“Mostly good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Whip Bar & Grill

Whip Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 100 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston
“Mostly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

My mom and I enjoyed the Whip the first time, so we went back again. Nice atmosphere and attentive waitstaff and the bar is very popular. On our second visit, though, my mom's steak was too tough to eat; we said so to the hostess when she asked (rhetorically) "how was everything?" She should have offered something complimentary (like dessert or an adult bev), but no such gesture was made.

Visited March 2014

Durham, Canada
“Okay, but definitely, not Great!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

The Whip was suggested by our friends so we decided to go at the last minute. We phoned for a reservation but were told we didn't need one so off we went. There were lots of available tables so we were seated quickly and orders were taken efficiently. I can not eat mayonnaise so I explicitly told the waiter and he made a note of it. My meal came and there was mayonnaise on the sandwich....lots of it. I removed the bread and carefully ate the turkey, bacon, and tomato. Then I noticed that my side salad had no dressing....so I ate it plain and boring. The others in the group were pleased with their meals. The waiter noticed the mayonnaise covered pieces of bread when he picked up my plate and made a comment that the kitchen made a mistake....but didn't offer any alternatives. I also told him about the salad....he just brought the bill with the full amount to be paid. I won't be coming back anytime soon. Very disappointed with this restaurant.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Morrisville, Vermont
“a year later--food just as good; service better than last time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Because we had a less than optimal experience last Mother's Day 2013, we haven't gone to the Whip in awhile. The service then was slow and very inefficient. A friend was here from out of town and wanted to take us to brunch. So we decided to give Sunday brunch another try! We ordered the country breakfast, pancakes, and french toast. All were very good. The hostess and the server were very friendly. The food came out in a timely way. I asked the server for another piece of toast and she forgot, and then brought our check before asking us if we wanted dessert, which was a bummer, considering the place was not crowded. We ordered creme brulee-good in flavor, but the texture was not as "custardy" as I would like. Nonetheless, given the improved service and friendliness, we will return when the renovations to the restaurant are completed. They are closed March 30 to May 2.

Stowe, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth returning to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

The Whip was suggested by a 'local' we met on the Gondola. Our server Ron was very knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. We opted for lighter fare rather than full dinners. Our choices were both excellent. My husband had the smoked chicken sandwich. It was loaded with meat and very filling. I had the duck confit quesadilla. It was most delicious.

Hamilton, Canada
“Great food, always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Wonderful bread, great chowder and mussels, really good sandwiches. Beautiful decor in the Whip Bar and it's a nice place to gather for drinks after a day of skiing. Great atmosphere.

Visited March 2014

Been to Whip Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!