Stowe Mountain Lodge
Green Mountain Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
Commodores Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$94
Trapp Family Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$200
Stowe Motel & Snowdrift(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$109
$82
Innsbruck Inn At Stowe(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$69
Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$188
Golden Eagle Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$135
$95
Sun & Ski Inn and Suites(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$112
Topnotch Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$183
Edson Hill(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$200
2,965 results
All reviewsski valetsolstice restauranthourglass bartimberline studiovalet staffski schoolzip linemountain lodgeone bedroom suitebeautiful resortgondola ridespruce peakoff seasonheated poolski resorttop notchfull kitchen
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Visited SML in the summer so that my husband could could attend a conference. Very calm and relaxing during the week, but the atmosphere changed dramatically when the hordes of 12-year old Lacrosse playing boys moved in for the weekend. Just be aware what is going on in the community when you book.

The resort is huge, and I am sure a lot more to do in the winter. Since I was not on my husband's rental car agreement, I was kind of stuck at the resort for 2 days while he attended meetings. Pool is huge and well maintained, nice walking trail around the resort and nice looking spa. That entertained about one day. No shuttle to town, but they do have a Mercedes you can test drive for a couple hours. Make sure you have transportation to see other things in the area.

The staff was great- very friendly and helpful. The Alpine Concierge - Peter, was very knowledgeable and gave us a great Lamoille County Covered Bridge Tour route to take which really showed us the parts of Vermont we wanted to see. Watching Peter converse with other people during the week, he really took the time to find out what the clients were looking for before making suggestions. Bar staff at the conference events knew us by the end of the week. Valet/door staff never allowed us to open a door. Housekeeping kept our room spotless.

Overall, a well run and enjoyable experience.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Courteous staff, very clean and updated rooms and amenities. Loved the in room fire place, great views and overall cosy feel. Outside fire pits are a nice touch as well. Food options were a bit limited--just one restaurant and the bar area which tended to get very packed quickly/slow service... but was still very nice to have an on site food option when we were too lazy to drive into town (we never used the kitchenette). Coffee available by the bar every morning :) Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Fantastic setting at the base of Mount Mansfield. We had a great room - top floor with dizzying mountain views. Bathroom was spectacular and large, perhaps disproportionate to the room size. Nice to have a kitchenette although very limited space to actually cook.

Top features:
-beautiful room with perfect sound-proofing. I am a light sleeper and never heard any disturbance.
-The pool area is amazing. My kids (4 and 6) spent half the trip there. Lots of space for everyone.
-Staff are genuinely friendly.
-4th of July fireworks party - Held on the 5th right at the resort.
-Excellent work out room - much better than most.

A few drawbacks:
-It's a bit removed from town and not right on the bike path.
-We had a few hiccups with the valet service. But they were apologetic and comp'ed us for the valet fee.
-Their game room is a bit small and really only has arcade games. Would have been nice to play some free indoor games to while away time during the daily thunderstorm.

Bottom line - we were very pleased and are likely to come back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of Stowe Mountain Lodge. Since the hotel is situated at the base of two historic Vermont mountains, the views are spectacular from the guestrooms, pool and outlets. We're so glad you enjoyed the kitchenette in your room -- the larger suites have full kitchens as well to accommodate the larger parties we have in house. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next summer Vermont vacation.

Regards,
Matthew Quick
Director of Rooms

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our family traveled to Stowe, VT so my husband could attend a conference. I'm sure this resort is much busier in the winter, but it was a wonderful place to visit in July. It has a great pool and 2 hot tubs to relax in. The rooms are very nicely furnished and so comfortable. It was great to have such a large bathroom with a shower and large separate tub. The best part of this resort though was the staff. Whatever we needed, they took care of. One afternoon my daughter and I were even given a Mercedes Benz to use for shopping while my husband and son were gone with our car. They have a partnership that allows guests to test drive the cars. The valet parking was the best- always quick and courteous. I highly recommend this resort. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Our room had a beautiful view of the mountains. I don't think there is a bad view anywhere at this resort.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family of four (two adults, five year-old daughter, six year-old son) stayed here for three nights while I attended a conference (fantastic place for a conference!!). While we were very satisfied with our stay, I would give a rating of 3.5 if that were possible because there are a few minor annoyances that surprised me for a hotel of this supposed caliber and cost (though we did receive a discount).

Rooms: we were fortunate to be upgraded to a one bedroom suite which overlooked the pool and had a long balcony accessible from the great room as well as the bedroom. The room featured high ceilings, a full kitchen with full-sized stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher and lots of pots, plates, utensils, etc. It also featured a breakfast bar with three stools. In between the great room area and kitchen was a dining area with full-sized table. In the great room was a fireplace with marble surround, large tv, sofa sleeper, and two large leather chairs. Off the kitchen was a hallway with a large utility closet (great for storing ski gear or in our case, all of our bags!) and - much to my pleasure - a laundry closet with full-sized washer and dryer!! The bathroom was in a different hallway off of the dining area and was a great size, the shower easily could fit all four of us (though we didn't try!) and had great toiletries. The bedroom was decent sized with plenty of space to store clothes. I give the room five stars because there was really nothing lacking. For four of us, it was great to have ample space. I would imagine the space would be helpful in the winter with all of the ski gear, jackets, etc. The only thing missing from the room - which is one of the minor annoyances I referenced - were bottles of water (even if they are $4 or more per bottle, it's nice to have the option) and other drinks/snacks available for purchase. When we realized we needed water, we called down to the front desk and were told we had to purchase bottled water in the gift shop, which was closing in five minutes. True to the level of service offered here though, they held it open until we could come down. I also think that it would've been nice if the laundry area had at least one small box of detergent (even if you were charged to use it?) as we had to obtain that from the gift shop as well; same with the sink - there was no hand soap or dish soap (there was soap for the dishwasher).

Dining options: This is the other area that I felt was somewhat lacking. There are two (which really is one) restaurants on site, one (Hourglass) has slightly less expensive choices but both are a bit limited in their selections. The less expensive restaurant did have a nice kids' menu though, but the entrees were expensive. For the four of us to dine one night, our bill was $115 which included one fish entree, a cheese plate, a cheeseburger, carrots/dip (kids), kids' macaroni and cheese, two milks, and two glasses of wine. I guess that isn't too bad for the area, but I didn't feel like we got that much value for the money. Because the resort is about ~10 minutes from the main part of town, I feel that a cafe (coffee, pastries, simple sandwiches, bagels and breakfast sandwiches, juices, etc.) would be a nice and necessary addition. It is odd to me that a hotel of this caliber doesn't have an on-site cafe for coffee and tea beverages.

Pool: fantastic, no issues. Nice and warm, plenty of chairs, helpful staff. They stop serving food at the pool at 6PM which seems a bit early.

Kids' activities: definitely room for improvement here. A playground would be a wonderful addition, perhaps even an indoor playground or play area for younger kids. They do have the alpine slide, bungee area and one climbing structure, but it's expensive and might be prohibitive to do more than one day (and some kids might even grow tired of doing the same few activities, cool as they are). I didn't go to the arcade but was told it was outdated and didn't have much to interest kids. Perhaps a game room and improved arcade would be good? I think an indoor pool could be nice for kids too, especially in the winter.

Location: breathtaking. You're surrounded by gorgeous green mountains, impressive rock faces, hiking, streams, quaint town, etc.

In all, it was a great trip but had we have paid the ~$400/night that the hotel advertised, I would have been disappointed. While the service and personnel were all very friendly, the hotel does show wear and tear in a few places, and little thing like no water in the rooms is kind of a bother. I didn't love having to call the car from the valet each time we needed it, but I also wouldn't want to look at a large parking lot. I would stay here again, but if you have young kids, be sure to have lots of off-site activities planned.

1  Thank Blair4
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for such a detailed account of your visit to Stowe Mountain Lodge. We truly appreciate hearing about your experience during your conference and will certainly share your observations with our team. We are continually revising our kids recreational offerings and particularly during the holiday periods, offer increased activities. During your next summer vacation, we invite you to visit our Enchanted Forest playground!

Regards,