“Lunch stops at 5:30!”

Ranked #7 of 104 Restaurants in Stowe
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We have stayed at the Green Mountain Inn several times. We usually eat at the Whip once or twice during our stay. During our most recent day at the Green Mountain Inn, we ate at the Whip four times, because we were very pleased with the new luncheon menu. Since we always eat at 5:00, we were very happy that we were able to choose from the luncheon menu which doesn't end until 5:30. The prices were much more reasonable than the prices on the dinner menu.

All four times my husband had a 10 oz steak with a masheded potato and salad for $15.99. Once I had pecan crusted salmon with mashed potatoes and a grilled vegetable for $13.99. Another time I had a reuben sandwich. (I was able to have a salad instead of the French fries. ) Twice I had Chicken Piccata for $14.49. They served the chicken Piccata, mashed potatoes, spinach, and artichokes all together. The second time I asked to have the mashed potatoes put on a separate plate.

We enjoyed all our meals and had great service each time. I do hope that they put back on the menu the delicious chicken sandwich on French bread that they used to offer.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)

Reviewed June 12, 2014

You won't go wrong eating at The Whip. Very nice servers as well. The drink menu is great also. All in all, great experience.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Very attentive staff, the food was excellent and there was a lot to choose from. Normally you would need reservations but it was quite but busy so it was perfect.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

The food here is fantastic! I tried a Reuben which I had never eaten before. It was delicious! The staff are fantastic!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

With a great meal at 5 pm at a well-established Stowe restaurant, that has updated itself. And they treat your kids well, lavishing attention on the adults with custom cocktails, and all the food comes out beautiful, tasty, hot and fresh. And the ingredients and options are local and interesting, and you feel well taken care of, and you've eaten modern Vermont cuisine. Not cheap, but with great service, didn't even care that the extra applesauce cup for a kid was $3.

Been to Whip Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!