“Quint little place in the basement”

Harrison's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 103 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: the local mountain shuttle drops off just steps away from the restaurant. Check with your hotel front desk for updated route schedules
Description: located in historic Stowe village. Serving seafood, steaks, burgers and homemade desserts. Dinner nightly. Experience a local favorite in a cozy atmosphere. Patio dining on Main Street available in summer months
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Reservations were a must for this place on Thursday before Columbus Day and I could see why.
It's in the basement of a building in the heart of town. Very cosy, happening place, great bar and seems romantic. Don't think it's a good choice for familys with kids. Fast friendly service. Our meal was delicious! The prices were reasonable. A must in Stowe!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,421)

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The food, especially the Portabella Mushroom Sandwich, was great! And the owner/bartender are friendly and long time local restauranteurs. Would go again!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Lobster Mac N Cheese left me begging for mercy and a larger pair of pants....The brandy, fontina cheese was sublime.....
the atmosphere was great. We were seated immediately without reservations, but recommend them because the place filled up quickly....

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My first review of Harrison's, just a month or so ago, said we couldn't wait until we returned to Harrison's. Well, the second time wasn't a charmer. Sure, the martini's were great. The calamari appetizer was decent but the calamari a little tough. In our previous visit, the rib eye was awesome. Not so this time. I asked for medium rare; it was more like medium. It was tough. It also seemed a thinner slice of meat than our previous visit. My wife had the trout special. The trout was ok and it was propped up on a bed of some sort of gloppy stuff. Service was very good. When asked about my meal, I vocalized my concerns and the price was adjusted from $26 to $13. As a result, we will return but not for some time. Sorry, we liked it so much better the first time around. Oh, please try to air the place out next time; maybe turn on the heat. When we first descended into the restaurant, it smelled musty/dank like a poorly ventilated basement.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

we had dinner here in late September. The place is in the basement but really great setup going there, including fireplace. Service was good, price was about normal for Stowe, and the food was good too. The dessert was out of this world good, and that is what sticks in my mind. I would go back just for that!

1  Thank eric622