“Amazing food!”
Review of Flannel

Flannel
Reserve with OpenTable
Flannel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mountain Road
Transit: Stowe Area Trolley, seasonal.
Description: Flannel is the signature restaurant at Topnotch Resort and Spa in Stowe, Vermont, a AAA Four Diamond Resort. Set before alluring mountain views, the patio-style restaurant beckons with a striking atmosphere, an inviting open kitchen, and an innovative menu featuring chic country cuisine created from locally grown organic provisions. The restaurant is adjacent to the resort’s new outdoor swimming pools and al fresco lounge area. With 65 seats inside and another 75 on an expansive terrace, Flannel sets a welcoming scene for astute diners who appreciate casual yet creative cuisine. The open kitchen is a defining touch, creating a captivating scene of culinary sights and sizzles for diners savoring the bounty of organic farms from throughout the state. High coffered ceilings and a tamped-down color scheme round out a contemporary setting. We focus our expertise on presenting creative dishes that express Flannel's new food attitude: vibrant, delicious and satisfying.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Just got back from an overnight stay at Topnotch Resort and Spa where we had two most memorable meals. Erika was a lovely and attentive hostess, our servers Kristel and Noelle were wonderful and the food was simply delicious. We ordered the Flank Steak and the Duck and both were cooked to perfection, succulent and juicy tender. The duck was crisp on the outside and incredibly tasty on the inside. The turtle cheesecake for dessert was also outstanding and the huge apple pie portion was an unexpected delight with tart apples and a perfectly flaky crust. Also had the turkey hash for breakfast this morning, great smoky flavor! We will definitely be back for more. So lucky to have such a great place right here in Stowe, Vermont.

Neil A, Manager at Flannel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear Reina802,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us and others. It was our pleasure to serve you at Norma's.

Neil Archibald

There are newer reviews for Flannel

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My friends and I were recently in Stowe and had the most amazing dinner at Norma's restaurant in the Topnotch Resort. The dinner was amazing. Every dish was better than the next. An explosion of flavors in my mouth. Some of our dishes included the Chestnut Gnocchi-OMG I was sad when they were all gone. The Filet Mignon was perfection and the side of crispy brussel sprouts were to die for and I'm still trying to re-create them at home! We were informed we could take our dessert 'to go" as we were so full and we got 3 HUGE cookies and milk..We ate them for days. The service was helpful and accommodating but not overbearing. One of the best restaurants I have ever been too. ( lived in NYC for 15 yrs)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Let me start by saving that we found out a large party was expected 1/2 hour before our reservation so we decided to go an hour earlier to not have to wait behind them in the kitchen. The hostess handled our change and request for a window table skillfully and graciously. Decor was lovely (contemporary and warm) as are the views, even though you look out over the pools. In the fall when we're visited, this was not an issue, bit it might be odd in the warmer months to watch people in bathing suits as you're dining.

The menu was intesting but pricey, so we took advantage of a special that's $35 for 3 courses with a percentage going to charity and think others were doing the same since the restaurant was full on a weeknight. My husband loved his mussels, but my fillet was overlooked and had a strange texture as if it had been cooked while frozen. Service was very slow (not helped by us coming early). For example, our cappacinos were gone 15 minutes before dessert showed up and, when it did, the a la mode was puddling around the otherwise perfect key lime pie. One other note, the window at our table was covered with smeared fingerprints right at eye level as if a child had sat there. This wouldn't have been a big deal except that it would have been nice to enjoy the view while were waiting for each course.

Neil A, Manager at Flannel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear HappyTraveler01534,

Thank you for taking the time to review Norma's at the Topnotch Resort and Spa. We always appreciate any feedback we get from our guests and try our hardest to implement the changes that you and other guests ask for.
We are happy that our Hosting staff was able to accomodate the time request for you and that you felt it was done in a timely and professional manner. You also noted that you service was slow and we will work with our staff in order to help them custom taylor the flow of a meal for each of their guests. Cleanliness is always a top priority for us, and we would like to apologize about the view you had from you table.
Before you come back to the Stowe area, please email me directly at narchibald@topnotchresort.com. We would love the opportunity to provide you with the experience that was lacking from your last visit.

Neil Archibald

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Loved the menu, lots of unique choices. Burger was great, it wasn't just a burger, had maple onions, fried egg... yum and huge. Great mac and cheese side. My friend had the filet and loved it another had swordfish and loved it. Breakfast was just as good, the turkey hash and poached eggs were very tasty. Service was always friendly and very attentive and they were super busy every meal but it is a great place to dine, looking out over the mountains in a very open airy dining room.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Every year my husband and I plan a trip to New Hampshire, but this year we decided to try something new. We planned to head north to Vermont as we had been recommended to do so for many years, the views are always incredible this time of year which made the 4 hour drive well worth it. Once we arrived a close friend, who seems to never steer us wrong, recommended us to try Normas. Although we had a little trouble finding the place it was well worth the search, the atmosphere was cozy and the decor was exquisite. I've always felt a little more comfertable in an open layout when I'm able to look into the kitchen and see my chef at work. A sense of passion and professionalism displayed was admirable all through the night with every plate prepared to be as perfect as the last . The plates were wonderfully displayed and presented to us with such detail by Ryan, who was charismatic and an absolute pleasure to have waited on us. The food was absolutely amazing, every course was cooked to excellence. I was surprised with how much I enjoyed my stay in Vermont, and will definitely return to Normas without a doubt.