“Surprisingly good !”
Review of Plate

Plate
Ranked #9 of 101 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Hyde Park, Vermont
“Surprisingly good !”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Four of us for dinner, it was our second visit, the first was right after they opened. Menu is short but very interesting. Things you think might not be for you turn out to be really great. (Cauliflower steak !)
Not inexpensive but clearly worth the money. Go early as they fill
up fast !

1 Thank Bob W

Belize
“Great new restaurant in Stowe!!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Went there for a light dinner and we were not disappointed. Loved the ambiance, can't wait to experience it in the snow!

We have the calamari appetizer, it was possibly one of the best calamari dishes I have ever had. Bursting with flavor and texture. Though it was an appetizer, it was enough for my wife and I to share. Afterward we dove straight into their already fabled banana pudding, it was to die for.

Very impressed with this place and definitely looking forward to our next visit!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Bouloys
Montreal, Canada
“Innovative, good location, lively”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Very innovative yet relatively limited menu. Interesting side dishes and accompaniments to go along with main dishes. What caught our eye was the matzoh ball soup and challah on the menu. There was no way we were going to order it but any place that has matzoh ball soup and challah is fine in my books (us brethren gotta stick together!). Place has been open since 2013 in a very central part of Main St in Stowe. We were there in low season (early May 2014) but the place was very busy. Service was a bit on the slow side but since we were in "laid back" mode all was fine. After dinner, they gave us a "loot bag" of some good homemade cookies.

• Visited May 2014
Burlington, Vermont
“Needs a little work.”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Dinner on a steady Thursday night. My husband really enjoyed the pork chop, however my fish was underseasoned. Still a bit boring after squeezing lemon all over it. He also had the fish cakes which he said were okay, but nothing to write home about. Server was a bit over the top...cocktails and beer selection were good. We will certainly give it another try.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank VTDaisyGirl
Baldwinsville
“Absolutely wonderful!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

As soon as we walked in, we noticed the beautiful Edison light fixture -wonderful! The owner Jamie told us it was a one of a kind item that they commissioned an artist to do for them. The rest of the decor followed - built around that chandelier. It is an absolutely beautiful place! There are so many details! The menus are on clipboards- they bring you a DVD case with the check (ours was Charlie's Angels) - ice water is served in a wine bottle - the chairs are a beautiful pewter colored metal - I just loved everything about the decor!!

The place was filling up fast when we placed our order. I ordered the skirt steak and my husband ordered the burger. First, they brought out bread - served in a tin rectangular box- there were corn muffins, grilled flatbread and these wonderful cracker like breads. They served this with the best maple butter I have ever tasted. Our entrees were wonderful. My skirt steak was done to perfection- so delicious! My husband loved his burger and the food was artfully presented.
We finished with the orange spice cake and home made vanilla ice cream drizzled with caramel.
Yes, it was noisy- the bar was standing room only and by the time we left, every table was taken. The noise didn't bother us at all - everyone seemed happy and it was a good vibe.
Our waitress was a sweet young woman and very attentive. All in all it was one of the best meals I have had in a fun and upbeat atmosphere. Well done!!

Visited April 2014

Been to Plate? Share your experiences!