“tucked away delight”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: the local mountain shuttle drops off just steps away from the restaurant. Check with your hotel front desk for updated route schedules
Description: located in historic Stowe village. Serving seafood, steaks, burgers and homemade desserts. Dinner nightly. Experience a local favorite in a cozy atmosphere. Patio dining on Main Street available in summer months
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Harrison's is a cosy, very friendly restaurant and bar. We ate there on recommendation of our hotel as it was walking distance after a day on the mountain. Food - delicious, good portions, all tasty, hot and well presented. Beer - switchback, the local micro brew - fab. Grat value for money. The lady who runs the bar works so hard, she really knows her stuff and is very helpful with it. You can eat at the bar if there is no table, which is likely if you haven't booked as its a small place. (Its down the stairs at the bank of the coldwell building across the road from the green mountain inn on the main high street). Even when we hadn't booked they tried really hard to fit us in. I think they also do take out. They do a kids menu too. My husband had fish, I had steak tips one night and pasta another - all fab. HIghly recommended.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was our second time dining at Harrison's. Both times we have enjoyed delicious meals. Fresh ingredients with special touches, such as the mustard/apricot-glazed pork tenderloins (which I want the recipe for), make this a restaurant that stands out from typical meat and potatoes fare. We also enjoyed a warm brie, fruit, and pita bread appetizer. My husband approved of their beer selection. Our main plates cost around 20 dollars each.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We eat here often as this is "the" spot for tourists and locals alike. The downstairs is warm and cozy but make sure you've made a reservation as its difficult to squeak in otherwise. We are always treated with a friendly smile by Cathy or Andrew. The food is not limited, the choices are abundant, with each dish using the best local and seasonal ingredients mixed with the freshest seafood on the east coast. My husband loves the Lobster Mac-n'-cheese. And dreams of it often. Unlike my husband I do not like seafood. Upon the gentle coaxing of Cathy, I tried the Crab Cakes and now every time we dine here I order one or two.....they're that good. The food looks as good as it tastes. Please take any time that's available or call for take-out you won't be let down. The wait is well worth it!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Enjoyed Saturday evening dinner here - lots of atmosphere - the place was packed. Even so we had exemplary service and the food was very good

Reviewed February 23, 2013

A small place, but it's extremely warm and cozy, and the food is pretty good. Definitely worth a visit when in Stowe.