“"Hats off" to the Whip!”
Review of Whip Bar & Grill

Whip Bar & Grill
Ranked #7 of 104 Restaurants in Stowe
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Yesterday I accompanied my mother to the Whip Bar and Grill and I must speak for everyone in attendance (20 lively, lovely red-hatted ladies!) when I say we could not have felt more accommodated.

Our server was patient, cheerful, and most engaging with a group that, trust me, can be quite a handful! Our soup was nice and hot, the coffee always on hand, and I liked that the manager came over to greet everyone, and to see that things were running smoothly. Both of these gentlemen were very cordial, very professional. It was nice to see such service with a smile! Many thank!

Miss M

Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed November 6, 2012

They have a wonderful roast turkey meal with all the trimmings. It's well worth the stop for traditional pub food.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The experience we had the week before this last one left a lot to be desired (see my last review), but this time things were much better, although I felt there was still something missing in the atmosphere and the menu choices still seemed a lot smaller than in years past. This has been our favorite for a long time, so we were disappointed the time before this but decided to give it another try.

In any event, food was better;chose different items. Still a bit expensive, but enjoyed our meal. Hopefully the last time was just a fluke and we will be returning when we are on vacation in the area next summer.

STT1833, Manager at Whip Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

We're very pleased that you joined us again for dinner and had an
enjoyable time. Thank you for the opportunity and we look foward to seeing you
again this summer.

Steven Truso
Director of Food and Beverage

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stopped in The Whip for a quick lunch,was on a time schedule.
My waiter who was very friendly said he'd have me in and out.
Great recommendation on the pumpkin ravioli.
Prompt and friendly service with a at home atmosphere.
This visit made my workday feel like I was on vacation, for a half hour. Thanks.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is our 20th year having a place in Stowe and we have been going back to The Whip since the early days. The atmosphere is wasrm and cozy and the food is excellent. Friday night we had steelhead trout and scallops with a delicious risotto and sauted swiss chard and butternut squash. The scallops were well carmelized and rare in the center and the steelhead trout was flaky and juicy. Service was excellent. Lots of locals were there since it is officially 'Twig Season'.

The Whip is also a great apres ski bar for the older crowd and families. Their menu is very kid friendly and the bar isn't rowdy.