, ME
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

- it was just as I had remembered! We were here in part because of a conference, but extended our stay to enjoy the area and some time off. The conference was located in a resort on the mountain, but we chose to stay here based upon my past experiences.
I like to stay in The Mansfield House, conveniently located behind the inn. I like the spaciousness of the rooms and the extra sitting room. It is conveniently located, also, to the building that houses the inn's health club, as well as some shops - all within a short walk.
I am very fussy about cleanliness, and the accommodations are very clean. We were here five nights in the midst of a snowstorm, and no matter how well we wiped our feet we still managed to carry in some salt pellets from the walkway. The housekeeping did a great job in cleaning the room and stayed on top of the vacuuming.
The staff at the front desk were all very friendly and helpful.
They have a cookie and tea hour in the late afternoon, which I partook in one afternoon - great for warming up after a cold day!
We did not dine in the on-site restaurant, The Whip, but I did interact with the Food & Beverage Director - very positive customer service experience, again.
We look forward to returning for a break in the summer months and are already checking our calendars!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
It was certainly a great idea to extend your business stay into a relaxing and fun experience in Stowe and at the Green Mountain Inn. There’s so much to explore and enjoy in the area, and our Inn puts you right in the middle of it all. Thank you for your kind compliments for our Housekeeping staff, as well as our Food & Beverage Director. I will certainly pass on your comments as I know it will make their day! The warmer months are arriving soon, we I’ll be looking forward to seeing you again very soon! Thank you for your great review.

Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had a wonderful visit to the Green Mountain Inn this past weekend. The staff was probably the nicest we've ever experienced anywhere. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in the Mansfield House, which is not connected to the main inn. It was a very short walk and the room was perfect. It was very spacious with plenty of room for the four of us. There was plenty of room for air beds in either the bedroom or the sitting room. We enjoyed the fireplace in the bedroom. We didn't use the jacuzzi tub- seemed odd that it was located in the bedroom. The bathroom was very clean. One improvement I would suggest to the hotel is to add a soap dish or shelf in the shower stall. In such a lovely bathroom, it seemed odd to have to put everything on the floor. We did eat breakfast in the hotel. If you like a big breakfast, the $12.95 price is fair. The omelets and pancakes were average, but the pastries were delicious. And the selection of pastries was extensive. We especially enjoyed the berry scones. I booked the hotel in hopes of swimming outside in the winter... a fun experience for the kids. Unfortunately it was VERY cold the days we were there, with wind chills well below zero so we decided against it. If we go back to the Stowe area, we would definitely stay here again. It was nice to be able to walk to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
The berry scones are definitely one of my favorites! Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to let me know your recent stay at the Green Mountain Inn was. I’m so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your accommodations in the Mansfield House and I look forward to having you stay with us again, where hopefully the weather will cooperate and your children can enjoy our pool. Swimming in our heated pool in the middle of winter in VT is certainly an experience not to be missed. Please come and visit us again soon. Thank you for your lovely review.

Centerport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We just spent three nights at the Green Mountain Inn and we are sold! From the warm welcome upon arrival to the friendly check-out this morning, and everything in-between, my husband, 15 and 8 year-old daughters, and I had the most amazing experience! We had all our meals at the Whip Restaurant on the premises - delicious! And the service was impeccable! We are already planning a return trip in the summer. We are frequent traveleres to the Caribbean, Mexico, and Europe and this trip was "up-there"!! Highly recommend the Green Mountain Inn!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
I am delighted to read that our staff provided thoughtful and gracious service to you and your family during your recent stay at the Green Mountain Inn. It is an amazing compliment when we hear from our guests that they’ve already planned a return visit! I will be sure to share your kind comments with our staff, both in the Inn and in our restaurant. Thank you for your wonderful review and for sharing your story with us. I look forward to greeting you and your lovely family this summer.

East Hanover, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have never written a second review for any place I have visited (hotel/inn/restaurant) but I feel The Green Mountain Inn needs another review from me to let the public know what a great place this really is.

My reservation had a bit of a mixup - I booked a one bedroom suite but later received a call from Charlotte in reservations - to inform me that the suite we were going to be staying in did not have a pull out couch (we were traveling with a teenager). After back and forth phone calls and emails with Charlotte, she informed me of the 2 bedroom townhouse. Oh my goodness - it was perfect for our needs. Charlotte couldn't have been more helpful with everything and I thank her.

The townhouse is further down Depot Street but not too far of a walk back and forth to the main house. The townhouse was immaculate - the bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen - all beautiful. Housekeeping as always, did a great job too!

Breakfast was great - fresh and delicious.

I know I said it in my review back in 2011 but the way The Green Mountain Inn treats their guests is the reason I will continue to return. I will also continue to recommend this inn to all that ask me for a great place to stay in Northern Vermont. Keep up the good work!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank catnjim1
I am extremely happy to hear that your recent stay at the Green Mountain Inn fully exceeded your expectations and am grateful for your loyalty. We all think of the Inn as a special place where guests can enjoy the beautiful amenities of the Stowe area and feel right at home at the same time. I’m so happy that we were able to provide you with accommodations that fully matched your needs and I appreciate your gracious acknowledgement of our staff. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back time and time again and thank you very much for your amazing review.