Stowe Mountain Lodge
Green Mountain Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
Commodores Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$94
Trapp Family Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$200
Stowe Motel & Snowdrift(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$109
$82
Innsbruck Inn At Stowe(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$69
Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$188
Golden Eagle Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$131
$95
Sun & Ski Inn and Suites(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$112
Topnotch Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$183
Hotels.com
Edson Hill(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$200
2,965 results
All reviewsski valetsolstice restauranthourglass bartimberline studiovalet staffski schoolzip linemountain lodgeone bedroom suitebeautiful resortgondola ridespruce peakoff seasonheated poolski resorttop notchfull kitchen
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stowe Lodge is gorgeous.

PROS. Great place for children and beginner skiers to learn.
Excellent ski and boot vallet service. Nicely organized!
Pool and spa nice!
So convenient and well orchestrated to get your boots on then to skies then to trails.
Nice workout room
Good price for hotel room itself.
Every employee anywhere on resort property acknowledged us and asked us if we
needed anything.
CLIFFHOUSE RESTAURANT. a must! EXCELLENT. (chef Jared makes YUM food!)
Free Internet wi if (except in gym which was disappointing)
Our king size basic room was huge
beautiful location

CONS: Pool area closes at 10 pm
Lifts shut down at 4:00 PM. To early. No night skiing either. No sightseeing during te day
for us. Maybe only ski half day I guess?..
Food in lodge area and customer service of waitstaff was just ok.. Food expensive for
Small portions and OK food Go into town to eat. lots of restaurants with great reviews.
prices and quality.
OMG privates lessons and snow board rental 60 percent higher than in town. convienient,
but wow, they gaouge you big time. OMG.
They only groom about 50 percent of their trails. This can be a pro or a con depending on
Your sking ability..
OPTION TO SELF PARK would have been nice. Vallet parking expensive.

Any questions? acker19@yahoo.com

Room Tip: Rent ski equipment in town if your on a budget
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at Stowe Mountain Lodge. You point out something we pride ourselves in which is all employees acknowledging our guests and fellow associates and lending a hand. We strive to create an environment where you can just feel at home and allow us to take care of your needs.

Thank you also for pointing out some of the challenges you faced. While we don't have control over the lifts, self-parking, grooming and what happens at the ski resort, we can look at your comments about the pool and consider the closing time. We do take seriously the safety of our guests however and do close when the outside temperature becomes too cold.

We hope to welcome you back and have you experience Stowe Mountain Lodge again!

Regards,
Matthew Quick
Director of Rooms

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I came home from OKC for the weekend and went skiing with my wife and son. Being in the hotel business it was nice to be a guest and not take care of the guest . Everyone I met couldn't be nicer, smiled and said hello. From the min We pulled up the the resort to the last min pulling away from the resort.

I have skied many places and the mountain was perfect this weekend. My son and I did about 9 runs for the day and spent great dad and son time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank thomasjsullivan
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is my third year going to this hotel. However, my next trip we will be trying out other hotels.

The Pro's
1. No driving to the slopes!!! This is the only reason I gave the hotel another chance this year.
2. Nice rooms
3. The heated pool

In summary, going with a family can be tricky when one wants to stop skiing and go to the pool while another prefers to ski a little more. Being next to the mountain is just very convenient. After skiing, my kids love staying in the heated pool for a couple of hours.

The Con's
1. Breakfast has declined in quality. Last year one could order from the menu, which was nice. Now, buffet is the only option. If you are OK with a McDonald's quality breakfast in a fancy environment, then you'll be OK. However, if you expect something better for a close to $80 breakfast for two adults and two kids, this is not for you.

2. Ski Vallet although very competent in day to day activities, at the moment of leaving you will be lucky if you get the equipment delivered to your car in an hour.

3. Although the arrival is somewhat smooth, the departure is a nightmare. I called at 8:30am to have my luggage picked up and kept in storage for an 11:30am departure. At 11:30am the car was ready out front, but the luggage arrived 35 minutes later.

In summary, it is convenient, but I personally don't think the value is there. I am trying other places this year.

Room Tip: Don't go on a long weekend.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Illya M
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It’s great to hear our guests take the opportunity to enjoy our rooms, amenities and proximity to the slopes! Your observations regarding service expectations have been shared with our Food & Beverage and Rooms Teams. We are dedicated to enriching the guest experience and are working to react to these opportunities with swift action. Please let me know if you would reconsider your decision to return. It would be my pleasure to show you how dedicated we are to our loyal guests.

Regards,
Matthew Quick
Director of Rooms

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was our second visit to Stowe Mountain Lodge and We couldn't imagine staying anywhere else! This expansive Resort has plenty to do even for those who don't ski. Options include horse back riding, dog sledding, snow mobiling etc. some of the activities are offsite but the concierge is extremely helpful and informative. The fitness center is the largest one I've seen in any resort and offers on site personal trainers. The spa is detailed and comforting, providing the ultimate relaxation. For discounted rates, visit jetsetter.com as the resort is frequently listed. The Resort charges $50 a day for pets and seems to be very pet friendly in all areas except dining.
. Valet service is $20 a day which is extremely reasonable considering you can pick up and drop your vehicle off as many times as you'd like. The valet guys are extremely fast. Everyone seems genuinely nice and eager to please. Solstice, their on site restaurant offers a season farm to table menu. Our dinner was fresh and menu options plenty.

The only complaint I have is the cleanliness of the toilet in our Timberland Studio. My boyfriend lifted the toilet seat, as men do, and found yellow spotted stains under the seat. We called the front desk and they alerted us that someone would be up immediately and apologized. We left the resort for about 4 hours and returned to find the seat still the same. We called again and the manager came up immediately with someone to reclean the whole bathroom.

Overall, we had an excellent stay and plan to come again in the summer.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had the pleasure of checking out the SML this winter. From the pool and lobby to the amazing location and rooms, this place is a dream! The staff is super friendly and never forgets your name! If your looking for a one stop dream vacation stay here! Seconds from the slopes and one of the nicest lodges I've ever been in!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family