“Best Restaurant in Stowe, period.”
Review of Phoenix Table & Bar - CLOSED

Phoenix Table & Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Great space and decor, high quality food, very good service, good portion size, reasonable pricing, good vegetarian options. It really is the best restaurant in Stowe. The town really needed this. I literally have nothing bad to say about this place and I've been there 6 times. Best Veggie burger ever created.

There are newer reviews for Phoenix Table & Bar

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I believe this is a new restaurant.
We went for lunch. The menu was very limited.
We were very surprised.
Although the food was good, I would have liked more to
choose from.
It is also very expensive, especially for a luncheon menu.
It was convenient, on Rte 108, but with all the restaurants to
choose from I didn't find it competitive enough with the menu and
their pricing.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were biking along the bike path and saw this new restaurant and we decided to go in for lunch. We sat outside as it was a very nice summer day. We had a great service and our meals were quite good. For appetizers, we had lamb meatballs and cod hushpuppies. The meatballs came with tzaziki and was quite good as was the hushpuppies. For main meal, we had fried chicken sandwich and the chicken was moist and the bread was homemade and good. The other entree was a pork belly sandwich and that was great as well. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and we would definitely come back... maybe for dinner.

Thank T.B.Patriot
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We spent the day driving around Vermont, so we were ready for a local place for dinner. Our B&B hosts recommended Phoenix with a stipulation that the menu was not an everyday bistro one. My husband is a very adventuresome eater and will eat anything so he had no trouble finding dishes to try. I am a plainer eater - and had to search the menu for food I wanted. There is a hamburger on the menu so there is always something you can eat. We shared two appetizers, burrata and lamb meatballs, both of which I enjoyed. I had a salad as a main course, decent but nothing special.

Service was good. We were seated immediately. Our waitress was attentive and knowledgeable. We were seated inside, which is an attractively furnished. All in all a nice dinner.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

My dinner partner and I had differing opinions about this place, the location of which has been vacant at least since the start of the recession. We were hoping it would hit a home run. For some strange reason the night we went all the inside tables were filled but there were plenty of tables outside which is where we wanted to sit. The fact the restaurant was full on a Sunday night before the July 4th weekend was definitely a good sign. The service was friendly and efficient. We both ordered hamburgers, mine was loaded with cheese, bacon and the fried egg option. I also ordered the harissa beets which were awesome. The basic problem my dinner partner had was that what was on the menu didn't necessarily go together to create the continuum of the type of meal he was used to. I was perfectly fine with that, hence the burger, beet combination. When we were deciding where to go the restaurant had not posted it's menu on their website but promised that was coming soon. If we had seen it we probably wouldn't have gone because of the eclectic selection. I think we may go back for the burgers and sitting outside during the summer...too bad they chopped down the beautiful perennial flower garden on the corner of the property, it was probably too much work to bring back after so many years of neglect. Recommended with some reservations.