“Stowe Inn for a fine meal”

The Stowe Inn Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
The Stowe Inn Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 101 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Stowe Inn offers all guests a full-service on-site bar and restaurant at the River House Restaurant. The River House Restaurant provides a unique culinary experience with “sustainable farm to table” dishes served fresh daily. The quality menu can only be matched by the first-class customer service and relaxing, friendly atmosphere. Whether you are looking for a casual dinner for two, a glass of wine and an appetizer, or a full three-course meal, the River House Restaurant offers the delicious dining experience you’ve been looking for.The restaurant is open for Dinner Wednesday-Sunday from 5PM to 10PM. Check our Specials Wednesday thru Saturday.
Gilmanton, New Hampshire
“Stowe Inn for a fine meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

My was at a conference and we were looking for a nice restaurant to have a quiet dinner. Walking in the door we were greeted by 3 members of the staff and seat. Alex was very quick to point out that the window seats were chilly, seated us accordingly. Both my wife and I had the Prime Ribs which was served just as we ordered. The desserts were great also. What really made the trip was Alex, very delightful and helpful. Worth the trip. Alex, I hope Maintenance finally fixed the skies
Thanks

Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
“Best meal of the holiday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We decided to stop at the Stowe Inn for dinner as they had a sign outside declaring it to be Prime Rib Night, but neither of us ended up having the Prime Rib! We were warmly greeted by several members of staff, and were seated and served by Ed, who was hysterical! We started with (I hope I've got this right), cheddar and ale soup, which I had never heard of, and was frankly uncertain of what it would be. Well it turned out to be delicious, topped with scallions and crispy bacon. For the main I had a delicious steak served with garlic mash and griddled asparagus, all of which was fabulous. The steak was so tender. My husband had pork loin with cheddar mash and, I think, asparagus as well. The red wine I ordered was out of stock, so Ed suggested another, which turned out to be more expensive than my choice, but he let me have it at the price of the wine I'd chosen. It was an excellent alternative – good choice Ed! We finished with a peach cobbler for me, and a cheesecake for my husband.

Apart from the irritatingly loud English couple (cringe!) at the next table, talking about "Well when I was in Paris, daaahrling!", it was a wonderfully delightful evening to top off our stay in Stowe (try saying that after one of Ed's wine choices!!).

1 Thank Cathy M
Stowe, Vermont
“Yummy Food; Friendly Staff!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking to try a new place and I kept hearing about the amazing food that the Stowe Inn Tavern served. We walked into the restaurant and were immediately greeted with a smile and greeting from three different employees. We sat at the bar where Alex was our amazing bartender! He gave great suggestions for wine to be paired with my food. Jacob was also a great help! He kept making sure that we were enjoying our food which was DELICIOUS!!! For an appetizer, we had the amazing cheese bacon fries (a must try). I had the risotto and he had the salmon! Both seasoned nicely and we both finished our plates!!! Still we had a little room for dessert. The chef, Stephanie, came out and presented it to us (which was special) and yet again delicious! I was impressed with all the attention to detail! What was even more impresssive is that the manager of the restaurant came over and introduced himself, TIm, and asked us about our dinner and told us a little about the Stowe Inn itself! This was a FANTASTIC experience and i cant wait to go back and have my friends and family enjoy!! Thank you so much Tim, Alex, Jacob, and Stephanie!! We appreciate you!!!

1 Thank kms313
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Thank you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My fiance and I winded down in The Stowe Tavern at the end of our Sunday evening. We were given a generous helping of carrot cake, and a taste of the shepherd pie we missed that evening (which was FANTASTIC!). Alex, our barkeep, was an absolute delight. He is such a warm and wonderful person. Definitely a stop for us when we return to Vermont again. Thank you! :)

NY
“Sunday Evening !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Had wonderful meal last Sunday , The bartender Alex made the whole evening so spectacular, laughing and joking .. He makes a killer Martini.