I wholeheartedly agree with MGS227. Stowe Mountain Lodge is a 3 or 4 star hotel that wants to be 5 stars, but just doesn't put forward the extra touches and service. We were on an American Express Platinum Package which includes a room upgrade, if available. There were plenty of rooms available, but we had to actually ask for the upgrade. (It should be given automatically.) We were asked to wait an hour or two and they would have an upgraded room available for us. They suggested we have a drink in the lounge while we waited, but did not offer to comp the drinks. The first room we were given was clearly an upgrade - a large suite, but it also smelled badly and had food and dirt on the floor in the living area and bedroom. We were then told it would take another hour or two for another upgraded room. We went to dinner and when we returned, we were given a suite albeit, much smaller than the first room. Overall, the hotel was beautiful with wonderful amenities. They just need to step up their service game:
- housekeeping is not that of a 5 star hotel. Towels were changed and beds made...that's it.
- pool service (towel service, chair set-up, food etc...) is lacking although the pool area is quite nice
- service needs to be improved (The concierge is below par for a hotel of this caliber. Staff is friendly but doesn't go the extra mile).
We actually liked Stowe Mountain Lodge as the lounge and restaurants were very nice, the lobby is warm and inviting, and the room was nice as well. We just wish the service at the hotel was better. It would have made all the difference.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Stowe Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stowe Mountain Hotel Stowe
- Stowe Mountain Lodge Vermont