“Excellent food, excellent service”

Harrison's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Harrison's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: the local mountain shuttle drops off just steps away from the restaurant. Check with your hotel front desk for updated route schedules
Description: located in historic Stowe village. Serving seafood, steaks, burgers and homemade desserts. Dinner nightly. Experience a local favorite in a cozy atmosphere. Patio dining on Main Street available in summer months
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I can't think of a better place locally to enjoy a birthday dinner. I started with the soup of the day, which was squash and my husband with a Cajun-inspired one and they were exactly right for a rainy summer evening. We sat on the porch and listened to the rain and savored every bite. Our entrees (the lobster risotto and a garden salad with grilled shrimp) were equally delicious, and we topped the meal off with a split order of profiteroles that were just perfect.

The service was excellent and the wine the waiter recommended was perfect for the day and with our orders. It's pricey for the area, but totally worth it for a special occasion.

There are newer reviews for Harrison's Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Make sure you have reservations as we didn't a had to wait a bit but it was not long. Tuesday night and they where packed which says something right there. A wee bit pricey but the food was good. I did feel a bit cramped and got a bit agitated about it but we did have a table over the fireplace which would have been great if it was winter. Calamari was to die for!!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

If you haven't already discovered Harrison's in Stowe Vermont you are in for a treat and for those of you who already have you know what I'm talking about. We've had the great pleasure of knowing Kathy for years (back when she and her husband ran the Depot St. Malt Shop).
When Harrison's opened we couldn't wait to try it out on our next trip to Stowe. We were not disappointed. Of course it's always great to see Kathy and Andrew but the food......to die for!!
My favorite dish has to be Kathy's lobster mac -n chz. OMG! Deserts - forget about it. Needless to say Harrison's is always on our 'to do' list when we come to Stowe.
Do yourself a favor and make a point to stop in. Families are always welcome. Believe me you'll be glad you did.
Oh, B-T-W when you see Kathy tell her the 'pound cake guy' sent you.
Enjoy..............

Reviewed August 5, 2014

What a pleasant surprise. This was recommended by a hotelier nearby, but got there early and no one was at the restaurant eating outside where initially I wanted to eat, looked at menu, was craving some seafood, but was afraid I was too far in the mountains to get some good New England haddock or lobster. Came back later and went downstairs to sit at the bar which was packed full of people, so I thought well this place must be good! I ordered the fish & chips (haddock), golden beet carpaccio and a lemon drop martini. WOW. This was the best haddock I've ever had and I've eaten alot, the beet appetizer was fantastic, and the bartender was awesome. She made me a perfect lemon drop martini with fresh ingredients and she was amazing to watch her in action. She was very very busy and never missed a beet and her service to everyone was fantastic. She worked by herself! I would definitely visit this place again.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Once again we had a wonderful meal Saturday (8/2/14) night there with friends! We have been going to Harrison's since it opened and it has been consistently great service and food. A number of the wait staff have been there a very long time which is a good sign. We travel to Stowe several times a year, and we always eat there. It has a cozy atmosphere and the staff is good at making suggestions if you are not sure of a dish.
Kudos to Andrew, Kathy and the staff! We will see you in October!
Ray & Donna Miller