“Wonderful”

Harrison's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Harrison's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: the local mountain shuttle drops off just steps away from the restaurant. Check with your hotel front desk for updated route schedules
Description: located in historic Stowe village. Serving seafood, steaks, burgers and homemade desserts. Dinner nightly. Experience a local favorite in a cozy atmosphere. Patio dining on Main Street available in summer months
Pennsylvania
“Wonderful”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We did not have a reservation but they were able to get us in a 5:00 and we a were not disappointed. The service was great and the food outstanding

Visited October 2013

Lancashire, England
“Busy busy busy with great atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We tried to get a reservation here on a mon evening but they were fully booked until 9pm. However our hotel suggested going to the restaurant and they may squeeze us in or have room to eat set the bar.

We were lucky and only had a 10 minute wait until room at the bar came available.

The food and service were brilliant, excellent and customers were queuing to get a table.

Would definitely recommend but make sure you book!!!

Enjoy

1 Thank ChrisCol
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best hidden gem while in Stowe!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

After a bad dinner experience at The Whip we crossed the street for drinks and some dessert. It was a full house but with a short wait we got a couple of seats at the bar. I ordered my Hendricks’s Gin and Tonic with muddled cucumber, which was a colossal failure at the other place and was very pleased with my drink here. We also ordered a slice of some homemade raspberry pie, it was phenomenal. This was a great way to end the night after a bad start. We only wish we had dinner here as well. We ended up enjoying the night so much we came back 2 nights later, unfortunately there was no more pie but the profiteroles were excellent as well. Harrison’s really is a comfortable, friendly and exceptionally place to go when coming to Stowe, from our visit this weekend it’s the one place tried and true and keeps us coming back!

Visited September 2013
Lancaster, New York
“The best meal we had in Stowe!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We went to Harrison's the night we arrived in Stowe and were very hungry after our 8 hour car drive. We didn't have a reservation but being that it was about 5:30, we were able to be seated right away. I did notice that several people that came in shortly after were not able to get a table so I would suggest reservations. I also overheard the hostess mention that the full menu is available at the bar if you would like to sit there. My father and I ordered the rib eye and both of us agreed it was delicious. My mother ordered the apple cider chicken which she also enjoyed. I thought the pricing was adequate considering the dining environment. I would definitely recommend Harrison's if you are visiting Stowe.

Agawam, Massachusetts
“Entree's were horrible”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Let me preface this review by saying I am not a very picky person. I ordered the rib eye steak and was surprised by a 1/2 inch thick piece of awful. I can literally grill up a piece of top round better than they cooked up this rib eye... and seriously what kind of place serves up a steak that is less than an inch thick? My wife ordered the shrimp and scallop scampi over wild mushrooms. The scallops were the smallest I have ever seen and chewy. Very underwhelmed by the entrees.
That being said the crab cakes were good and the mocha cheesecake and chocolate cake were great. They had basil hayden bourbon which is a solid plus and the waiter was awesome, Seth was super efficient and could probably read minds. There are a lot better options in Stowe!

• Visited September 2013
maplestreet, Owner at Harrison's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your entrees while dining with us. We try very hard to please all of our customers but unfortunately in this case this didn't happen. Hopefully you will give us another try in the future. And we agree, Seth is a pretty attentive waiter!

Andrew Kneale