“Worldly luxury in a mountain setting.”

Stowe Mountain Lodge
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
plymouth,ma
“Worldly luxury in a mountain setting.”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were there for the Fall foliage, which was spectacular, but we could see going back there for the Winter sports and the Summer lounging or vise versa. The hotel staff was very attentive and helpful. The room was lovely. I was ready to take apart the whole bathroom and bring it back to my house. The best bathroom I have ever been in. Separate shower, separate toilet and a deep soaking tub that I used both nights I was there. However, the complimentary bathrobe and the towels were stiff and uncomfortable against my then tender and soft skin. I understand they try to be Eco-friendly in their maintenance but a little water softener is really called for at a hotel. Really. The mattress needed an upgrade also. We were glad we were only sleeping there two nights. We could feel every bony part of our bodies all night long. I gave the place five stars, though, the fireplace in the room, the ambiance, the quality of the place, the spot on top notch restaurant, and the location makes me forgive those dreadful towels and uncomfortable bed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a newer mattress.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your recent trip to Stowe, Vermont. While we are a popular destination for foliage vacations, our seasonal recreation varies widely between seasons and offers everything from skiing and riding in the winter to hiking and biking in the summer. We hope to welcome you back toStowe Mountain Lodge to showcase some of these activities again.

Regards,
Heinrich von Puschendorf
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Had a great weekend stay and despite arriving to late in the season to enjoy the many activities offered we had a great stay. The service is top notch and the staff really make you feel welcome. The rooms are large and comfortable and the pool (heated) and hot tub were a great treat after hiking all day. Solstice is a great restaurant! Had one of the best meals ever there. Food is smart, fresh and absolutely delicious. Breakfast to dinner, you will not be disappointed. Hourglass is a great option if you prefer something more casual.
The $19 dollar a day valet parking is a little tough to swallow but the staff were so great you tend to over look it. Do your research on room configurations before booking, there are lots of options.

• Stayed October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

This place is perfection! I felt as if I was at a Four Seasons resort but located in Stowe so even better! Stowe itself is spectacular but combine it with a beautiful lodge, beautiful views from your balcony, a fabulous heated pool/jacuzzi area, & a super insanely comfortable bed! What else could you want? Oh, being at the base of the mountain, a world class spa, in-room fireplace, delicious room service...even for your dog!! I love it here! So much so that I booked 2 weekends for this winter. Our golden retriever is barking to come back! ;)

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Deena B
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My girlfriend and I had a great time here during our first visit to Stowe. Lots to see and check out and the staff and accommodations were amazing. One thing I would avoid is the breakfast offering at the hotel. It was expensive and didn't taste very good. In addition the staff there was slow and while we had to wait in line to get seated, I felt like we were being rushed out of the restaurant during our meal (serving time for this meal was over). Aside from that minor hiccup I would not hesitate to return in the future. In fact, we might turn this into a tradition as a way to end our annual family trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew C
Long Island
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Well, not exactly. The hotel was about 70% full but the staff were so proffessional and polite we FELT like we were the only guests!!!

From the moment we arrived and our car door was opened, Brian who took us to our room set the very high standards which were to follow.

The roo we booked looked onto Mt mansfield and even the mist could not spoil the view.
Ours had a small kitchen so this was great too.

We had drinks and food in the HOURGLASS BAR, where David was on hand for great service and good humour! Highly recomended for casul dining!

We ate in the SOLSTICE restaurant for breakfast (superb) and dinner (outstanding). D'jango our evening waiter made the service a joy!

Plenty of stuff to do here, even on a rainy day- gym, pool etc

Plan to go back in the snow next year!!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a view - well worth it!!!!
New york
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The stowe mountain lodge has all the amenities to be a five star resort but can't seem to get its staff to perform at the same level. Be prepared when eating at any of the restaurants to wait 10 minutes before a drink order is taken, another eternity to get the drinks and then a further long wait to place your food order. Didn't seem to matter which restaurant, lousy service is common while you pay New York prices. Valet is extremely inefficient, be prepared to wait three hours on check out day during busy holiday week to get your car. They just don't have enough on staff!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Michael L
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Please accept my apologies for the shortfall in service during your recent visit. We pride ourselves in providing a much higher level of service to our clientele. I have shared your concerns with our Food & Beverage and Valet teams so they may focus on eliminating this type of challenge in the future.

Feel free to contact me directly at the Lodge. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to regain your faith in our product and services.

Warm Regards,
Matthew Quick
Rooms Executive
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I were touring the the New England area and while in Stowe we stayed here. We both highly recommend staying if your ever in the area. From the moment we arrived we were welcomed. We didn't have reservations but that didn't matter they had vacancy's and we were registered and in our beautiful room in no time at all. The staff was very professional from the front desk to the cleaning ladies who greeted us with a smile and a hearty hello. The only downside if there really was one. Our room was in the south wing and it seem we walked forever from the front desk to our room, Trust me it was no big deal my wife said we needed the exercise anyway (of course I told her to speak for her self). I would highly recommend staying here even for just one night. If we are ever in the area again there is no doubt we will stay here again.

1 Thank BruceHutton