“beautiful resort in the mountains”

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We attended a wedding at the Stowe Mountain Lodge with our daughters. The staff was amazing, the lodge was beautiful, the rooms very well appointed. It was a surpise to see a small kitchen area and a very lovely bathroom. Great products in the bathroom too. We also dined at the restaurant with friends, an amazing meal but a bit expensive. We felt very comfortable just sitting around the lobby in front of the fireplace and just reading. But what I must tell you about is the wedding we attended. It was like something out of a fairy tale. How the staff stansformed the ski lodge into a winter wonderland in a matter of hours was magic! I hope the lodge post photos, it was breathtaking. A job well done!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Maria D
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you for sharing your Stowe Mountain Lodge wedding experience! We attend to all of our guests with care and a certain level of attention to detail, and our weddings are no exceptions. Referring to the experience as something out of fairytale is a compliment we genuinely appreciate. Thank you again for choosing to share your experience with fellow travelers.

Stowe Mountain Lodge

Write a ReviewReviews (2,783)

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Me and my hunny went there for a ski stay. I loved the resort, it was beautiful in and outside. The staff was wonderful. They always smiled and made us feel very welcomed. They park the car for you and bring you anything you need from your vehicle. The restaurant and lounge was very pricey for my pockets, but other than that the stay was warming. Definitely going back!!

Room Tip: The ridgeline room was nice and beautiful view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for joining us at Stowe Mountain Lodge for your winter getaway! Our staff strive to provide memorable service that creates and relaxed and enjoyable environment for our guests while in residence and glad you were able to experience that. Our slopeside resort offers valet services for your car as well we your ski and snowboard equipment making the stay that much easier. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stowe Mountain Lodge just might be my favorite hotel, ever. We recently stayed here with our two teenage sons, and the whole trip was practically perfect. The staff were exceptionally courteous and friendly: as soon as our taxi arrived (we took the train to Waterbury) they whisked our skis off to the ski valet, a friendly young woman at the front desk checked us in and upgraded our room, and a third staff member navigated to our room (it was surprisingly far) and showed us around. The one-bedroom suite worked well for our family; all the furnishings were impeccable. I liked getting the small maple sugar candies on the bed instead of chocolates! Another example of the kind service: one of my sons competed in a skiing competiton, for which the awards ceremony was at a restaurant a few miles down the road. He planned to take the mountain shuttle, because we did not have a rental car. When the shuttle failed to arrive, one staff member offered to drive him to the restaurant and waited to make sure he was in the right place. I'm not sure they could do this on days when the hotel is really crowded, but my son was very grateful! We also loved the outdoor hot tubs, hotel bathrobes, luxurious sheets (seriously, they were *so* comfortable), and ski valet service. Just as important as the excellent accommodations, we had two great days of skiing (that was the point of the trip, after all) especially given that it was still fairly early in the season. Plenty of natural snow earlier in the week ensured everything was blanketed in white. To be sure, this is not an inexpensive hotel, but I felt it was an excellent value. We're already planning to return!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank K_Alice_11

Stories like this make us know we are delivering the right experiences and service. Thank you for sharing your Stowe Mountain Lodge ski trip vacation. Our staff excel at creating memorable experiences and going above and beyond the call of duty to create outstanding guest stays. We are sure to offer other touches of luxury, like the sheets you mentioned, to add to the experience as well. We hope to welcome you and your family back soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Me and my family stayed there 11/25 - 11/30/12 and its was the best. It was VERY clean & well maintained. We went hiking, sightseeing, visited the local shops, and just enjoyed the scenery. The staff was was amazing and attentive. The managers ( Steven & Ryan ) were there to assist with anything the Valet Gentlemen, was always willing to help. The bar and lounge was perfect, and the one bartender I got the chance to speak with ( Zach ) is the best. These are a few of an overall wonderful staff. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU VISIT IF CONSIDERING. This will be a place I will return because the people made the lodge and town even more memorable.

Room Tip: The Jr. Suite is a great value, but if any problems come up just talk to the staff, because from my...
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed for Thanksgiving with our 2 children age 12 and 8. Staff were attentive and friendly at check in and departure. Food was great and advice on local hikes.
We came back from Vertmont relaxed and impressed with that independent spirit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for sharing your Thanksgiving holiday with our family at Stowe Mountain Lodge. We are thrilled you were able to escape to take in the hiking and holiday dinner together, leaving refreshed. We hope to welcome you back whether for a holiday or simply a winter escape.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Although I guess "pricey" would be the obvious conclusion given that it's a five-star, although the room we got wasn't too badly priced at ~ $350/night. What a room, though - very tall ceilings, gas fireplace, wonderfully comfortable bed, granite countertops, a mini-kitchen and a very nice bathroom with glass shower and a separate commode room. I can only imagine what the one- and two-bedroom suites were like, although I just didn't have that kind of dough to spend. The on-site amenities will add up, so be prepared. For example, the breakfast buffet was $120 for the four of us, albeit very tasty. Your car is valet-parked which is a nice convenience, although I'm so used to being able to simply walk out to mine at any time that I did find myself wishing I had that choice so that I could easily run down Mountain Rd. and check out the shops and restaurants and such. No biggie, though. There's a spa onsite that my fiance (who doesn't ski - yet) visited and she loved it. There's a really cool heated outdoor pool that my daughter and I tried out the night before we left. It was pretty neat being in that while the wind and snow were howling. We jumped into one of the hot tubs from there and hung out for awhile. Very nice. The lodge is located at the base of Stowe Mountain and even though it's very early in the season, a fair number of trails were open and in pretty good shape, and the snowmakers were blasting away on the other trails so I'd imagine they're going to be up to full speed fairly soon. The whole complex, hotel and lodge, was spotless and very attractive and the staff there practically trip over themselves to help you. Definitely plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: I went with the upgrade from the basic room @ $200 to get the fireplace and sofa bed for my two girl...
1  Thank moconnor
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed here one night and were immediately impressed with the place. The lobby is large and well decorated.

The staff is incredibly accommodating and friendly (calling us by name).

The room and bathroom were large and well decorated.

The outdoor pool is huge - there's a separate area to do laps.

This is an expensive hotel but from our experience, you get what you pay for.

One minor thing:

I wasn't too crazy about shelling out more money for the valet parking (no other options). The hotel is in a quiet wooded area, it's not we were in the middle of a busy city.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at Stowe Mountain Lodge and sharing your experience with fellow travelers. Our staff genuinely welcomes our guests to their home away from home and hope you found this to be such. As for the parking fee, we do offer a heated underground garage and valet services and charge for the service as we don't have control over the adjacent parking lots. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.