“Lovely place in the summer, definitely will go back for the winter!”

Stowe Mountain Lodge
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Lovely place in the summer, definitely will go back for the winter!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Very affordable in the summer for luxury accommodations. I'm definitely going back in the winter time for ski-season!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank kmagoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The Stowe Mountain Lodge is very nice, really there is nothing wrong with it. The rooms are beautiful, but definitely over priced. The bathroom in our room was almost the same size as our bedroom and living area. We paid about $375 per night for our room and I feel like we over paid a bit. We did have a fireplace and a small balcony, and there are tiny kitchenettes in the room but still. I would have been happier if this place had an indoor pool and jacuzzi. The outdoor pool gets very busy, and the food served out by the pool is pretty gross. I definitely expected more. The vallet feature is good of course but that is an additional 18 per night plus tips. It was nice, a little too busy and a lot overpriced. There are other just as nice places to stay in Stowe with all the amenities of this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank OneK9lover
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The Stowe Mountain Lodge is a nice resort but I felt a little trapped. You must valet your car and it is a drag to have to request your car everytime you want to go somewhere and tip the valet. We didn't stay at the resort during the day and we didn't eat at the resort so we needed our car a lot.
I was a bit hungry at five pm when we checked in. I just wanted some snacks but the gift store had closed. My husband remembered that we had a bag of chips in the car so we went to the lobby and asked the valet to go into our car. He couldn't find it on the first look so my husband followed him. In the meantime. a custodian opened the gift shop for me but the whole experience took about a half an hour. I felt a little frustrated that it was so hard to get a snack. I would have dahed out of the resort to a convenience store but then you need to pull the car from the Valet and then drive at least one mile down the road. The concierge had told us that there were vending machines in the game room but there were not any to be found.
The resort is very large and it was a long walk from our room to the lobby.
I called the front desk in the evening to inquire about the organized hike the next door but the front desk employee didn't know anything about it and asked me to call back in the morning as he thought that the hike started at ten but wasn't sure. It actually started at nine.
I accidentally left the do not disturb sign on the door when we left for the day so I asked the front desk to call housekeeping to ignore the sign but when we returned hours later, housekeeping had not come. After I asked them to come, they arrived and cleaned our room but skipped the bathroom.
These are all small things but they added up to make me feel a little trapped. I just like being able to come and go as I please and to have an entrance near my room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LEllen12
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Beautiful room, eco friendly cleaning products used, excellent service, good food, wonderful pool, hiking. We went for a concert which was at the Performing Arts Center-fantastic. Then just walked to our room. There is a required vallet parking so pack accordingly. We'll be back, but will take one car not two!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank redsoxgirl_11
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We had a truly wonderful time at the Stowe Mountain Lodge. Being from Las Vegas and enduring blistering summers, we absolutely loved the break from the heat in such a beautiful place. Every single person we encountered from bell / valet to golf, spa and room attendants were happy, accommodating and eager to find out if we were enjoying ourselves or if there was anything they could do to make our stay more comfortable. There was so much to do in the surrounding area too. We loved the gondola ride to the Cliff House restaurant, indulged in Ben & Jerry's more than once and even as adults - highly recommend the Alpine Slide! There is no doubt in my mind that we will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank LasVegan13
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed at the Stowe back in April. It was the second to last weekend of skiing for the season and we were able to take advantage of lower prices (which is all relative) for both the rooms and the lift tickets. We ended up renting a two bedroom, because we are a family of five with a 1, 3, and 6 year old and we were trying to actually get sleep that night. They way Stowe makes a two bedroom (or did here) is they adjoin a room with two doubles with a one bedroom suite with King bed, living area, and kitchen. I can't say enough about how luxurious it was at the Stowe with this configuration (especially since the grandparents were down the hall) as it gave us a place to hang out and relax.

Overall, the hotel was very clean, modern, with great facilities. Being right on the mountain could not have been more convenient. You could be on the slopes with 10 minutes of walking out of your room. The ski chalet they have is amazing...simply call down before you want to ski and they will have your skis/boots ready to go by the time you get down...and they are warm! The restaurants were a bit expensive, but expected. The store had what we needed for the kitchen in the room and the front desk can get in there even after hours (we needed some detergent for the washer/dryer they had in the room).

We decided to splurge and get a treatment on the spa. I'm not a typical spa person, but my wife treated me to a massage. I must admit, the spa was ridiculous. There was one for the men and one for the women. The men's had a huge rainforest shower, sauna, and a gigantic hot tub which I could have stayed in for an entire day. The massage itself was nice, in a clean room overlooking the slopes. Nice and relaxing.

If you get the opportunity to stay at the Stowe Mountain Lodge, I'd jump on it. We plan on going back again this year.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Nahant_Snique
StoweMountainLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Thank you for posting a review and sharing your experience with fellow travelers! We are thrilled to hear you had such a great time and appreciated the services such as ski valet and the amenities in the spa. We hope to welcome you and your children back soon to experience it all again!

Best,
Rick Fidel
Rooms Executive
North Carolina
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Stowe was our last stop on a 10 day Canada/Vt. trip. Wow, I wish I had taken a day from Mont Tremblant & added it to Stowe. I thought we could decompress at the Fairmont in Mont Tremblant but the pool area was bustling with people. Many of them loud & obnoxious. In contrast, the Stowe Mountain Lodge pool was expansive, had a beautiful view of the mountains, nice landscaping, had a few visitors at the pool & was a GREAT place to relax. My husband & I woke up early, had delicious coffee in our granite kitchen (1 bdr. unit) with pottery coffee mugs on our balcony & then worked out in the state of the art gym. I loved the skiing machine - I have never used one of those before & I got a great workout. After the gym we had the hot tub & pool all to ourselves. Loved it! The kids enjoyed the alpine slide, my husband purchased a great winter coat 50% off & we dined at Solstice for breakfast. Although we had 1 morning at the resort we made the most of it & loved it. This is an extremely clean facility, beautiful lobby & our 1 bedroom unit was out of this world. Everything feels top notch from the heavy doors to the gas fireplace and granite countertop to the quality silverware and ground coffee. Nothing is institutional here! We ate at the Hourglass our first night because we arrived late & were too tired to venture out. This was our last stop on a 10 day vacation & with 3 kids in tow we didn't want to pay the prices of Solstice. Hourglass was good but seating was tight & we were eating in a bar. It would be nice if they had a restaurant with the quality of food as Hourglass but a more family atmosphere. The staff was terrific. Everybody was friendly, helpful & professional. I looked at some of the reviews b/c I couldn't believe this only had an 85% rating. All the complaints had to do with service in peak season. I can only speak to service & our stay in July. It was close to perfect & I happen to be a very picky person. As I said before I wish this resort was closer to North Carolina, if so I would be a frequent guest!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family