“A great hot meal”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: the local mountain shuttle drops off just steps away from the restaurant. Check with your hotel front desk for updated route schedules
Description: located in historic Stowe village. Serving seafood, steaks, burgers and homemade desserts. Dinner nightly. Experience a local favorite in a cozy atmosphere. Patio dining on Main Street available in summer months
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I visited Stowe for the first time this Thanksgiving weekend. Everybody recommended me this restaurant so I went on Saturday with my husband. It was full when we got there and we weren't able to get a table for that evening so we made a reservation for Sunday evening. Everything we ordered was really good. I recommend the filet tips with the sweet sauce. The calamari was a great appetizer also! The food was excellent but the service is just OK. The waitress was kind of quite. If your in Stowe and want a good meal, this is a nice option. But make a reservation first because the restaurant is quite small and get full early.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,421)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

First visit to Stowe over the Thanksgiving weekend. Luckily, my boyfriend made our 7 pm dinner reservation in advance. Good thing. We arrived 15 minutes early but were not able to be seated until then (there was no space at the bar) so we returned. Place was a lot smaller than I expected but it was cozy with fireplace going. We had the calamari but it was a bit overdone (chewy) but good. I ordered the ribeye (perfectly cooked but needed more seasoning - I asked for A1 steak sauce). My boyfriend and I shared the Mocha Cream Cheese pie...it was delicious. I ordered a Pomegranate Martini but did not like it. Service could have been friendlier and I found it to be a bit pricey.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Went here on our last night in Stowe. We were seated promptly for our 6:00 reservation. The atmosphere is small and a bit crowded, (it's easy to feel the person behind you moving in their seat when you're in a booth), but we knew what to expect from having been here when Gracie's occupied the same space.

I had a delicious salad that was on special for the evening, a mixture of field greens, walnuts, pears, goat cheese and cranberries with a maple vinaigrette. The salad was fantastic.

My entree was the shrimp and scallop scampi over wild mushroom ravioli. The sauce was nicely flavored, as were the ravioli. The dish was nicely presented, though perhaps the portion could have been a bit larger.

My wife's entree was butternut and pumpkin ravioli in a delicious pan sauce that contained apple cider and port wine with cranberries, shaved fontina and baby spinach. She liked the flavor, but also felt the dish was on the small side as there were only four ravioli for $19. She added chicken to the dish, which was very moist and flavorful.

Service was a bit lacking, somewhat inattentive. A request for lemon and ice for the water had to be repeated minutes later after it was overlooked by our server. He did come back to check on us once after the meal was served.

Overall it was a good experience, but it didn't live up to what I was expecting given such good reviews here.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

This place is hidden away, but well worth searching out. It is intimate and cosy, but also stylish. The service was very professional and friendly, a family operation. And the food? Fabulous! We had a special baked, stuffed haddock, which was amazing and a very generous portion. Want to go back tomorrow...

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I picked up dinner to go from this restaurant and with all the reviews I expected more. I got the shrimp and scallop scampi, where were tasty, but I actually got quesy from later that night into the next morning. It was served over mushroom ravioli, but they were a little hard. It's seems like a very nice atmosphere, but I recommend making reservations. While sitting at the bar waiting for my food, which the bartender was very cordial, I heard them say it was a 40 minute wait and it was only a week night in the off season. Maybe some of the other meals would be better, but I wasn't blown away for the value.