“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Randolph, New Jersey
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a Beautiful resort. The staff is very accommodating. Everyone was very warm and friendly, especially the valet, Adrian. They always address you by name and are quick to get you car, and skis when needed. Skis were always on the car in the morning when i was ready to head out to ski.

Room Tip: Start with a smaller less expensive room, they will usually upgrade you if available.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
Wilton, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

As soon as we drove up to the Lodge we were greeted by the friendliest Man. Who was the Valet and went to park our Car. ($20 mandatory)
As we walked in we were greeted by the friendliest receptionist we had ever encountered. All in all the whole Staff was great.
The room was so clean that it even stunned this Momma whos constantly reminding her kids not to touch ickyyy things. Not a problem in this Place. EVERYTHING was spotless!!! Bathroom.... omg! Looked like a mini spa. Bedroom... had everything you need and thensome. The sheets on that Bed are unforgettable.
Only thing I didnt like was the Pricing on those Rooms... Yikes.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of Stowe Mountain Lodge! We appreciate the comments of the family travelers and love to hear that we met your expectations, particularly regarding cleanliness and friendliness. We try to provide the comforts of home without the stress or mess. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next Stowe, Vermont vacation.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

What a pleasant surprise for a weekend with the kids. The facilities were way better than I expected and the price was reasonable (although it was late march, so the back side of peak pricing). The hotel really seemed like a high end mountain west resort. The staff was extremely responsive and friendly. The concierge gave us excellent advise on dining as well.
The access to the largely outdoor pool was particularly nice: entering through a little indoor section then swim out access.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Peter L
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I and my wife were to ski in Vermont last March and stayed at the Stowe Montain Lodge for 8 days. This hotel is in the base of the mountain and has a Valet Ski for our confort. All the staff were friendly, in special the concierge Peter. Inside the hotel you can buy tickts for lifts and classes or rental equipments. It's very easy. The restaurants are greats, special Solstice, but in Stowe has more than 50 restaurants to choose. I recommend O'Gradys, Família Trapp and Hen of the Wood. The Spa is full equipped and the massages are relaxing. Great choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your story about your Stowe, Vermont visit. Our goal is to have you experience your activities and services with ease so we provide an extra ticket desk, ski valet and concierge services to help. We are glad to hear you enjoyed Solstice, our fine dining restaurant as well as The Spa for a well-rounded Stowe Mountain Lodge experience. We hope to welcome you back again for your next ski vacation.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

So much that we decided to stay a little longer than it was planned. The Stowe Mountain Lodge won't fall short. It's beautiful, efficient, friendly and right there at the bottom of the mountain. The snow condition was unbelievable! (we might have lucked out on that one, considering it was April skiing). Ski in and ski out just got a new definition. Very very nice. We will sure be back!
Like another reviewer, I agree that the turn down service could have tucked in the corner of the sheets. They were just laid on the bed (???). I too, like my bed sheets tight on the mattress. And on my review to the hotel, I did mention that house keeping fell short a little bit, by forgetting to replace coffee and sugar and other items that were supposedly automatic replaced. Made me have to ask for it and I fell uncomfortable a bit, since I am not the type to complain for little things.
Overall, the hotel is beautifully set up. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly. First class all the way! Oh, did I mention that there is a fire place in every room???
Mom of 3.

Room Tip: Anything is great there. We were upgraded "just because" and it was wonderful. Maybe get a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great resort to ski, relax and unwind. Limited dining options at resort, but downtown Stowe a nearby drive. Not much to do at resort other than ski, spa and enjoy room service and the fab outdoor pool and hot tub. There is no ski "village" area to shop/dine. I prefer to stay here for a quick getaway, 2-3 nights, to enjoy skiing (and ski valet), and relaxing with some pricey (but worth it - salt scrub/warm vichy shower) spa treatments. The rooms are smaller than they appear - we had the studio w/fireplace, kitchenette and balcony - but very well appointed and comfortable. Best sheets ever!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you posting about your getaway to Stowe Mountain Lodge. Stowe, Vermont has long been a weekend ski destination for those residing in the surrounding metropolitan areas – Montreal, Boston and New York. With quick drives or flights, our guests are able to be here in less than three hours and enjoy the slopes for a weekend before returning home for another week. Thank you for choosing Stowe Mountain Lodge for your Stowe, Vermont ski getaway.

Boston, Ma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was far above my usual "digs" for my spring ski vacation. The usual rate for a standard room is above my budget, but, a very good price allowed me to afford the stay of 5 days,

The room was exceptional: views to the big mountain, quiet, well laid out and large. Marble countertops, floors and surrounds completed the total feel. The bathroom was big enough to hold a rodeo, and had a deep tub which I used one lazy afternoon to great effect. The bed was extra-comfortable, which, after skiing from first chair until late in the afternoon brought sound sleep. The fully equipped kitchen allowed me to eat the breakfast I wanted, and to eat in as I pleased. The staff was attentive and concerned that everything was right. Like another reviewer, I was concerned about the number of children who early in the night were truly running about and not quiet. By the time I needed to put head to pillow (~10:00 P.M) , the rascals had petered out, all was quiet.

Two concerns that might be easily handled. One was the state of my bed when I turned it down for the night (and yes they did offer "turn down" service, but I'm the independent sort). The sheets were askew and not "tight". Perhaps you can blame my Navy boot camp training, but I want it done up well, hospital corners and all. I took the time to strip and redo it all to my tastes. Second , the provided flat bottomed coffee filters for the cone shape filter holder! It took precision placement to keep the filter from dumping grounds out of the filter into the pot and over the counter (which it did once.). These were a couple of simple things that just need a closer look. Neither contributed to any significant degree to an unpleasant experience, and indeed, it was very nice.

Oh, ya - the skiing? ... extraordinary.

Room Tip: The further from the lobby and pool, the quieter the hallway becomes. Less foot traffic & fewer...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo