“Great place - lots to do!”

Stowe Mountain Lodge
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Mount Juliet, Tennessee, United States
“Great place - lots to do!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went there with my husband on a business trip and I am not a skier. Had a great time - spa was fantastic and food in restaurant was amazing. The town was quaint and had a good time going to see the Van Trapp Lodge, went to Green Mountain Coffee, Ben and Jerry's, wine tasting, apple cider mill.. lots to do even for a small place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your winter vacation at Stowe Mountain Lodge. While we are positioned slope-side to Stowe Mountain Resort featuring Mt. Mansfield, the highest peek in Vermont, many of our winter visitors are not skiers or riders and find plenty to keep them busy. Our award-winning spa and wellness center as well as farm-to-table restaurants all give a great taste of what Vermont has to offer while housing you from the elements. We hope to welcome you back again for your next winter getaway.

Regards,
Heinrich von Puschendorf
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here while my daughter participated in the Nordic Cup soccer tournament. It's a great place. Pricey ... even with the tournament discount. And, because it was so far removed from the soccer activities, we spent too little time at the Lodge to take advantage of all it had to offer, so I was a tad disappointed. So I'd recommend it to anyone who is there for an extended period or if you plan to simply take advantage of the resort and limit your travel in the area.

Hudson, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I equate this resort to the finest luxury hotel in Las Vegas dropped into the mountains of Stowe VT. Although there are many activities to do it seems it was in between seasons and the alpine slides were not open. The pool was extraordinary and the views breathtaking.

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed June 19, 2013

People were polite and helpful. Waitstaff pleasant and efficient. Beautiful views from our rooms and the grandchildren loved the wrap around indoor/outdoor heated pool. Grounds were well maintained and afforded many walking opportunity. It was a shame that the alpine slide had not opened yet, because I know our children were looking forward to it. I also wish that we had been sent a confirmation with a confirmation number. That just helps me feel more relaxed.

Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at the Stowe Mountain Lodge during Columbus Day Weekend in hopes of catching some fall foliage and was not disappointed. The hotel is nicely situated at the base of two mountains, with fall foliage right on the hotel's doorsteps.

Service was generally good from reception throughout the hotel's restaurants. Valet and luggage services were quite slow as it took 30 minutes to fetch our vehicle on one instance and over an hour to deliver baggage to my room when we first checked in.

Despite this, the hotel is worth the trip. It is rustic, yet modern. Simple, yet very luxurious. We were upgraded to the Ridgeline Studio upon check-in and the room was enormous. The bathroom featured a large tub, perfect for soaking after a day in the chilly mountain weather outside. And the stone-framed fireplace was a perfect place to relax in front of.

The hotel has an expansive pool and spa facility and fire pits outside. Equally luxurious compared to other resorts, such as the Four Seasons in Whistler.

We definitely plan on staying again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Stowe Mountain Lodge for your Vermont foliage vacation. Since we are situated at the base of Mt. Mansfield, Vermont's highest peak, with instant access to Smuggler's Notch driving route, the foliage viewing is nothing short of spectacular. We hope to welcome you back again so you can enjoy the foliage and the fire pits in the fresh mountain air.

Regards,
Heinrich von Puschendorf
Director of Operations
Meriden, Connecticut
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My delightful experience was with a conference. The rooms were very nice and I slept great! I really enjoyed the trails around the property for a morning hike or run. I will definitely be back on my own time especially in the fall when I can take advantage of the in room fireplace.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The Stowe mountain lodge was an incredible hotel.located close enough to mt.Mansfield to have access directly to the mountain.we of course didn't ski as it was June,but I'm sure this is the ultimate hotel for skiers having ski in/ski out access.the food was fresh(farm to table)and priced accordingly with the rest of the Stowe area.the only thing I didnt like about it was that it was a valet only hotel(if that is what your used to,then you'll probably not care,but if your charging me 19.00 a night to park my vehicle in your parking garage,don't give me a disclaimer saying your not responsible for my vehicle or property inside it).

Room Tip: My view was of the front driveway,and it was still awesome.I can't imagine a bad view anywhere h...
Green Features: I like that they have recycling bins in the rooms,and the organic toiletries(soap and shampoo)were excellant .i think all of there efforts to be environmentally friendly are well executed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple