“Very Interesting Food”
Review of Flannel

Flannel
Reserve with OpenTable
Flannel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 101 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mountain Road
Transit: Stowe Area Trolley, seasonal.
Description: Flannel is the signature restaurant at Topnotch Resort and Spa in Stowe, Vermont, a AAA Four Diamond Resort. Set before alluring mountain views, the patio-style restaurant beckons with a striking atmosphere, an inviting open kitchen, and an innovative menu featuring chic country cuisine created from locally grown organic provisions. The restaurant is adjacent to the resort’s new outdoor swimming pools and al fresco lounge area. With 65 seats inside and another 75 on an expansive terrace, Flannel sets a welcoming scene for astute diners who appreciate casual yet creative cuisine. The open kitchen is a defining touch, creating a captivating scene of culinary sights and sizzles for diners savoring the bounty of organic farms from throughout the state. High coffered ceilings and a tamped-down color scheme round out a contemporary setting. We focus our expertise on presenting creative dishes that express Flannel's new food attitude: vibrant, delicious and satisfying.
Boston
“Very Interesting Food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Avocado-Tomato Soup, Pea Spaetzle, Coconut Chicken Soup were not just "different", but really good. My dinner chicken was also quite tasty, but cooked just a tad too long. Both my wife and I enjoyed the Cuban sandwich for lunch.

For breakfast, I had just the basics, but unfortunately they weren't very good. Over seasoned potatoes and tasteless bacon. Maybe I should have tried some of the fancier stuff ..

Service was consistently pleasant and responsive and even better, the prices were not that bad.

1 Thank xxramxx

Boston, Massachusetts
“Should be ranked #1 in Stowe”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Flannel and competing Stowe Mtn Lodge are the only 2 restaurants in Stowe I look forward to visiting during our annual summer stay. The food at both rivals anything offered in our home Boston. Flannel gets the slight edge because the outdoor patio dining makes this Stowe's most sublime dining. Go just before sundown and stay thru the lighting of the torches.

3 Thank paul l
“Nice view of the mountains and good food.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Flannel a few times. The food was always fresh and tasty. I had the salad with roasted chicken and the Greek salad. Both were very nicely sized.. My kids had cheeseburgers and said they were one of the best. The fries are delicious. We were staying at Top Notch, so it was convenient to eat here. I would probably come though if we were staying some place else. The view is great with food to match.

New England
“What has happened to the customer service? Horrible!!!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

After being sat we waited at our patio table forever - no menus - no service. I had to go back to the hostess station and wait for a me I as they were all out. After returning to our table we received water and then no service again. HORRIBLE! I had to speak to the staff twice to be a waiter to take our order after waiting for 20+ minutes.

So disappointed! We spent the day here at the spa where service is unmatched. Flannels needs to step up their training and their customer service. Management response?

2 Thank usarmywife1
Stowe, Vermont
“Lots of kids and clanking noise from the open kitchen”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Good food, but not for a quiet romantic evening. Staff are great!
Tables are close together, very noisy, between all the kids running in and around, and the guys trying to cook, pots and pans clanking, it was a too much. I don't care about seeing all the nonsense going on in the kitchen, put up a wall with some sound proofing, and offer a family section with booths for families.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Anne M

Been to Flannel? Share your experiences!