“Great Meal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
South Bend, IN
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I really liked this place. We sat at the bar and I ordered the smoked meat burger which I ordered medium rare and was excellent although it was a little over cooked, but it still tasted good. The bartender was very nice and friendly and helpful with our selections. The atmosphere is very upscale and modern and comfortable. I felt like I was in the "city". I would eat here again for sure.

Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Best Restaurant in Stowe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We discovered this restaurant via Trip Advisor despite staying almost opposite. The design is very stylish and contemporary but from the outside can easily be mistaken for a gallery or office. The food was amongst the best we have eaten not just in Stowe but in he whole of the US! Great menu choices with quality ingredients. Very good staff and excellent wine selection. The restaurant can be busy as it is very popular with locals, but this creates a good buzz. A 'must visit' if you are in Stowe or the surrounding area.

Visited July 2014
Stowe, Vermont
“SIMPLY AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Ok so I live in Stowe work is stowe and Have (after hearing from My hotel Guest) how great Plate is....and let me tell you simple "Great" does not even cut it, from the Owner Jamie to the Superp staff to the Chef Himself coming to the table just to say hi....WOW One of the Best meals in A long time-
save room for the Home made banana Pudding and the Almond Joy desert just too good for words

• Visited August 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great appetizers, cute atmosphere, wine prices scary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

We cruised into Stowe after 9 pm so we did not have a plethora of choices. We ordered entirely off the left side of the menu, as our waitress hurried us to eat. Gazpacho was noteworthy as we're the pork tacos. The wine was marked up like the sommelier was on acid. Our martins were $14 each and pretty ordinary. The place is new, maybe the sommelier will switch to pot and price more mellowly.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wilton, Connecticut
“Fantastic Place for Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

We decided to try plate while we were in Stowe to drop off my daughter at camp. Decor is clean attractive and upscale. Our waiter was attentive and helpful. Food arrived promptly even though the place was packed. The dishes were great.Corn souffle, Messy burger, Wings were some of the best I have had. My wife ordered mussels but they were not entirely up to her expectations. That said we will definitely return. I would not hesitate to recommend this to a friend.

• 4 of 5 bubbles