The GMI is a very quaint place with efficient staff and excellent food. Breakfast is a good mix of hot and cold - all buffet style and plenty of choice. My wife and I have completely diverse breakfast preferences yet we were both more than satisified. The lady who runs the breakfast area is superb - at first she might seem more like a ward sister but as you watch her at work you will see how she balances extreme efficiency whilst engaging fully with her customers - a rare talent. The Whip Bar is very good too - food was excellent and not too pricey along with a nice atmosphere. My only negative of the whole stay was the surly bartender, but maybe he got out the wrong side of bed. Location is perfect - right in the centre of Stowe and a few miles from Ben & Jerry's and the Trapp Family Lodge. If we ever return to Vermont we will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully restored historic inn blending classic country charm and modern amenities in the heart of Stowe village. Offering over 100 quaint rooms, suites, townhouses and apartments, many with fireplaces and Jacuzzis. Enjoy sumptuous cuisine in two dining rooms - including the famous Whip Bar & Grill with outdoor terrace. Heated outdoor pool, afternoon tea & cookies, health club with Jacuzzi, sauna and massage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Green Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Mountain Hotel Stowe
- Green Mountain Resort
- Green Mountain Stowe
- Green Mountain Inn Stowe, Vermont