“Just average, but very nice folks”

Gentle Giants Sleigh and Carriage Rides
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The drivers there are nice. Chatty. They let you pet the horses and are interesting story tellers about the horses. But I come from a farm, and I guess that it was less magical for me, feeding and petting horses. The horses do look healthy and well treated though

But for $35/person, I expected a more interesting carriage ride. The recreation path was OK, and the carriage ride lasted 1/2 hour, but I have been on many of these rides and I expected more things to see.

It was just OK.

Might be better in the winter with the sleigh rides, and I am willing to try them again at that time.

3  Thank pw0867
All reviews
"draft horses"
"beautiful horses"
"relaxing ride"
in 2 reviews
"ride lasted about minutes"
"friendly horses"
"snow"
in 18 reviews
"appt"

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My wife had a job as a teenager tending horses on a farm and just loves them, so when we stayed at 3 Bears B&B, I booked a carriage ride with Gentle Giants to surprise her. Although a little pricey, my wife was overjoyed. WE enjoyed a very pleasant carriage ride through woods, meadows and beautiful countryside. For a surprise romantic extra, or anyone who loves horses, I recommend Gentle Giants.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

we went to Stowe in Christmas, i had never been on a sleigh ride, this is probably the best thing i did our time in Stowe. the people running these rides are incredible. i will see them again in Christmas.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Lots of fun, they have a private path through the woods, coursing near the river. Might be a bit expensive for a large family, but it's really fun to live out a line from a Christmas carol ;)

1  Thank VBeeDDS
See more reviews
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This was one of the highlights of our trip. How often can you ride in a real life "one horse open sleigh!" the ride is a bit slow but that's okay because the scenery is very pretty. The owner and driver were both very friendly and overall it was a really fun experience. It's kind of expensive but I'm sure it costs a lot to keep the horses running so I didn't mind. Your kids will love it but it's also a romantic activity to do with your sweetheart.

1  Thank traveling-politico