Tripadvisor

Ranked #7 of 111 Restaurants in Stowe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Terrific atmosphere, excellent service and absolutely unique and delicious options. Just a block away from the Green Mountain Inn where we were staying.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (333)

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

Excellent service, never felt rushed. The salads were great, NH Greens and Local Baby lettuces, we loved them. We shared a schnitzel based on our server describing the portion, it was plenty for the two of us and very tasty, not dried out. A Smuggs local bourbon was a nice surprise. The visit lived up to the good reviews previously posted.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 4, 2020

Best restaurant in Stowe. We liked it so much the first night that we ate there that we booked it for the next night on the spot. I'm confused by the feedback about the owner, because she was so kind to us that was naively did not realize she owned the place until we asked. The food is all interesting but approachable, and truly delicious. The service was great, and also helpful with questions. I particularly liked the filet, but the desserts were also awesome. Cocktails are also an impressive variety. If you're visiting Stowe, definitely stop by to support these awesome business owners!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 11, 2019 via mobile

Recently visited for brunch. Was super delicious + easy! Healthy options with a relaxing environment. Will be back!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed October 27, 2019

We stayed in Stowe for a couple of nights recently and dropped into Plate on a Friday to see if they had a table. They didn't, but they did make space for us at the bar and we went on to have one of the best evenings of our whole US trip! The staff were really friendly, the ambience is really good and the food was absolutely incredible. I had the ribeye with blue cheese mash and poached pear. I am no expert, I'm not a chef or a critic or anything like that but I have eaten in a LOT of nice restaurants all over the world and, hand on heart, this was the best steak dish I think I have ever eaten. Phenomenally well cooked and flavours that worked sooooo well together that I couldn't stop boring my wife with it all night. She had a really nice carrot and beet starter with huge flavours and a sublime gnocci dish for main course which was delicate and hit all the right notes. And as for the banana pudding - get outta here! OMG. I would drive to Stowe again purely to eat here and that's saying something because I live 3600 miles away. What a great night, these guys are exceptional, check them out if you can.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank drmcross

Been to Plate? Share your experiences!