“Exceeds Expectations!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Nesconset, New York
“Exceeds Expectations!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stowe Mountain Lodge is the Best! We stay here every winter and each time they exceed our expectations! Great for family (including our dog) - this staff is friendly and greets you by name throughout the compound! Rooms are beautiful and clean, views are breathtaking! Ski valet brings your equipment outside for you and puts it away when you are finished - just a few steps and you are on the slopes...it does not get better than that! Pool, hot tubs and outdoor fire pits (including Smores) make your stay unforgettable! Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
East Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We lovedhave We stayed here in late summer, early fall. The weather was amazing and we swent to the art festival slightly out of town. The room was incredible. It was affordable for the budget minded group we were. Dog friendly! We loves the hot tubs outdoor and firepits.

• Stayed September 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stowe Mountain Lodge is a great place for family fun year round - they cater to your every need and the access to skiing, golf and outdoor adventures is fabulous! I highly recommend Stowe Mountain Lodge to all - with or without children - great for couples too!

Room Tip: The Alpine Rooms have a wonderful view however all the rooms are terrific
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Massachusetts
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed two nights at the Stowe Mountain Lodge. We booked a Jr. Suite. The room was beautiful! It had a living room with fireplace, king size bed, a very large bathroom with a seperate tub and shower. We had a balcony from the living room and bedroom. Our view was the front of the hotel and the mountains. We arrived at the hotel at about 3pm. Our room was not ready yet which was fine as check in time was 4pm. We went to the bar and they called my cell phone once the room was ready.

I took a yoga class the first night which was great. It was an extra $20 which I thought was a bit much but the class was really good and it was a great way to start the vacation. I visited the gym twice. Nice equipment and it overlooks the pool/hot tub. We had a wonderful time at the spa. It is really beautiful!

I was a little nervous about how the food would be since the reviews are not great. We didn't have too many options since it was a Monday night and we wanted to have some wine with dinner. Our room was right around the corner from the beautiful bar and restaurant. We had an early dinner in the bar the first night. I had beet salad and chili. My husband had clam chowder and a 'po boy sandwich. Everything was excellent! We had dinner at Solstice to celebrate our anniversary. We were the only people in the restaurant the entire time! I knew it would be a slow time right after the holidays on a Monday/Tuesday. We had excellent service and the food was wonderful.

We decided to stop at a supermarket for bagels, fruit and juice for breakfast. I had a feeling the breakfast would be pricey and since we had a coffee pot, toaster and stove top we figured we'd enjoy our lovely room for breakfast instead.

I knew about the valet charge ahead of time (it's part of the agreement). I actually enjoyed it. It was nice not to have to walk to our cold car. All of our luggage was taken out by the bell hop and brought to our room. We never had a wait for our car although I'm sure that is different on a busy weekend. Just plan ahead...the lobby is beautiful. Call early and bring a newspaper and a cup of coffee and enjoy yourself.

The only thing I was disappointed in was the "heated" pool. We were there during a particularly warm period and there is no way we would have swam in that water. I can't imagine when it's a normal January evening. The hot tub was very nice. We actually sat in the hot tub and watched people get into the pool and rush over to the hot tub screeching because of the temp. That was part of our nightly entertainment! :)

As for activities - we don't ski so I can't comment on that. We took a zip line tour with Arbor Trek. It was fantastic. I highly recommend them.

I think if you are looking for service and romance this is the place to be. Yes, it's expensive but I found it to be well worth it.

Room Tip: Once you book your room catagory you will be given an option to upgrade at an additional price if av...
1 Thank Jen G
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have been to the Stowe Mountain Lodge several times, and always leave having a better experience than the last time I was there. The quality of the snowboarding on the mountain is just icing on the cake compared to the quality of service and the product that this resort puts on the table. I am a guest service manager at a 700 room hotel in midtown, and generally do not like to stay in hotels because I nitpick the quality of service and room itself...

With all that said, we were granted an extremely early check in to accomodate my two year old neice who needed to sleep, which was greatly appreciated by two exhausted parents! The room was perfect, exactly what we wanted, and of course, when I arrived and was greeted by the wonderful staff, it honestly made me envious that the managers at this hotel had such a caring, dedicated, service oriented team, on all shifts, and in all departments.

There are several individuals that I would like to give some credit to for going above and beyond even the 5 star expectations that I had, starting with the Front Desk: Lucy, Tracy, Jordan and Ash were wonderful when it came to navigating town, and making any special requests in the hotel. Valet and bellstaff at this hotel are some of the best I've seen anywhere in any of my travels. St. Pierre, John Bruneau, Sebastian, Billy, Jim I, and Matt were all great, they took exellent car of our cars, luggage and gear, they even brought my neices security blanket that was left in the car up to our room so she could sleep without batting an eye. The guys in Ski Valet are also pretty great, Particularly Jake, John, and Ian... they got some of our boards tuned overnight and took great care of our boots and boards and the system at SML is quite efficient.

Overall, if you are looking for some of the best Skiing/Riding in Vermont, mixed with hands down the best hotel and service, Choose the Stowe Mountain Lodge. I'll be back for a long weekend in February!!!!!

Room Tip: We travel here at least once a year. Our preference is to have a suite with living space, full kitch...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Celluch718ny
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Just returned from a great weekend in Stowe Mountain Lodge--and this was our second time visiting. From the moment you arrive, you're on vacation. Your bags, skis, and car are immediately whisked away, which may be worth the price of parking ($20) to not have to actually carry your skis--ever. The service--from the front desk staff to the bartenders, wait staff, ski valet, porters, etc--is phenomenal. You can't pass someone in the hallway without being asked, genuinely and unobtrusively, how you're enjoying your stay.

The value - a little pricey. We were given a gift certificate which covered half our stay, and we still managed to drop a pretty penny while we're there. Everything from a drink at the bar, to ski tickets, meals, etc. was a bit spendy. But that's Stowe, and if you're going to drop some cash on a ski vacation, this is the place; ski-in-ski-out, great bar (though a little scene-y at night), restaurant, relaxing vibe, comfy rooms with gas fireplaces and balconies..

Best part: relaxing in the hot tub after a day on the slopes--with a view of the mountain and a drink in your hand. Or it may have been enjoying a glass of wine and conversation at the fire pit with some fellow guests..

Room Tip: I have stayed their twice: first time I had the timberline room which was actually a larger room, w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
When we read reviews like this, it makes us know we've done our jobs! Thank you for choosing to stay at Stowe Mountain Lodge and then sharing your thoughts with us. The genuine and unobtrusive Vermont demeanor adds to the service our staff provides and we appreciate when it is recognized. We only hope that we can welcome you back with the same level of quiet service for your next winter ski vacation to Stowe, Vermont.

Regards,
Matthew Quick
Director of Rooms
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The concierge staff were outstanding (special shout out and high praise to Jason and Jessica)!

This was the best hotel experience we have ever had. The staff went out of their way to accommodate our every need, and with a friendly attitude.

The hotel was fantastic, and our rooms were delightful and expansive. We were thrilled to get an upgrade to a 1br suite with a fireplace and full kitchen. There was maid service twice a day (morning and turn-down evening). The ski valet was very handy and the concierge team attended to our every need. Outstanding service with a smile!