“Well worth the trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Nightlife in Stowe
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth the trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

As we entered Harrison's, we were surprised to see that we were the only patrons. We opted to take two seats at the bar. There was a fair selection of local beers on draft and a large selection of local wine. We started with the Asaigo Cheese Fries. They were crisp and flavorful. We also tried the Roasted Red Pepper and Basil soup. The soup was creamy and full of flavor. For our main entrees, we had the Lobster Mac & Cheese and the Mixed Grill Special. The mac & cheese was loaded with pieces of lobster meat. The Mixed Grill had a perfectly cooked filet with a superb grilled blueberry vension sausage. As we finished our meal, the place filled in. Most families had made reservations. All and all - great service, great food, and good times. The next time we are in Stowe, we will visit this hidden gem again.

New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loved the atmosphere.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

It was very small and quaint - the food was great and reasonably priced.

Visited December 2011
providence
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“great food, bad attitude”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

The food here was very, very good. The wine list was very good for the area, especially by the glass. However, if they really want to be a fine dining restaurant (since they charge like one) they need to work on their service. We walked into this restaurant at 8:30pm and it closed at 9:00pm. We were treated like pariahs. The annoyance of our waitress was entirely palatable. Our entrees came out while we were still eating our appetizers. While I try not to judge a restaurant by the poor service of one server, I have to ask, where was the manager? Certainly not paying attention to what was going on at my table. I probably will not return.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank hogglebie
Boston, MA
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

My husband and I dined at Harrison's recently and we were really impressed by it. We showed up early for our reservation and were pleasantly surprised when the hostess was able to seat us despite it being fairly crowded. The food was outstanding and the atmosphere was really cozy. It's a hot spot among locals so I'd definitely recommend making a reservation.

Visited November 2011
Brentwood, New Hampshire
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Love the ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

Harrisons is in an underground dining room that is warm and inviting. It can become very crowded when full. The seating was immediate and service was excellent. Our server was efficient and attentive. I loved my filet mignon, cooked as ordered. My friend enjoyed her lobster mac & Cheese. We ended with ice cream, hot fudge and puff pastry. Delish. The Ony drawback at Harrison's is the poor location of rest rooms. Highly Recommend!

Visited September 2011